“Another fantastic stay in this cosy gem on the Golden Mile.”

The Park Villa Hotel
Ranked #230 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Park Villa Hotel over the Easter weekend. As always we were greeted with a beaming smile and taken to our room. As in our previous stay the rooms was a little small but big enough for two. In a way I sort of like the quirky rooms, it has an authentic feel. The room was clean and tidy if I was being picky I would say that TV wires were a little messy. The bar wasn’t open till late and wasn’t very busy but we had a few drinks and a chat with James the owners son before we went out. We were advised of the best places to go in town. The breakfast was substantial and well cooked. All in all a great place to stay and the people make the break for you! PS Blackpool is no longer a building site like it was when we stayed last. It is looking very smart indeed.

Room Tip: If you want a bit of extra space ask for a larger room as some are slightly smaller than the standar...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul J

Reviewed 4 February 2011

The owners Lynne + James definately deserves a medal

Every time i have visited this hotel, i never want leave. their take on customer service is the best i have ever experienced and is unrivaled.

the rooms are always clean and the food is always home cooking at its best!!

trust me when i say this, once you visit once you'll return years after year and it goes without saying that i am returning this year

this is without a doubt customer service at its best, right from the first phone call, til the time you leave !

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greatservicedefender
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Stayed here for two nights, to watch the football. A 10 minute walk to Bloomfield Road and only a 5 minute walk into the Centre of Blackpool. Very friendly and courteous service. Bar, Lounge are has Sky Sports. My train was later in the day, on the day of my departure, so was in lounge all day. Was offered plenty of cups of tea. Great service.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I’ve just got back home after another pleasant visit to The Park Villa Hotel in Blackpool. I have been going there at least twice a year both in and out of season for the past few years and would not consider staying anywhere else in Blackpool after a few disappointing stays at other hotels there. Lyn and her son James own the hotel and are amongst some of the nicest people I’ve had the pleasure to meet. I always look forward to their full English breakfast freshly cooked for me at a reasonable time in the morning and if I don’t fancy braving the brisk Blackpool wind, I can ask for a cooked evening meal with a bit of notice. The hotel itself is ideally located just a short walk from the front so you don’t get disturbed from the noisy nightlife. Lyn is often found running around with a duster or the Hoover therefore The Park Villa is sparkling clean & the rooms are tastefully decorated. Whilst I was there this time they were getting some of the rooms ready for a clean lick of paint so they are fresh for the new season. I can’t fault this hotel & would struggle to find anything to do so. Well done Lyn & James, can’t wait for my next visit next year.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Decided last minute to do an overnight stay in Blackpool (Thur / Fri). Wanted to sort out accomodation before travelling so I researched some recommended B & B's in Blackpool and the Park Villa was the 1st one that I called.
Initially I was quoted £ 100 for 1 night in a family room including breakfast. After explaining that it was 2 adults and 2 children, I was then informed that the rate would be £ 75. I offered to leave my card details to secure the booking but I was told that a verbal booking was fine since the card machine wasn't working.
The house is situated on a quiet road just off Central Drive, approx 20 mins walk from the Tower and around 30 -40 mins walk from the Pleasure Beach.
The room was situated at the top of the house and was clean and tidy though a little cramped but that's only to be expected with a family room. The bathroom was clean and adequate with shower, WC and wash basin. Room had TV, kettle, wardrobe with drawers and a small table. The only worry would have been how to escape from there in the event of a fire since the uPVC window stays were corroded and sticking.

The best thing about the place is the people who run it. Lynne is the landlady who greeted us and her son James is the full time owner. We were made very welcome from when we 1st arrived. I thought that the kids would only get cereal for breakfast but Lynne came over and offered to cook them both the same full English that the adults were enjoying.

All in all, a short but pleasant stay. We will probably go back again next year.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank millarvanilla
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This small hotel was clean and Lyn was very friendly and helpful. We were 8 ladies traveling to Blackpool on a hen party and were made very welcome. The rooms are compact and all space used to it's maximum purpose. The breakfast was first class and all cooked fresh at a time we wanted. Our only problem was with the showers. The water temperature was irratic and shot from freezing cold to red hot with only the slightest touch of the controls. The hotel was quiet and ideal for families as many family rooms.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2010

A lovely hotel, only 5 minutes walk from the tower. The owner, Lynne is really helpful, and friendly. Gorgeous food, and made to feel very relaxed and at home the whole time I was visiting from Friday - Monday. Will defo be returning later in the year! :-)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends