“new owners,friendly,home from home 1st class”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Melville Hotel

Melville Hotel
Ranked #62 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
scotland
“new owners,friendly,home from home 1st class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

had a very warm welcome,lovely room,spotless,lovely white linen bedding,all staff very friendly,and helpful,nice breakfast,already booked for next year.,ps,next door to winter gardens,if your work is holding a conference or your going to see a show,

2 Thank officialScotland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
donnylad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

I am writing this from the melville hotel. i must say after reading some of the reviews that i was somewhat sceptical about staying here, but there has been a change of ownership since and the whole stay has been nothing but a massive pleasure.it ts starts with the impeccably mannered receptionists, to the cleanliness of the rooms to the FANTASTIC food. All which have been more thatn i had dared to hope for. i paid £35 per night for bread and breakfast, which i consider a bargain and i also ate here EVERY night also (a 3 course meal for under £7), gotta be a bargain, lots of home cooked food and if they haven`t got what you need, will endevour to get it for you. Toni(female) and Colin are the most attentive hosts and just cannot do enough for you, wonderful people who make you feel like life long friends rather than clients. The ONLY thing that could be improved is the wifi connection, which hasnt got a good reception at the back of the hotel...which could be sorted...All in all a VERY pleasurable stay and when we attend our conference here next year, we will no doubt be staying here, AND I CANT WAIT.

2 Thank russutd
Motherwell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

The new owners are obviously working very hard to raise the standard of this hotel. After reading the earlier reviews I was a bit apprehensive about our trip. nothing could have been further from the truth as the hotel was spotlessly clean and very welcoming. The staff were excellent and very helpfull. I couldn't fault it at all.

2 Thank cmacf
Pontypridd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

Travelled with a mixed group of parents and teenage girls in a dance group and found hotel lovely again. This was my second trip here and its under new management now. Henry is still there and he is a legend running up and down stairs to get my daughter's ice pack for her painful knee. Nothing is too much trouble. Thank you Henry! Maggie too is fab at breakfast and has heart of gold. The hotel was spotless, my room was fine and so was the ensuite, and beds really comfy, towels etc changed every day by the cleaning staff who were also great. On the whole a great stay at a hotel with a lovely atmoshere

Cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

Upon reading what previous clients have experienced, it is safe to say that this once prestigious hotel in the heart of Blackpool has come up in leaps and bounds.
As a coach driver I tend to stay in hotels a lot, usually bland chain hotels on motorway service areas.

Once I had parked up, I was greeted with a smile by reception. The lobby area was clean and welcoming.
Suzy told me exactly where my room was and gave me all the relevant information I required (ie breakfast times, services, bar location (very important after 13 hours) and what internet connection there was.)

The room was small (I'd rather a small room than share with snoring colleague) but warm. Very clean with on suite bathroom. A tv with freeview and coffee making amenities were to hand.
I had a good nights sleep for a change, the bed was just right for my awkward back aches.

The morning after, I took the lift that goes straight to the restaurant. There a smartly dressed waiter pointed me to a table where I enjoyed a cooked breakfast.
He was polite and made me feel at home in no time.
The food was of good quality, albeit a little bit meagre. I felt that a bit more could have been put on the plate. The juices were fresh and available alongside a continental style buffet (Cereals, milk, juices ...etc.
Note that the coffee served was very nice too.

The bar was well stocked and reasonbly priced, I'm not fussed on loud music so I stayed in the hotel mainly.
The only real issue is that the wifi really should be free, as I work away for not a lot money, a wifi connection is a bonus.
One of the best points was that dropping off with my coach was a doddle, there is a dedicated stop oustide for deliveries, coaches etc... and within 5 minutes away from coach / car parks. These are reasonably priced also, as well as being quite safe, even at night.

2 Thank CoachmanBen
Motherwell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2010

Stayed here for two nights 3/4 April, the staff were very freindly and helpfull, the food was great, and the Hotel was spotlessly clean. There was a party of 35 of us down for a football tournament and nothing was to much trouble for the staff, from altering the menu to suit fussy teenage boys, to keeping rooms for us to shower in after we won the Blackpool plate, I would recommend The Melville Hotel to anyone

1 Thank geodev
motherwell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

Really enjoyed our stay at the melville hotel. On arrival we were met by the owners Colin and Suzy, what a lovely couple and what a transformation they have made going by earlier comments! All members of staff were very friendly and eager to help. The hotel was excelantly situated, right beside the shopping centre for my wife, the meals were lovely and entertainment at night was great! Our rooms were lovely and clean, with fresh towels daily, facilities in room for making our tea and each room was fitted with a brand new tv! As i said the new owners have worked their magic into hotel. We enjoyed our stay and even more so when our boys won their football tournament.