“Hotel segentii” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #421 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Hotel segentii”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I don't usually write reviews regarding where I stay as I am a firm believer in seeing for yourself but I feel I have to write this review in response to a previous review which was truly unfair. We visited the Segantii on Sat 26th Apr as a group of friends we found the hotel to be very clean and excactly as it said in the Booking .com website the owners of the hotel Mandy and Terry were both helpful and very welcoming. Breakfast was very good so overall no complaints. I would recommend this hotel and will be staying there on any other future trips to Blackpool.

2 Thank sandra t

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed there this weekend on a 30th was a lovely, hotel staff couldnt do enough for us :) My room was cosy clean and just right for the occassion and i didnt even need the remote to work the tele just got up and pressed the button and it came on surprisingly. Had a goodnight sleep with my clean fresh sheets on, then had lovely hot shower in the morning to wake me up followed my a delicious breakfast. Would go again well worth its money i would say for what we all needed.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tina A
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I cant believe the bad reviews about Hotel Segantii.. I am just back from a Hen weekend with a group travelling from Ireland! The rooms were clean with heating and the showers were great! The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was amazing just what we needed :) On the first night i was feeling ill and came home early! Terry was so nice to me he made me tea and offered me everything he could get his hands on.. He also gave me a remote for our TV so i could watch it without having to get up and change channels! I can see the reasons why there are no remotes in the room as there are a lot of Hens and Stags there and we all know how messy things can get!! We were also given great advice on where to go and he organised all our taxis for us! I would recommend this hotel to anyone going over for a weekend of fun! :)

2 Thank Bernadette F
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just back from a hen weekend in Blackpool from Ireland. 21 of us stayed here and loved it. Great location - taxi's into town only £5. Terry and staff could not have been more helpful. They booked taxis whenever needed and recommended places to eat and drink. Breakfast was fab - just what was needed after our nights out. Would definitely recommend here for hens and stags :)

2 Thank Lisa G
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel was the worst experience of our lives! Everything from the very small room!... dirty bedsheets!... ceiling falling in!... no remote for the tele!... shower!... shower curtain!...dirty carpet!... couldn,t reach window!... small sink in room with no hot water!... then shouting, swearing, child shouting at ten past four In the morning! We booked for 2 nights at fifty pound per night.....We packed and left after that first night without having breakfast! We went to JURYS in Liverpool for sixty five pounds per night HEAVEN.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank bethanddreja
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

It was a great place to stay. The hotel was very well presented. The owners were very nice people and the breakfast was very yummy. The rooms were nicely presented and the beds were very comfy. I will be going again in the future and I recommend it to everyone who wants a great night out in Blackpool and then a comfy bed to sleep in after.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I booked a group trip to Blackpool through Awesome Weekends & although we didn't find out the hotel we were in until a week or so before, it turned out to be perfect for our needs!
We'd opted for a cheap & cheerful overnight stay so you're never sure what you're going to get but the Segantii was great!
It's not in the centre of town & it's the other end to the pleasure beach but there was a tram stop (The Cliffs) right at the end of the road & for £2 you could be at the pleasure beach in 5-10 mins depending on how busy it is!
The location suited us as town seemed very busy & we all had cars so we were concerned about safety! There's on street parking which is free although it is first come first served. Plenty of roads nearby though!
You need to pay £20 deposit per person up front but you do get this back as long as the room is left in a decent state!
I think one party leaving the hotel on the same day as us had trouble getting this back as one of their group had vomited all over apparently but that's understandable to expect to pay for damage!
Terry the owner was really helpful & offered to book restaurants & taxis etc. for us.
The breakfast the next day was just the perfect hangover cure!
Rooms are very basic... I was in a room for 5 girls & there's not a lot of breathing space but everything was clean & the beds were comfy enough!
There is a bar in the hotel although we couldn't get a seat as another party were in already but we just sat out front as it was a lush weekend!
Not sure I can cope with Blackpool on a night out again. As a Geordie I'm used to crazy nights out but Blackpool was just a blur of drunkenness & people being sick in back lanes! Apart from that it was fun!!!
You just have to respect the owners wishes & you'll be treated with respect in return!

• Stayed September 2013