“Lovely hotel & Gracious Hosts”
Review of Novello B&B

Novello B&B
Ranked #181 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Brampton, Canada
“Lovely hotel & Gracious Hosts”
Reviewed 20 October 2010

Likes:

- Fransje being accommodating and staying up past 2am to let me in as I was running late due to train delays.
- Beautiful, clean room with a comfy bed.
- Nice LCD TV with plenty of channels
- Lovely English breakfast for only £5
- Close to rail station, Blackpool tower, and Blackpool FC

Dislikes:

- Only dislike was that the Wifi didn't reach my room so I had to go to the lounge to use it. Not a big deal though, the lounge was very nice.

Whenever I'm able to get back to Blackpool, I'll definitely be paying the Novello another visit.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Northamptonshire
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This was my fourth stay at the Novello - this time for six nights for the 125th anniversary of the Blackpool Tramway.

On arrival I received a friendly welcome from Fransje and Robert with coffee and biscuits soon provided.

My room was excellent, very clean, nice comfortable bed, plenty of storage space, good en-suite facilities with shower. Nice flat screen digital TV with Freeview. Excellent breakfasts with a good choice, well cooked and tasty that set me up for the day. Hotel is well located in central Blackpool near to the Tower and just a few minutes’ walk to the seafront. It was extremely quiet during the night allowing a good night’s sleep.

Once again I had a very enjoyable stay at the Novello with no problems. I wanted a good en-suite room, good breakfasts and a good central location and the Novello gave me all of this. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
scotland
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Parking might be different if you come midweek, but horrendous at w/end. Hotel make a big deal about eco friendly for this and that, however sorry to say needing to put a dose of bleach down w.c. to get rid of nasty brown rim, yuk. Bedside lamps hadn,t been dusted for a few days, room was comfortable enough and slept well. Could have gone to one of the larger chain hotels, but most of these have buffet b,fasts which I hate, That,s why we picked a smaller hotel where your b,fast is usually freshly cooked and served to you, so you can imagine my dissappointment when we found it was a buffet, also to be told to only take one of each item, this was,nt a problem for us both, as we both have small appetites, but this to me smacked of meaness, also you could tile the roof with the fried eggs, too bad if you are like most people and like a soft yoke, so the breakfast was a big let down.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
NovelloHotel, Owner at Novello B&B, responded to this review, 6 October 2010
What a shame you did not voice your disappointment to us! We could have put several items right for you. You can be personally served for breakfast, you can ask for a freshly cooked, runny egg. And of course a member of staff could have looked into the cleanliness of your bathroom. We pride ourselves in delivering good service, but we need to know what is failing to give the chance to show!
Anonymous criticism does not allow me to apologise personally either. So, from the anonimity of a computer: I am really sorry about your disappointment, I would have loved to make your stay as successful as you Hoped., Fransje Hopkins
kilsyth glasgow
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Stayed at the Novello with my partner and my mum who is 84yr. Suited our needs at the time but if travelling without mum wud have chosen somewher with late bar. Cannot fault hotel in any way apart from that. Warm welcome, clean comfortable rooms and nice food. Also provided use of wheelchair for Mum which was greatly appreciated. Wud stay ther again with Mum

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank romags68
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Stayed at the Novello on sat 18th Sept with 6 friends.Found this hotel to be everything we needed.Firstly we were greeted by the owners,what kind,welcoming people they were.Nothing was too much trouble anything you wanted to know or need,you just had to ask.Hotel rooms were clean,tidy & definately had the best bathrooms we have seen in Blackpool ( & we have seen a few).A Hotel with heating too,nice & quiet & very central.definately worth a visit,we hope to stay again next year.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Aberdeen
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Once again my wife and I have had the pleasure of stopping over at the Novello Hotel in Blackpool. Our arrival was greeted with warmth and with the minimum of paperwork we where shown to our room. 12A is a favorite of ours due to its location at the rear of the hotel plus the finishing is to a high standard. The Novello offers an excellent breakfast which sets one up for the day in Blackpool. It is located within 100 metres of the main car park which is ideal for transiting to and from the hotel but equally is within walking distance of the Tower/Winter Gardens and local shopping area. Hightly recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2010

made very welcome from the start, our room was on top floor, no problem with the hotel having its own lift.bed very comfortable,breakfast was plentiful helping yourself to 9 different items also a choice of cereal,toast,tea and coffee. very nice . situated 5 minutes from tower. the couple who own it are very friendly will stay they again

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple