The Viking Hotel
  • Restaurant
Maples Hotel(Blackpool)
US$119
  • Breakfast included
Clifton Court Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$177
US$142
Travelocity
1,204 results
All reviewsbuddy leesensation dancerschoice hotelsterry cottaevening mealinclusive breakcabaret roomexcellent entertainmentsea viewself servicereception staffhalf boardnightly entertainmentgreat weekendnext yearbuffet breakfastweekend break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Viking Hotel, Blackpool, England - Our weekend...

Me and my partner stayed at the Viking Hotel from 12th April 2013 to 14th April 2013 (2 nights) as we have stayed here twice before we thought it would be a great place to stay again for my birthday. I get promotional emails sent to me from Choice which offer great deals, I got an email for 2 nights dinner bed and breakfast for £82pp, well i thought that was worth it just for the food, room and location but it also has an amazing cabaret bar "Talk of the Coast" that also makes this price very good and not one to let down, (usually around £109).

After a few complications with my booking the manager contacted me, Mario, he solved my problems with my booking in a flash and very kindly upgraded me to a sea view room which i thought was a great gesture, Mario is a great manager and is proud of the hotel and everything inside it and wants the best for all his visitors.

Arriving at just after 4pm on the Friday, we where greeted by the reception staff, who checked us in and asked if they could help in any way just ask them and they will be happy to help, we where given a key and a pass and shown which way to get to our room. Upon entering our room, i think we had one of the best in the hotel, sea view room 341, massive, with double bed and 2 singles, so you can imagine how big it was, with extra room that walked into the bathroom, there was tea and coffee making facilities, large mirror, vanity desk and chair, all bedding and beds made up, extra pillows just in case, the decor was very modern, (I have attached a few photos) a large flat screen tv, and exceptionally clean.

After a little rest, we left our stuff in the room and went back downstairs to reserve our seats for the evening entertainment. We had already been given great seats, but as we didn't want to be right at the front (and be picked on by the comedians) we moved a few seats back and still had a great view. One of the reception staff made it easier for us by letting us in and showing us where we could sit.

Surprisingly it was quite nice weather when we got there so we went for a walk down the new promenade and its a nice walk now they have done it all up. Blackpool town centre is about a 30min strole, or you can jump on one the new trams or a bus and takes a matter of minutes, but we chose to take in the sea air and walk it.

We got back to the hotel, nice and warm inside, got to our rooms to have a shower and change, the showers are pretty complicated to use and can be temperamental at first but once you get the hang of how to use them there fine. Towels, soap etc all provided.

We then went down for dinner, (or tea if your northern like me) we was greeted by the lovely Zoe the restaurant supervisor who took us to our sea view seats right next to the window, very impressed. The dining room is well layed out with numerous sized tables for different sized parties. The food is the best ive eaten at a hotel, even up there with great restaurants ive eaten in! None of your greasy rubbish, its all fine food a choice for everyone too, even your fussy eaters like me.

The night time entertainment is great, probably the best entertainment ive ever seen, whatever they are paying Buddy Lee, it inst enough because we was in stitches within the first ten minutes, bearing in mind if you are sat at the front you will be picked on (in good reason), for all your stay and he does remember you, he is great you can tell he loves his job and the acts that are on are a range of comedians and show artists (singers), the show girls are great too. The only down side i thought was the price of the drink, it is a bit heavy on the wallet, but I suppose you never want to get up off your seat because you don't want to miss anything, but yes still a bit expensive. The entertainment finished both nights around 12.30am - 1:00am.

Off to bed and the beds are very comfy, well it was in the room we stayed in anyway, and duvets and pillows are nice too, no thin crap, thick and warm.

In the morning breakfast is served at a reasonable time, either get up early or have a lie in and still catch the service, which is great because i don't like to rush in a morning, the breakfast is now buffet style, get what you want as much as you want, and there is LOTS of it. From everything on a full english to toast, orange juice, cereals, yogurt, jams, a wide choice, tea and coffee served to your table, the waiting on staff are brilliant.

When it was time to check out we filled in a form which ive been made aware that you now get vouchers when you stay so many times. Which i think is a great idea!

We enjoyed our stay, it was the same for both days, apart from different food and entertainment on each day/night which gives a great range, we really enjoyed our stay and we will definitely be back again, without a doubt!!

Viking, thank you!!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are worth that little bit extra!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Just returned from 5-day trip to Viking Hotel for only £109 per person for excellent buffet breakfast, 3-course meal at night with help yourself sweets to die for and coffee and tea, all that plus entertainment as well. I do not know how they can do it for that amount (admittedly on offer). First class customer service, very friendly staff, all in all a very enjoyable experience and will be back again.

Room Tip: I prefer the ground floor rooms.
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

First time staying here at Viking and I was very pleased overall. Check in process was quick and easy and you get paper receipt ( also a paper card that must be kept with you at all times). Entered the room (405) and was pleasantly surprised with the room. (1 single bed and 1double). The room was warm and quite. A few things I did spot were, plastic spoons used for your coffee and tea. The coffee (poldor mill) tea was (James aimer). On the kettle there was a electrical safety sticker that was blank so wouldnt know when it next needs a safety check. There is a USB port at the back of TV. Bed was nice and comfy with extra pillows in the wardrobe. Also the hotel review sheet left in room to fill in does not come with a pen. Bathroom (ensuite) is big enough and provides a lovely hot shower,nice and clean also. However you don't have bathmat but can ask for one at reception. The entertainment was good. Bingo, comedy ect. Staff,food and atmosphere was very good indeed. I would imagine anyone over 45 would really enjoy this place. Price is good to. I paid £50 for double room halfboard with entertainment.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Hi I have just returned from a weekend stay at the Viking Hotel.I was with a group of friends celebrating my sisters birthday.Its the best weekend I have had in a long time.The food and entertainment was first class.The staff are very friendly.and the bed rooms first class.It will not belong before plan another stay

Room Tip: Opt for a sea view
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Booked two night birthday treat with a friend. We were greeted by very friendly staff who made us feel welcome, our room was a seaview room which we found clean and comfy. The diningroom is spacious and very well run with excellent hard working staff, the buffet breakfast is superb and sets you up for the day, the evening meal offers a good choice. We had read about the entertainment and were not dissapointed, Lennie Anderson superb comedien, Matt Andrews, Brad Leigh Scott and Shelley Timmins super singers who work hard to please all ages. We will definetly return.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are worth the extra.