“Superb, excellent vfm and Jacqueline and Daz made us feel especially welcome”
Review of Viking Hotel

Viking Hotel
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 11 January 2010

Stayed for the all inclusive weekend 8-10 January. Had so much fun we didn't want to come back. Food was especially good. We eat out a lot normally but the quality and quantity was excellent. Jacqueline (Jackie) in the restaurant was so helpful and attentive and nothing was too much trouble for her. Daz should be given a chance in the cabaret as a comedian (as long as he can still serve behind the bar)! The room was clean and neat. Only very small criticism is that the bathroom was cold. Even the room cleaning team were friendly. The cabaret was as good as you will see at any London show! Comedians were also of the highest order, hilarious, and totally inoffensive. My other half was in stitches when Buddy Lee kissed me, not the highlight of my weekend but it was hers! Dancers were top class. Thanks to every individual at the hotel for a brilliant time. We will definitely be back again. Gray & Jo Calderbank

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed 17 December 2009

On my arrival at the Hotel on Sunday afternoon the 13th December 2009 my overnight bag was placed on top of some bags belonging to the group of people I had arrived with. When I came to collect my bag to go to my room my bag had gone! At the same time as checking in there were many parties checking out and I am writing this review and notice to see if anyone from a party leaving the Hotel on the afternoon of Sunday 13th December 2009 happened to pick up a bag which was not theirs. If you have or you know of someone who did so would you please contact the Hotel direct and let them know.

Apart from the missing bag I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the Hotel as did all my friends. We have been on many occasions and will continue to do so in the future.

Mrs Jean Liptrot of Wigan.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Unable to give a true reflection on this hotel as an hour before we were due to travel I received a phone call to inform me that the hotel was closed to new arrivals. This was due to the health and safety closing them down!! They could offer no alternative accommodation and no compensation. I appreciate they could not have avoided this but for such short notice and no offer of alternative accommodation or compensation I would definitely not be booking with the choice group in future. I managed to book into the Hilton after 3 hours of phoning/Internet. I am glad I did as this proved to be an excellent hotel. For the reasons stated above I do not think I would recommend the choice group to family or friends .

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darroch66
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Mid week visit, two nights with sea-view, price excellent, entertainment first class, cabaret room really well presented.On arrival dealt with very quickly, and had booked by internet. Had lunch in pub area good food and good value and a well appointed bar area.Room ok but bathroom needed a refit, tiles cracked on floor and area tired looking. Shower area could have done with a deep clean along with floor, only there two nights so did not complain.Due to time of year rooms could have been warmer,food not to bad due to amount of people catering for and we found the staff very obliging probably did not have Jackie.Would definitely visit again but would like rooms sprucing up.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhillipKBurnley
Reviewed 26 November 2009

The Viking "Hotel" Blackpool......where to start............Stayed in The Clifton Court Hotel the last time we were in Blackpool for a family party, we had a great time.
Booked into Viking this time with a party of 25. First night's visit to dinning room was disappointing as we could not sit together or even close to each other. I was at a table with five others, to be honest the food was extremely poor and was only picked through.That would have been bad enough if it had not been served (I use the word served as I done think I could use the word that actually applies!!!) by the waitress from hell.......she goes by the name of Jackie and is unprofessional,rude and glares at you in a menacing way. Has the hotel manager ever heard of charm school??In the morning apart from the fire alarms going off a number of times and no one looking as they were in charge (no announcements to guest as to what they should do as the staff ran about like headless chickens) my partner and I attempted to sit down at a table with our friends only to be pounced on by Jackie and marched off to her table, seemly we had broken some rule about sitting in your allotted seat. She also demanded to know the whereabouts of the other four people who had shared are table the evening before, looking around to check she didn't have an Anglepoise lamp I informed her I didn't know. She returned and threw a plate of toast down followed by a jug of coffee but no milk, still glaring at me. I took a deep breath and challenged her by,saying she had a serious attitude problem and was a very rude person, she didn't even flinch and returned with a "cooked breakfast" tasted awful. Dinner that night was even worse, how a cook or chef could plate up burnt and blacken lamb is beyond me. Sunday morning I made sure I was not sitting at Jackie's table and was served by a very pleasant lady who when I told I was scared of Jackie replied "We all are too". All in all it was an eye opener in this day and age that there still exists such poor examples of service and culinary disasters.
On a plus the barman we had on Saturday night was a credit to the place, well done Darren aka Daz. you made the stay fun.. can you open your own B&B?? please!

• Stayed: November 2009
2  Thank AllaninNI
Reviewed 24 November 2009

We have been to The Viking for several years, usually in November. The entertainment at this adults only hotel is first class. The staff are friendly and the service is very good. The rooms could do with a makeover, but are clean.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2009

every thing we could ask for in a hotel-all staff friendly and helpful-food excellent-night club entertainment outstanding i.e.terry cotta and other entertainers excellent - not forgetting the outstanding buddy lee

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple