“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #167 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Northamptonshire
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is the 5th year running that I have stayed at the Novello – my 7th stay in total. Once again I had a very enjoyable 5 day visit. The owners, Fransje and Robert, always make me very welcome.

My room was excellent, very clean, nice comfortable bed, digital TV with Freeview, plenty of storage space including large wardrobe, desk and chairs plus very good en-suite facilities with power shower.

The breakfasts were superb and included a choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, juices, etc. The full English breakfast was well cooked and very nice. Also tea or coffee plus plenty of toast and marmalade. Robert’s breakfasts are one of the highlights of staying at the Novello!

Hotel is well located in central Blackpool near to the Tower and just a few minutes’ walk to the seafront and the famous tramway.

The Novello is ideal if you require somewhere nice and quiet to stay. Highly recommended.

I am looking forward to another visit in September.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Tramfan
Eleonoor, Owner at Novello B&B, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
you are still a Wonderful guest and, as we have said before, it also works both ways! But I am proud to see you so happy with your stay, you are used to us and that also means you expect us to meet the set standard and I am proud to be able to meet that. I look forward to see you back later in the Season!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 19 May 2013

First time stayed at this place and was very impressed made to feel welcome and very helpful, in a ideal location only a couple of minutes walk to sea front and town centre staff very friendly a very clean place and idealy sized rooms for couples or traveling alone, breakfast was very good would definitely stay again and would recommend to anyone looking for a small friendly run hotel and very good value for money

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank tonyMarley
Eleonoor, Owner at Novello B&B, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for the kind words, I am proud with what we achieve and see that we manage to make a positive contribution to your leisure time!
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed at the Novello hotel on Saturday 18th May 2013. If you are ever looking for accommodation this is the Hotel to stay at the rooms are immaculate and the breakfast is second to none.
We were made to feel very welcome. After we had checked in we were told there was an honesty bar which we could use in the lounge which I felt was a very nice touch.
We will definitely use this hotel again

Paul Marlborough

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
The Hague
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This May Bank holiday I stayed at the Novello again and had a great time. It is a perfect place to stay if you like to visit the attractions of Blackpool. The Ballroom in the Tower was closed for an event, but enough other things to see and enjoy, like the comedy carpet in front of the Tower and the new sea front. I had a lovely lunch at the Beach House there and went back the other day to try the pitcher of Pimms with a friend - outside in the sunshine! On my last day in Blackpool I was pleasantly surprised by the creatively served (and very nice!) salad in Stanley Park. Next time I might have to stay longer...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Bo'ness
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Again I took a hockey team to the Novello for another year and we were welcomed again by the hosts. The rooms were comfortable, as always, breakfast is to die for, it is the best in Blackpool. It is very close to the centre of Blackpool which is ideal after a hard day of playing hockey as the team likes to party and it always nice to know you come back to a welcome hotel and staff who are always interested in how the team is doing in the tournament. We will be back as long as the hotel wants us there. See you next Easter :)

Room Tip: They are all excellent :)
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Went for a weekend stay, warm welcome by host, explain the operation of the b&b very well and told us about a great (cheap!) car park near by, very clean and relatively up-to-date consider the age of hosts. Near the sea front and would recommend this hotel, plan on going back in the summer and would not think twice of staying anywhere else.

5 STAR!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan S
Kerkrade, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a fourth-night, for my internship. The location is very close to the sea and the town centre. There is a lot of entertainment in town, like the Blackpool Tower (Dungeon), casinos, theatres, shops and restaurants. The two owners of the hotel are very friendly, and they do anything for you to enjoy your stay. Every room has plenty of drawers and a wardrobe, so there is enough space for luggage. It also has a television with digital channels and a water boiler to make your own coffee / tea / hot chocolate. Their breakfast menu is very large to me, but that might be because we do not have such English Breakfast in the Netherlands. All together, I really loved my stay in the Novello Hotel, and I want to thank the owners for everything they have done for me!

Kindest regards,
Jeroen

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeroen S
Eleonoor, Owner at Novello B&B, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Jeroen, thanks very much for your lovely compliments. We had a great time,having you here. It was good to listen to your enthousiastic stories each time you returned from town. I do agree, there is so much to see and do in Blackpool that any holiday here is a joy. We are grateful that we have been able to give you a good place to come 'home' to every evening!