“Home From Home”

Number One St Luke's
Ranked #88 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Have just returned from a 2 night break at this fabulous bed and breakfast. From the moment you step into this luxurious property you feel totally at home.

We arrived on a damp afternoon and were greeted by Claire who had the sunniest smile. Once in our room (South Pier), Claire showed us all the controls in the room and added that that if there was anything we needed to just "shout". In short we did not need to, as all our needs were catered for.

The room was very well appointed,spacious, spotlessly clean and have every conceivable item to hand that you can think of.

Breakfast is freshly prepared at a time suitable for you and the choice is extensive. You will not go hungry!

The property is approximately 10 minutes walk to Blackpool front and 20/25 minutes to the Tower. Trams and buses are frequent.

There are also several superb restaurants within walking distance should you choose not to go into town.

All in all staying with Claire at Number One St Luke's was a wonderful experience. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Oh what a really fab and lovely review - you have been just too kind!! Where on earth did you find the time as I know you had so much to do when you got back home, relocating the shop, a buying trip to Milan and a full re-fit all at the same time!! Anyway, I hope, no, I'm sure all is going according to plan and thank you so much for finding the time to write about us. All the very, very best and I do hope to see you again at the next Dance Festival. Claire

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We can't fault anything about this B and B. Perfect room and lovely host (who kindly overlooked the fact that we used the placemats as plates duh). Delicious breakfast with great range of choice :) Highly recomended!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

You really have been too kind - thank you so much! I did giggle at your placemat comment - I never gave it a second thought! The event that I diid struggle to keep my face straight over was when a guest picked up the whole big bowl of muesli off the side, put it down in front of him, poured milk over and started to eat at which point his wife looked at him and shouted "nooo, what are you doing?!" The poor guy looked totally stunned and had no idea what he'd done until his wife told him that any idiot surely realised you're supposed to help yourself from the bowl not take the whole thing! I really thought she was going to make him eat it all for being so stupid!! Must admit it's great fun running a B&B. Anyway, I digress, thank you so much for a terrific review and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your half term break! Very best wishes Claire.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent Comfortable Relaxing first class place and the Fact They love Blackpool as much as I do is a Bonus!! Blackpool as got so so much to offer and the people are so so friendly !!The attention to detail is second to none in the rooms and en suites food excellent and top quality produce for breakfast.Claire is a genuine northern Lass with a heart of gold and Mark you where right to get angry with that Miserable Rodger on Three In A Bed him and his wife where real miserable gits !! Sorry I had to include that !!

• Stayed: May 2014
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Oh my goodness - thank you for such a fab review - you're a star! Blackpool gets a really bad press which really upsets and frustrates me as most of the time the people that do us down are the people that have never been and experienced all that Blackpool has to offer. We don't profess to be the "prettiest" seaside resort, all we say is just come and have fun, age and weather irrelevant and if you can't have fun in Blackpool then there's no hope for you! What is so good about yourselves is that you "get it" and that's what you do and did this trip! Thank you staying with us and thank you for your kind words. All the best Claire.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This place is just stunning.We stayed here last night and felt i had to write a review on here. We stayed in the north pier room which was spacious, modern and beautifully decorated. Claire was very helpful, even putting together a guide with things to do in Blackpool and where the nearest shops/restaurants where which was very useful.
Thank you for a lovely stay.
Laura and Jonathan.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review Laura and I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm especially pleased that you took a look at the folder of information as it took me ages to put it together and it's a real pain to keep it up to date so I'm really glad my efforts were worthwhile!!
All the best to you and Jonathan. Claire

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I have just returned home today after staying at this fantastic b&b with my partner over the weekend. Claire couldn't do enough for us! Our room was amazing, very comfortable and modern, exceptionally clean. We wanted for nothing! We have booked another weekend in April and can't wait to return. We have come home very refreshed. This will definitely become a regular of ours! Thanks Claire and Mark xx

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Wow - thank you so much for your kind words and I'm really pleased you went home refreshed especially after such a shattering day on the Pleasure Beach! Thanks for booking again and lets hope next time you don't have to rush off to rescue the family!!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights midweek in the very comfortable Central Pier room. Lots of mod cons, including a luxurious whirlpool bath not to mention the remote controlled lights and lots of other special touches. Claire is the perfect host and can definitely recommend the delicious breakfast. Great boutique hotel, would definitely stay agin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jo-Mike_uk
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and what a lovely review - thank you so much! I'm especially glad you found the bed comfy as after a hard day's work and long journey you needed a good night's sleep! All the best, Claire.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights because I had a work commitment in Blackpool. This is a lovely 3-bedroomed boutique hotel. Very comfortable bed in North Pier room. Lighting spectacularly flash - whirlpool bath and TV. Claire is lovely and friendly. The full English breakfast was so good I had it on both days and even sent a photo home to my envious son! When I return to Blackpool, Number One St Lukes will be at the top of my list - may even try and bring Mrs W next time!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review especially as I know how busy you are! You absolutely must bring Mrs W and Master W when next you all feel in need of an injection of family fun! Thanks again, Claire.