“Exactly what i expected for the price”
Review of Hotel Segantii

Hotel Segantii
Ranked #491 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Perth
“Exactly what i expected for the price”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Booked this as part of a NYE party package was only £45 for the night including club tickets so was not reall expecting too much (i booked a similar package to this 2 years ago and the hotel we were allocated was not great!) compared to the previous hotel we had through this package the Segantti was a step up.
Pros:
1:Friendly staff very helpful on checking in gave us info about breakfast, petrol stations and taxis
2: Late check out at 1pm was a life saver and only cost £10 for the room which is pretty resonable
3: Breakfast was at 10pm....no horrible early start! And very tasty loads to eat, made us what we wanted and had laods of toast.
4: Each got our own key (lots of hotels only give you 1 for the room)

Unlike some reviews i didn't find the hotel dirty. The rooms were basic but comfortable we had booked through an agent asking for a twin room but got a double, didn't even asked to get moved as the bed was big enough and comfy enough for us to share (and this was most likely down to the agent not the hotel!)

There were only a couple of down sides:
1: Someone let us in (probably shouldn't have!) and we could not get anyone by ringing the bell at reception so had to wait a while. Same when we were going out at night we wanted to get a local taxi number but couldn't raise anyone by ringing the bell. When we returned home the door was locked from the inside, again we rang the bell for a long time and in the end had to call the hotel to get someone to let us in. In fairness to the hotel it was a guest who had locked the door despite it being clearly explained not too! And it was NYE but mayeb a louder bell would be helpful?
2: The shower was either scalding or freezing, my friend took first shower and did not enjoy it! I realised there was 2 settings once we worked out if you left it at the lower setting that seemed to fix the problem but i wish someone had told us this checking in!

Overall slightly better than what i was expecting for the money, the late check out, good breakfast and friendly staff more than made up for the few wee glitches.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Miss_s_Perth

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Alcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Very good hotel, rooms were very spacious and clean, breakfast was excellent and mandy and terry were very good host's to us all and made us feel very welcome. would book again with them a very good stay.

Room Tip: the double room was very good. room 102.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kyrrie m
Cardiff
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We had a nightmare journey up to Blackpool after being stuck in traffic and turned up slightly later than I had previously told Terry so hoped this would be OK. No need to have worried, the door was opened with smiles, our lateness not a problem and when we mentioned we had a meal booked for less than an hour check in was made extremely quick and easy with Terry sorting out taxis for us while we rushed to get ready.

Breakfast in the morning was exactly what some very tired and hungover girls needed. All cooked quickly and fab quality, nobody minded getting up a bit earlier than they would have to sample it. It may only run from 8.45 to half past 9 but I would prefer a freshly cooked full English brought to the table than have to queue up for a buffet breakfast that may be cold or not fresh as it had been sat out for a couple of hours.

I found my bed perfectly comfortable and the rooms were fine for the small amount of time we spent in them. Its definitely a place to go if your in a group rather than if you after a relaxing break as there are people coming back at all hours and you may hear them but as we were some of them we didn't mind in the slightest and it lead to a nice bit of banter when we we would bump into the other groups in the bar and at breakfast. The hotel is in a great location with taxis generally only costing just over a pound each which is great when you don't want a long drive at the end of a night.

If I was going to Blackpool again I wouldn't hesitate to ring Terry up and book a room!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Loubielu
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Clean bedding, warm and cosy and a great welcome from Terry! Asked for extra pillows they arrived within 5 mins! Recommended an italian down the road, 9.95 for three courses n a drink, bargain! Taxis ordered straight away when we needed them! Breakfast looked good, I couldn't face it with a hangover which was a shame!! Booked through a group booking site for 27quid and got flyers for free entry to pubs n clubs an a free drink at the hotel bar! Taxi to the pubs only 6quid! Hotel caters for groups so don't stay if yu want a good undisturbed nights sleep! Would def stay here again if I return to Blackpool for a girls night out!!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Clairzzzt
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I had the pleasure of spending a weekend at the Hotel Segantii recently as part of my mate's stag do. To be honest, I was a bit apprehensive as I hadn't been to Blackpool since I was a kid and wasn't sure what to expect. My doubts were immediately erased. The hotel was in a great location, right next to the sea front and a stone's throw from the town centre. Terry, the owner and the other staff members were helpful, welcoming and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure we were looked after.

We arrived late on the Friday, approximately 11:00pm and Terry came out to the car park to welcome us in and show us to our rooms. Despite there being four of us in my particular room, it was still spacious and roomy, with plenty of storage and a sink right next to my bed. Terry had arranged for us to go out that evening and organised taxis, got hold of VIP Passes and generally made the entire occasion run like clockwork.

With the majority of us nursing sore heads the following morning, the breakfast provided was a lifesaver. A full english and plenty toast, with as much cereal, tea, coffee or juice as we could manage. We went go-karting that morning which was also a short walk away from the hotel and highly recommended.

That evening we were once again helped out in finding places to go and taxis to get there and having keys to access the front door meant we didn't have to worry about what time we managed to make it back.

Once again a fantastic breakfast the next day set us up for our long drive home on the Sunday and it was with heavy hearts that we said our goodbyes. The phrase 'Come as guests, leave as friends' sums this hotel up perfectly. We were made welcome from start to finish and nothing we needed seemed to be too much trouble. I would definitely recommend a stay here to anyone who visits Blackpool.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Thorney1985
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

When I first started organising a hen party for 16 girls in Blackpool I was worried as I don't live anywhere nearby so had to communicate everything through email, so I was relieved when I turned up at the hotel and it was better than I had expected. We got a fantastic rate for 1 night during the Illuminations which included a lovely breakfast. The hotel was clean and tidy and exactly what we needed, a safe, comfortable bed for the night.
I had emailed Terry before hand and found him to be extremely helpful and accommodating. He opened the hotel early for us to check in at 1:30 and booked us taxis into town to save time and money on the trams.
In the morning we were provided with cereal, coffee and a lovely cooked breakfast to set us up for the day. I would definitely recommend this hotel for stag and hen parties and having stayed in numerous hotels over the years, I found it excellent value.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Natasha T
Reviewed 11 October 2012

went to blackpool for a birthday and stayed in the segantii hotel and from getting there to leaving nothing was wrong and the staff could not do enough to make us feel welcome, perfect and spotless rooms as wi had about 6 rooms so reading other bad reviews when i have stayed at this hotel i just wood call them liers. we will be back again and thankyou terry for letting us stay at your hotel.

• Stayed October 2012