“Bad Experience- but it May Just be Me”

Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My boyfriend and I spent one night at the Premiere Inn by the Blackpool Airport during our UK Road trip.

Initially, I was impressed with the property. The front desk clerk was friendly, the room was clean and had everything we needed, I was really won over by the 30 min free wi-fi, et... I also liked that we were close enough to walk to the attractions in Blackpool, without being in the thick of it. This is a good location.

The problem I had was when we went to bed. I found the linens to be unbearably itchy. I think that I may have had an allergy to the detergent that they use, as I couldn't stop scratchy and developed a rash. It was miserable and I've never had this happen during my travels. It was so bad, that I am likely never going to stay at a Premiere Inn again.

However, I want to state, that this problem is probably just my own sensitivity and nothing against Premiere Inn. My boyfriend did not have a problem.

Besides the linen issue, I found my stay to be a good experience.

Like my review? Check out my blog!

2  Thank Karen H

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just for the night as we were flying the next morning from the airport. Found it perfectly fine. You know what to expect from this chain. Quite disappointed with the pub next door for food in the evening, place was filthy, not the hotels fault I suppose!Morning breakfast is also served in the pub next door. Cooked breakfast looked decent enough that my partner had & it filled him up before our flight! Tea & coffee plentiful. Our room was at the back of the hotel & we never heard noise from the airport, only from other guests staying. Was a bit of mix up at check in (booking.com fault) but lady was pleasant & sorted it no problem. Check out wasn't as nice. Lady kept her head down & had no thanks, hope you enjoyed your stay etc just took the key. Manners don't cost anything! Overall I'd stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

This premier inn was the usual high standard. We didnt hear any road or airport noise which was a lovely surprise after reading the reviews. We booked a family room with a cot. The only problem was that it was a travel cot and the side collapsed after our 6 yr old leaned on it. We went on a Wednesday and walked to the front to catch the tram to see the illuminations. It took us a good 20 minutes but we could have gt a bus after 5 mins walk. We had breakfast and evening meal in the Air Balloon next door which was ok, just ok. We went to the zoo on the Thursday and were able to buy discounted tickets at the reception. Would stay here again but was expensive this time st £91.
Emily and Phil

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel. It is situated,as expected next to Blackpool airport and about a mile outside the main touristy side of town. We had a front facing room and although are reviewers have complained about noise levels outside, i slept like a baby and i am normally not a sound sleeper. The hotel was very clean although it is not the most modern of premier inns. We had the breakfast which was great and certainly filled us up for the day ahead. There is plenty of car parking outside the hotel and the staff were very friendly and helpful. All in all a great stay and i would happily return.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We chose this Premier Inn for its location to Blackpool Prom and were not disappointed.
From the hotel, cyclists are allowed to use the pavement, over the railway bridge and there in front of us was the southern end of miles of beautifully upgraded promenade. Turn left and you have more cycleway to Lytham St. Annes. Mile after mile of flat cycle route!
Blackpool's new trams also start their run from this same place; around 400 yards from the hotel.
The hotel staff extend a warm welcome. The room was warm, pleasant and very clean.
Our 'best bit' was the no-hassle use of car park for the duration of our stay.
Our 'worst bit' was the bed was rather firm for my liking.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

sleeping difficult lack of aircon....could not open window or would have heard traffic all night...1st time i've stayed in Premier Inn with no Air con in Bedrooms..very disappointed as this has affected returning for longer stays in future....was glad it was Sept and not the high heat of summer....was told they issued people with sheets in summer as duvets were too hot.....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Air cooling has not traditionally been a core part of a budget hotel offer and we have previously only put this into our city centre sites or sites where the windows are fully sealed. The reception team are available 24 hrs a day and will always try to assist with any issues you encounter during your stay. We do have processes in place for dealing with hot weather and excessive room temperatures and our Reception & Housekeeping teams should be working together to reduce the impact as much as possible. Additional sheets are stocked behind reception and offered to our guests in place of a duvet, windows should be left open during the day and curtains closed in rooms that face the sun to keep the temperature in the room as low as possible, there should also be a fan placed in every room. If the team had been made aware of the situation at the time, they could have looked at moving you to another room or arranged to outbook you to an alternative hotel that offered Air Conditioning. For future bookings we would advise referring to our website as we do detail sites that offer Air Conditioning and this is displayed by an AC icon on the hotel information page, this allows you to make a decision whether or not to book the specific hotel.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is the sixth time my wife and I have stayed at a Premiere Inn and following our previous good experiences, we decided to stay once again before our early morning flight from Blackpool Airport. But the first time at this particular one.

On this visit we stayed for one night only and the staff were absolutely outstanding. We arrived at normal check in time and the friendly receptionist and checked us straight away.

As normal, room were of a good standard for a budget hotel. The large king size double bed was really comfortable and we both we had a good night sleep before our flight. Tea and coffee making facilities in room and if you wanted additional supplies the receptionist was only too willing to give you what ever you required.

Went next door to the Air Balloon for an evening meal and again the following morning for breakfast, both of which were excellent meals.

1  Thank Sylbain