“Not impressed”

Ranked #158 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Huddersfield
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We were expecting a small room as stated but this was literally a large single bed in a box room, the en-suite was falling to bits but what can you expect with the price? Well I would expect hot water for a start, my partner had a nice warm shower which was nice, but afterwards my shower was short lived, by the time I had shampoo on my head the water turned freezing so I was unable to wash it out. I got my partner to go down stairs and we were told the light had gone out on the boiler and to wait 10 minutes for it to warm back up, this didn’t happen. After 10 minutes I went down myself with shampoo still in my hair and was told the water tank didn’t cater for multiple showers. How is this possible for a hotel with multiple rooms?... However after I explained we were meeting Friends at 6pm and it was already 5 we were finally offered an electric shower in another room. However the temperature gauge was on the outside of the shower and also to turn it on you had to turn it from hot to cold, so I set it at the halfway mark. Jumped in the shower and screamed. This was scalding, jumped back out and turned it right on the blue. This was still far too hot and by the time I’d managed to wash my shampoo out I was red raw. I told the hotel owner and was told I could have my money back and leave, but this wasn’t my intention, I just wanted to give advice plus time was getting on and we were pushing it to be out for 6pm. Over all not necessarily happy, the plus was didn’t have to be out of rooms until 11 am but can think of any other plusses.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jezz W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed for two nights and the accommodation okay, en-suite with a double and two singles. The room was well presented and clean as was the en-suite. The breakfast could have been better quality given the price of the room. The hotel is very close to the pleasure beach and south pier.

There is very limited on street parking in the area, and we had to leave our car a couple of blocks away.

Having booked a room for 4 adults via Bookings.com we were disappointed to discover that the price for the room was apparently for 2 adults and 2 children resulting in additional and unexpected costs. The staff were pleasant and friendly but uncompromising, given the situation. The last thing anyone wants to hear on arrival is that there are additional charges and for that reason I wouldn’t be back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank StuEdin
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Managed to get in for a one night stay - although the shower was not working really enjoyed it - especially as it was a one night stay!!

Promised to come and see them soon as will be staying at the Arncliffe Hotel on osborne road

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Very comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. The rooms are small but clean and the location is ideal. Would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2010
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Booked a couple of nights in Blackpool for the family at short notice and was felt very welcome room was perfect for me and the wife and 2 kids at a great price and location is perfect for the pleasure beach and the south pier. Would definately stay there again

• Stayed September 2010
Sunny Stockport Fun City
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Great location for the Pleasure Beach and South Beach area, super value.
Reasonably rum and welcoming.
Rooms are pretty poky and basic, but clean enough and everything's there (tv , tea and coffee stuff, reasonable ensuite with on demand shower, etc). Fine for a night or 2, not sure I'd want to stay much longer.
And yes, that is a proper old Space Invaders table game!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Will def come back to the Sandhurst when visiting Blackpool again, rooms clean and comfortable, good location for trams, buses and pleasure beach. Recommended for a short stay in Blackpool.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple