“Mouldy Cheese!”

Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Mouldy Cheese!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stayed for 1 night with several colleagues. The receptionist was great, really friendly and welcoming. The room was the usual Premier Inn standard, large, very clean, lovely comfy bed. Couple of issues more around the food than anything - we had booked a table for 13 people as soon as we go there but when we came to sit down we had 2 separate tables which didn't assist the 'team building' which was an integral part of the trip. The food was mediocre but the staff were good. Breakfast was the worst experience, I asked for cheese on toast with beans, what I got was beans on toast with mouldy cheese grated on the top! I asked for it to be replaced and was told that it was 'blue cheese' but it clearly wasn't, for a start blue cheese doesn't grate easily! Anyway, I did get a replacement breakfast but found my appetite had gone. Not a great experience and hence the low rating for this stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I've stayed here for work previously and rated the premier inn highly and will do again. Sadly the Beefeater restaurant were having a bad day. Apparently it was a new menu and the staff seemed on edge whilst serving. I had french onion soup for starter which was really nice, but my main of double ultimate burger was cold. I like a slightly pink burger which this was but it was evident it had been sat around waiting for the piping hot chips. To be fair to the staff they replaced it very quickly but the second one wasn't great either! The waitress noticed I'd only picked at it and knocked the main and one of my drinks off the menu. I couldn't argue with that. I really like the whole Whitbread Premier Inn, Beefeater & Costa Coffee set up so I hope this is just a one off.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Bristol
Reviewed 17 April 2013

It is a nice hotel, big rooms, big screen, big bed.
Price was around 45-50 pounds without breakfast or internet. I think they should include internet in the price, it is just 3 pounds but it is annoying to have to pay for a service that usually is free everywhere so I just used my mobile internet.
Breakfast a bit pricey as well, 8,5 all you can eat or around 5 for cold breakfast. I just like to have eggs and mushrooms with a tea that I do not pay more than 3-4 pounds in any Blackpool café.

There is not a lot around the hotel, a couple of restaurants and bars but it is more like a residential area, very nice for a walk but not to much to do or see.
Staff is friendly but it is still low paid staff. It will never be like to talk with a relaxed owner of a small B&B.

Pub attached to it is ok. A bit noise like all Blackpool and a bit expensive.

In general term it is a better than several places in Blackpool but I am still not a big fan of hotel chains and this one did not changed my mind.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Livingston, Scotland
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Overall our 2 night stay was good, but we did have some worries. Our daughter's bed was not made up when we arrived, so they had to organise that for us, and there was no lift for the other couple we were with. Both are elderly so would have had to manage 4 flights of stairs every time going to breakfast and dinner! Our dining reservations were also wrong which was a pain, since the Beefeater was full and we had a VERY hungry 4 year old with us. Breakfast was good, and a buffet style even for hot food so you could have loads if you were very hungry. The best thing were the staff in the beefeater - brilliant. Be warned although the hotel say it's 10 mins to the tram stop, that might be a bit of a stretch as it took us at least 20 mins.

Room Tip: if you have trouble with stairs ask for ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed at premier inn Bispham and it was a good location to get to the local attractions and was clean and rooms were well maintained breakfast was ok the usual stuff nothing to go wow about ,friendly staff too

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 85cynthias
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here 17/03/13 with my wife and my elderly mother who has difficulty in walking. I can only say that the staff were absolutely brilliant and nothing was to much trouble for them. The rooms were the usual standard clean and well maintained.
In the morning the breakfast staff were also on top form and due to my mothers inability to walk any distance we were served in the bar area were we all enjoyed a well cooked breakfast, we cannot thank you all enough. You are a credit to Premier Inn and deserve well earned praise.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed here for three nights whilst visiting Blackpool.
It is a small premier inn attached to the Red Lion pub/restaurant.
It was to the usual good standards of premier inn with adequate, clean rooms.
However, where this premier inn exceeds is with the very friendly and efficient staff.
Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were cheerful and efficient throughout.
We had our breakfasts and two of our evening meals in the Red lion and were very impressed with the standard.
Again, the staff in here were as friendly and efficient as the team in the premier inn. The standard of food was particularly good for a beefeater. I'd been to a number of these previously and had always found them poor so we ordered our evening meal with some trepidation, not expecting anything good. We were very pleased to be wrong in this instance as the food was lovely. The waitresses were very efficient and friendly and the chef clearly knew how to cook a good steak!! Always a surprise in my case as I take mine rare and very, very few chef's get this right.

In summary, we will definitely stay here again next time we come to Blackpool.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple