“Another great stay”

Ranked #96 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just returned from another great stay with Clare and Mark at Number 1.

everything at the usual very high standards, all mod cons in bedroom and Bathroom, fantastic breakfast, great hospitality

see you again in september

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
You're too kind - thank you! It's always a pleasure to have you all stay and I do enjoy your tales and adventures! Thanks for staying with us again and September and the Illuminations will be here before we've even blinked. Look after yourselves and have fun - very best wishes Claire.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had a lovely, peaceful stay. Everything you could want and more in the beautiful rooms. Excellent in every way. Couldn't have been better looked after. Excellent choices for breakfast. Claire could not do enough to ensure you had a lovely stay. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnetteMaisy
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review and I must say it felt very much fated that you were to stay here last Saturday!! I'm really pleased you enjoyed yourselves and the weather in Blackpool must have come close to being as gorgeous as the weather in Rhodes previously! Have a great time with the twins and again, thank you for your kind words. Best wishes Claire.
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Free parking straight outside the front on the road. We're taken to our room, absolutely gorgeous, so much time and effort has been put into these rooms. Definitely a great treat for taking someone away for the night. Massive room with sofa and huge TV, jacuzzi bath with TV fitted in the bathroom. Very modern. They have thought of everything here, with a little box of essentials, just incase you've forgotten anything. We loved it, and if we stay at blackpool again, we would definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the african themed room, was amazing.
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Melanie, wow! I'm really thrilled that you enjoyed the room and thank you so much for a great review! I must say guests do seem to appreciate the "box of bits" and in actual fact they are all items that I've forgotten when away and then really needed. Many years ago I bought a blouse whilst on my hols and decided to wear it to dinner, hadn't got any scissors to remove the label so pulled it off and in the process ripped the blouse, cut my finger and then bled on it - totally ruined and I hadn't even worn it so that's why there's the "box of bits" including scissors!! Again, many thanks for the review. All the best Claire.
West Midlands
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Have just returned from a 2 night break at this fabulous bed and breakfast. From the moment you step into this luxurious property you feel totally at home.

We arrived on a damp afternoon and were greeted by Claire who had the sunniest smile. Once in our room (South Pier), Claire showed us all the controls in the room and added that that if there was anything we needed to just "shout". In short we did not need to, as all our needs were catered for.

The room was very well appointed,spacious, spotlessly clean and have every conceivable item to hand that you can think of.

Breakfast is freshly prepared at a time suitable for you and the choice is extensive. You will not go hungry!

The property is approximately 10 minutes walk to Blackpool front and 20/25 minutes to the Tower. Trams and buses are frequent.

There are also several superb restaurants within walking distance should you choose not to go into town.

All in all staying with Claire at Number One St Luke's was a wonderful experience. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Oh what a really fab and lovely review - you have been just too kind!! Where on earth did you find the time as I know you had so much to do when you got back home, relocating the shop, a buying trip to Milan and a full re-fit all at the same time!! Anyway, I hope, no, I'm sure all is going according to plan and thank you so much for finding the time to write about us. All the very, very best and I do hope to see you again at the next Dance Festival. Claire
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We can't fault anything about this B and B. Perfect room and lovely host (who kindly overlooked the fact that we used the placemats as plates duh). Delicious breakfast with great range of choice :) Highly recomended!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
You really have been too kind - thank you so much! I did giggle at your placemat comment - I never gave it a second thought! The event that I diid struggle to keep my face straight over was when a guest picked up the whole big bowl of muesli off the side, put it down in front of him, poured milk over and started to eat at which point his wife looked at him and shouted "nooo, what are you doing?!" The poor guy looked totally stunned and had no idea what he'd done until his wife told him that any idiot surely realised you're supposed to help yourself from the bowl not take the whole thing! I really thought she was going to make him eat it all for being so stupid!! Must admit it's great fun running a B&B. Anyway, I digress, thank you so much for a terrific review and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your half term break! Very best wishes Claire.
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent Comfortable Relaxing first class place and the Fact They love Blackpool as much as I do is a Bonus!! Blackpool as got so so much to offer and the people are so so friendly !!The attention to detail is second to none in the rooms and en suites food excellent and top quality produce for breakfast.Claire is a genuine northern Lass with a heart of gold and Mark you where right to get angry with that Miserable Rodger on Three In A Bed him and his wife where real miserable gits !! Sorry I had to include that !!

• Stayed May 2014
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Oh my goodness - thank you for such a fab review - you're a star! Blackpool gets a really bad press which really upsets and frustrates me as most of the time the people that do us down are the people that have never been and experienced all that Blackpool has to offer. We don't profess to be the "prettiest" seaside resort, all we say is just come and have fun, age and weather irrelevant and if you can't have fun in Blackpool then there's no hope for you! What is so good about yourselves is that you "get it" and that's what you do and did this trip! Thank you staying with us and thank you for your kind words. All the best Claire.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This place is just stunning.We stayed here last night and felt i had to write a review on here. We stayed in the north pier room which was spacious, modern and beautifully decorated. Claire was very helpful, even putting together a guide with things to do in Blackpool and where the nearest shops/restaurants where which was very useful.
Thank you for a lovely stay.
Laura and Jonathan.

Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review Laura and I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm especially pleased that you took a look at the folder of information as it took me ages to put it together and it's a real pain to keep it up to date so I'm really glad my efforts were worthwhile!!
All the best to you and Jonathan. Claire