“Worst stay ever in a hotel”
Review of Novello B&B

Novello B&B
Ranked #181 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Worst stay ever in a hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The first room 5 they gave us ,the window would not open for some fresh air and it was a hot day.My wife went to reception to speak to someone but there was a note saying ring this number,when she rang it was an answering machine so she left a message.two hours later the husband moved us to a room on the 3 th floor.the lift stopped short of the floor and would not move .so we went to the 2 nd floor and walked up.this room had no hot water and when we complained the owner said it does not come on until 7 or 5 pm and started arguing with me the following morning on leaving without breakfast the owner again started arguing about the lift saying I did not use it properly .both of the owners were ver rude and agressive. All in all a bit like Faulty towers.

Room Tip: Do your homework and book by recommendation from someone you know if possible
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank David J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Phoned up to make a cancellation due to personal change of circumstances, only to be greeted with nothing but pure ignorance. Not only was the person I spoke to extremely rude to me on the phone, she also laughed and then hung up on me. The hotel also took money out of my account without my consent and then was told that I wasn't allowed a refund. My late partner who made the booking, phoned up to cancel and then was told that there will be no refund at all (after the lady telling me that there could be a refund if the room was booked by other people). He also wasn't able to cancel the booking after the lady told me he had to phone up himself and cancel. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I would have been sacked on the spot if I treated my customers that way.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank amanda123912
Eleonoor, Owner at Novello B&B, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Unfortunately, I have no idea who or what you are talking about. Our policy is that the person who booked has to do the cancellation, and only cancellations 6 weeks or longer will receive a full refund. Other refunds do depend on the room being re-let.
Scotland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

WE have just come back from 5 days at the above hotel and can only say that for the price we paid the hotel was really good. Room was big and the breakfasts were excellent. Nothing was too much bother when asked for. The staff were very friendly as were the owners. Will definitely stay there again when we go back to Blackpool. We were woken one morning at 2.40 by the fire alarm to be told that it was a false alarm and that someone must be smoking in the room. Location was excellent and right beside the big carpark.

Room Tip: We were in room 23 was a good sized room with 3 beds in although next to lift never really heard any...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank irene_rtch
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at this bed and breakfast over the May bank holiday weekend. We had a lovely holiday and an okay stay - service was friendly, room was small but nice. Everything was great!

Until the morning of our final day. We were woken at about 5.30 by a fire alarm. Looked outside the door to investigate, seems nothing was going on and it eventually went off. The same thing happened half hour later but we stayed in bed. Then again 10 minutes later. I went downstairs to enquire and was told that someone was smoking upstairs (not sure why they didn't tell them to stop). Went back to bed and the alarm went of 3 more times. Really not good. Didn't do anything about it or seem to mind that elderly people were suddenly waking up at stupid o-clock to the sound of a loud fire alarm. They did absolutely nothing. Just seemed to wait for it to stop. Incredible.

Anyway, other than that, nice stay, good breakfast (toast, fruit, cereal, fried).

FANTASTIC location. 2 minute walk to everything. Apart from pleasure beach, which is walkable in about 30 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nick I
Eleonoor, Owner at Novello B&B, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
We realised that the fire-alarm was very disturbing to all. To say that we did nothing about it is a mistake, of course. We were definitely busy to make the Smoker stop and evicted them from the premises for relighting their cigarettes. that night. The detectors kept noticing the smoke and did exactly what they are supposed to do: kick off the alarm.
We do suppose you rather wake up alive in the morning after a bad night, than not wake up at all.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

...after all, this is Blackpool. Value for money and a hearty breakfast are the major requirements. Room was clean and reasonably modern. Hosts were friendly and informative. A very pleasant stay. Would stay again as the location was handy for shops, sea front and piers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rich M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Clocked in Monday Feb 24th to be given room 5. Noticed grubby top sheet so pulled sheet back only to find filthy bottom sheet.Blood stained and grubby.
Was distraught really upset travelling to Blackpool on business.
Went downstairs and rang bell 3 x but no reply.
Walked out and went up Market having to carry all my heavy luggage .

2 days later received e mail in Junk Mailing saying I had been given wrong room and this was one of elderly Gentleman whod had accident.
Asked many friends about this. Opinion was human error can happen BUT e mail was from Novello was most unpleasant with hoteliers most concerned about their reputation rather than how this incident dearly upset me.
I felt physically sick leaving the hotel

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
9 Thank Jeremy C
Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

must be different owners since previous reviews!! not very welcoming at all,was really dissappointed by hotelier, he wasnt very friendly at all.. didnt even welcome us....we were told quite abrubtly we should have been out of room at 11am, ( at 11.20 ) which we were not informed of...this aimed at my 24 year old daughter whose gran passed away before we arrived ( he knew this!!)rooms ok, breakfast good, but certainly wont be back!!! dont usually leave reviews but felt i had too on this occasion.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family