“short break”
Review of Viking Hotel

Viking Hotel
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 22 June 2012

stayed in the viking for 5nights we have now stayed at all of the choice group hotels and this one rates as one of the best for entertainment and service. prices for becks a pint and half 5.40 not bad for hotel bar.food plentiful and a lot of choice staff friendly and helpful we will stay there again buddy lee and terry cotta what a double act sidesplitting night! the only drawback is a few steps to negotiate within the hotel there is a lift but it does not service all rooms

1  Thank biffoLeeds
There are newer reviews for Viking Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have just returned from a short break in this hotel and feel the need to let people know about my experience ? My wife and i booked a 4 day stay at the Viking hotel and were looking forward to some fantastic entertainment in the entertainment venue at the hotel. May i add at this point that we were full board and enjoyed the meals and the entertainment on offer ? It was when we went to the bar for our drinks that we were shocked ? We were charged £7.70 for a bottle of Cidre and a pint of flat lager ( Becks vier ) Which is not a premium lager ? I may also say that the lager tasted flat and had no bite to it ? When i complained , the barman shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing he could do about it ? Not happy at all with the way we were treated when we felt we had a genuine complaint ? I then ordered the same drinks again as there were no other draught beers that i liked. I asked for a lager and lime this time and a Cidre . ( with the hope that the lime would put some flavour and bite into the beer ) ? I was shocked to be asked for £8.15 as they charge 45p for the lime ? I then asked to speak to the bar manager ? He was not helpful at all, he just said that there was nothing he could do about it and he would speak to the hotel manager in the morning. He said that he felt the same as i did as i am not getting the stated amount of beer and being charged for a full pint ? He also said that he felt that i should not be charged for lime ? If i had asked for a lager topped with lemonade ? I would not be charged for the lemonade ? When i asked for my money to be refunded ? He refused to refund my money and asked me to speak to the management in the morning !!!! ( waffled and passed from pillar to post ). In the morning i asked to speak to the hotel manager and was told he was to busy to see me and the receptionist could deal with any complaint that i have ? I was asked to write to head office with my complaint as there was nothing they could do about it and it is at the company's discretion to charge what they like at their bars ? NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL..... STAY CLEAR IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT FOLKS !!!! We checked out a day early because we were so disgusted with the serviced we received and the way they handle complaints !

14  Thank edthewurd
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Just returned home. Stayed 3 nights at the Viking. Had a great time. Good location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food very nice, dining room very organised and excellent fast service. Buddy Lee and Terry Cotta were so funny, still laughing now ! Will definitely return.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellie2816
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Stayed here mon-thur with my mum and nan.... Had a great time, great location, gorgeous food and FANTASTIC staff!.... The most friendly hotel i have stayed in!...... Would highly reccomend and will return!...... Buddy lee was fantastic, as was comedian terry cotta!!..... 10/10 thank you and will be back :) xx

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed at The Viking for 4 nights over the Jubilee Weekend and was sad to see this hotel didn't make any effort to celebrate the occasion at all. This is my opinion
1. Curtains hanging off curtain rail and could not close them at night
3. Food in restaurant was very good for the price we paid
4. Ideal having the same tables in showroom during stay
5. Reccomend Room 217 and Table 50 in Showroom
6. Staff in the bars were great
We have stayed here now 4 times and it seems we have seen the acts that were on at least twice so unless you like to keep seeing the same thing every time you go away then this could be for you but if you havn't been before then I would recommend just for the entertainment. There was a large group of golfers there who had obviously been before as the restaurant staff were very friendly with them however while they were pampering to their every need they were neglecting the other guests so much so that on a number of occasions people had to call someone to serve them.
The hotel is looking tired in places (paper falling off, curtains falling down) and could do with a bit of TLC, our curtains would not pull on and even though maintenance came on a number of occasions they were no better when we left. Be aware that there are lots and lots of steps at this hotel so for anyone with difficulty it could be a problem
Please don't let the small niggles I have written put you off as we have had some great times at this hotel but I think for us it is time to try something new.

Room Tip: Sea View Room 217 Second Floor nice and quiet with big Bay Window also Table 50 in Showroom
2  Thank chickalaca
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The Food, was very good as always.
Hotel well run, with friendly and helpfull staff.
Talk of the town always great. Nice to have reserved seats all week at the front of stage.
The only bad thing is staires. Clime to dinning room,If you are on the forth floor you have another flight of staires. Not very good if you have any leg or chest problems.
At check out I asked if I could book fo next year. but told thay did not have prices.
On going to my car three people told my thay had booked for next year NOT VERY HAPPY about that.

Room Tip: try to book on the 2nd or thired floor.
2  Thank margaret c
Reviewed 6 June 2012

can,t fault this hotel. starting with the welcome we got as we arrived from the hotel reception staff. then the bedroom we got with a lovely sea view, food was excellent and service was perfect. entertainment was great in the talk of the coast with the brilliant buddy lee, carl schofield and carol kaye plus the sensation dancers. all in all a great holiday. have been numerous times before and will definitely go back again. never stopped laughing at the show with the fabulous buddy lee.

Room Tip: recommend a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple