“Perfect for us and the owners were brilliant!”
Review of Hotel Segantii

Hotel Segantii
Ranked #491 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
London
“Perfect for us and the owners were brilliant!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed at the Segantii for a stag weekend and it was perfect for our group. Terry and Mandy were brilliant! Would recommend it fully. Food was great, location top and the owners arranged all our taxis and even sorted a last minute restaurant booking for us. Thanks again

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank PSmurffffff

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend earlier this month. Good location, quiet and away from noise of bars and clubs. Our double bed was a tight squeeze in the room - would be an issue for people with mobility issues as we had to shuffle around the side of the bed to access the bathroom.

Disappointed that the bedding and towels weren't changed during our stay.

Breakfast was adequate; one sausage, half a tomato, beans, egg, bit of bacon and a hash brown. Toast, coffee/tea plus coco pop type cereal available. Served between 08.45 - 09.30.

Main gripe was trying to check out. We were told rooms had to be out by 10.00am. We ate breakfast and arrived at reception 9.20; noone around - rang reception bell and door bell several times - no response. Basically we had to hand around 'til 10.00 before the owner showed his face - no apology to the now 15 odd people waiting to check out. He only returns the £20.00 bond after his 'room inspection' - seemed this hanging around was all for his convenience rather than for guests who wished to be on their way. If we were told you could only check out at 10.00am then we would have spent a bit of extra time in bed!

Won't stay there again.

Room Tip: High up as possible - we were on the first floor and could hear everyone walking past the room on th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kzx99
terry n, Owner at Hotel Segantii, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
sometimes i just wonder what people expect, please allow me to answer some of your concerns.
Monday through to Friday the hotel operates a family friendly environment where we will not cater for groups or single sex parties, for 10 years we have offered a 'door to door' taxi service for pensioners, people with disabilities and mobility issues never have we had problems with guests having to 'shuffle around the bed to access the bathroom' so one wonders why you had to.

At weekends we use booking agencies so the atmosphere can be quite lively and usually very busy for us and so we do not operate a turn down service for rooms although fresh towels are always readily available when asked for, this is explained at time of check in.

'adequate breakfast' we use locally sourced produce, sausage, bacon, free range eggs (all from Red Tractor approved butchers), heinz beanz, fresh tomato and quality hash browns, unlimited toast, tea and coffee and cereals. I challenge you to to go to any cafe, super store, McDonald's and get the same and see what it cost's you!!

your main gripe 'check out' may i say all your fact's are correct breakfast is served 08.45 through to 09.30 check out is at 10, i cook the breakfast my partner Mandy waits on and we have someone help with the washing up = 3 people to account for 48 breakfasts (sorry that should be 48 adequate breakfasts, silly me). therefor you waiting at the desk at 09.20 ready to check out and the fact the front desk looks into the dining room, common sense may have told you we where still extremely busy serving all the other guests! but again silly me if only i had realized or maybe if you had said something i could have just stopped cooking all the other adequate breakfasts for all the other guests and then i would have been free to check you out, i'm sure everyone in the dining room would have totally understood how important you are.

This is the important fact as i said we use booking agencies at the weekends you booked through one of these. We get £17.50 per person per night paid to us from these agencies, so for the whole amount of £17.50 pp we put you up in a spotlessly clean en suite room with fresh linen a full size double bed, flat screen tv/dvd, tea/coffee making facility's, provide you with a more than adequate full english breakfast with unlimited toast and hot drinks , we have a bar, pool table for your convenience and still you wish to berate my hotel on here.

Can you imagine how utterly disappointed i am to know you will not be staying with us again, maybe next time might i suggest you try the Hilton at £120 per night for that i'm sure you wont have to shuffle around the bed, it will be made up for you in the morning but alas i understand breakfast is extra oh well life's a b*tch sometimes.
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

just stayed at hotel segantii again, love this hotel!! food brilliant but no good for people on a diet!!! portions are HUGE. Terry and Mandy are great, just couldn't do enough for us. Looking forward to next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

7 of us stayed this weekend (may 30th 2014) for my partners 50th and it was a fantastic weekend, only a short tram ride from the tower! Arrived earlier than expected but rooms were already ready, very nice welcome and rooms smelt lovely and were very clean. Breakfast was excellant, perfectly cooked, just the right amount and arrived quickly after sitting down. They couldnt do enough for us. After returning early on saturday the bar was opened and available all night. Will be returning later on in the year and WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elaine w
cheshire england
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was the first to arrive at the hotel ahead of the hen and the party. I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel. The owners were hard at work sorting the patio at the front of the hotel. I was in a single room,( that’s what I wanted) small but it was ok, clean and bright. As I was early I went for a walk around Blackpool, got the tram from just at the end of the road, 1 minuet walk! I walked back to the hotel, took about 20 minuets. One of the rooms had 4 single beds, and the other a twin, all rooms were clean, but basic. And that’s all you need. The owners were very help full. There were 2 maybe 3 other Hen Parties there. Breakfast was good, and after a night out its just what the doctor ordered. my only grip is there are no curtains up only blind, so i didnt sleep. In a nut shell, it’s a nice hotel, nice people, clean, tidy, bright. And I will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I don't usually write reviews regarding where I stay as I am a firm believer in seeing for yourself but I feel I have to write this review in response to a previous review which was truly unfair. We visited the Segantii on Sat 26th Apr as a group of friends we found the hotel to be very clean and excactly as it said in the Booking .com website the owners of the hotel Mandy and Terry were both helpful and very welcoming. Breakfast was very good so overall no complaints. I would recommend this hotel and will be staying there on any other future trips to Blackpool.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sandra t
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed there this weekend on a 30th was a lovely, hotel staff couldnt do enough for us :) My room was cosy clean and just right for the occassion and i didnt even need the remote to work the tele just got up and pressed the button and it came on surprisingly. Had a goodnight sleep with my clean fresh sheets on, then had lovely hot shower in the morning to wake me up followed my a delicious breakfast. Would go again well worth its money i would say for what we all needed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends