“Large rooms, comfortable bed”

Premier Inn Blackpool (Bispham) Hotel
Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Large rooms, comfortable bed”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Premier Inn is so much better than lots of the B&Bs in Blackpool. Perhaps not so cosy and personal, but if you want a good big room with all facilities provided, this is the place to go. The bed is good and the bathroom is spacious with a shower over the bath.
Breakfast costs extra but it's worth it for a good quality hot buffet and lots of cold choices.

Room Tip: I didn't see a lift, so you'll need a ground floor room if you can't cope with stairs,
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Rushden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Another excellent 4 night stay at a Premier Inn. The staff at this Blackpool establishment were all very welcoming, very friendly, and very efficient.
We always know what to expect of Premier Inn rooms, and our room on the ground floor lived up to that expectation that it would be clean and well looked after. The bed was extremely comfortable, and we had a good night's sleep on each night.
A very good wall fixed digital Tv provided excellent coverage of key programmes (snooker & football for me, East Enders and Endeavour for my wife!) and we were not disturbed by any noise whatsoever.
We ate breakfast & dinner at the adjoining Beefeater Grill the 'Red Lion' where we found the food very much to our liking. This restaurant is subject of a separate review.
The location of the Inn was fine for us, as we always use public transport when on our regular weekend breaks and there was a 'bus stop outside the place.

Room Tip: Our room was on the North/East side and was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stopped here for one night last week and to be honest ,we were amazed.Never stopped at a Premier Inn before and now I don't think we'd go past one.Perfectly clean,friendly staff,a lovely clean travel cot and sheets provided at no extra charge and convenient location.The Beefeater we dined in was fantastic,great food and friendliest staff we've ever had in a restaurant.Genuinely very impressed,only wish we could of have stayed longer.Will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013
Scotland
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and had no complaints at all. There's a Tesco, Co-op and Sainsbury's nearby so we bought breakfasts and snacks from there. The room was great - comfy bed, good shower, hairdryer, TV and most importantly, clean! Staff were really welcoming and friendly.

The tram stop is about 20 minutes away on foot so you can easily get to Blackpool. Would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stayed for 1 night with several colleagues. The receptionist was great, really friendly and welcoming. The room was the usual Premier Inn standard, large, very clean, lovely comfy bed. Couple of issues more around the food than anything - we had booked a table for 13 people as soon as we go there but when we came to sit down we had 2 separate tables which didn't assist the 'team building' which was an integral part of the trip. The food was mediocre but the staff were good. Breakfast was the worst experience, I asked for cheese on toast with beans, what I got was beans on toast with mouldy cheese grated on the top! I asked for it to be replaced and was told that it was 'blue cheese' but it clearly wasn't, for a start blue cheese doesn't grate easily! Anyway, I did get a replacement breakfast but found my appetite had gone. Not a great experience and hence the low rating for this stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I've stayed here for work previously and rated the premier inn highly and will do again. Sadly the Beefeater restaurant were having a bad day. Apparently it was a new menu and the staff seemed on edge whilst serving. I had french onion soup for starter which was really nice, but my main of double ultimate burger was cold. I like a slightly pink burger which this was but it was evident it had been sat around waiting for the piping hot chips. To be fair to the staff they replaced it very quickly but the second one wasn't great either! The waitress noticed I'd only picked at it and knocked the main and one of my drinks off the menu. I couldn't argue with that. I really like the whole Whitbread Premier Inn, Beefeater & Costa Coffee set up so I hope this is just a one off.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Bristol
Reviewed 17 April 2013

It is a nice hotel, big rooms, big screen, big bed.
Price was around 45-50 pounds without breakfast or internet. I think they should include internet in the price, it is just 3 pounds but it is annoying to have to pay for a service that usually is free everywhere so I just used my mobile internet.
Breakfast a bit pricey as well, 8,5 all you can eat or around 5 for cold breakfast. I just like to have eggs and mushrooms with a tea that I do not pay more than 3-4 pounds in any Blackpool café.

There is not a lot around the hotel, a couple of restaurants and bars but it is more like a residential area, very nice for a walk but not to much to do or see.
Staff is friendly but it is still low paid staff. It will never be like to talk with a relaxed owner of a small B&B.

Pub attached to it is ok. A bit noise like all Blackpool and a bit expensive.

In general term it is a better than several places in Blackpool but I am still not a big fan of hotel chains and this one did not changed my mind.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business