“Family Fun Fab Place”

Ranked #36 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
blackpool
“Family Fun Fab Place”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We had family come to stay with us but didn't have room at ours so we booked them into the Air balloon Premier in , and we weren't disappointed . .2 adults 2 children aged 3and4 . the place was superb , right next door to pub , which housed The Wacky Warehouse , which is a play area for children , superb ,!! meals were good , rooms were a family room with 2 singles and a king size . clean and good , as we're the bathrooms . ...The staff were great , the family loved the place ..... also it's actually at the airport , so ideal if staying night before flight , It's also in walking distance to sea front , and the beginning of the Illuminations . it's located right in the middle of Blackpool and St Anne's , with plenty of parking space . ..... I was told the breakfast was superb to !! I would definitely recommend this hotel to everybody

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Llangollen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself was fine, exactly what you would expect, clean comfortable room. Staff were friendly, helpful etc. no problems. The restaurant was in the pub next door. We first went in there in the evening, around 7pm, to be told there was at least a 40 mins wait for food, which was disappointing but honest. breakfast the next day was not great. Sausages and bacon that seemed to have been cooked hours before, with hash browns and scrambled eggs that were barely cooked. Not good at all. At least the staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Glendale, California
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My boyfriend and I spent one night at the Premiere Inn by the Blackpool Airport during our UK Road trip.

Initially, I was impressed with the property. The front desk clerk was friendly, the room was clean and had everything we needed, I was really won over by the 30 min free wi-fi, et... I also liked that we were close enough to walk to the attractions in Blackpool, without being in the thick of it. This is a good location.

The problem I had was when we went to bed. I found the linens to be unbearably itchy. I think that I may have had an allergy to the detergent that they use, as I couldn't stop scratchy and developed a rash. It was miserable and I've never had this happen during my travels. It was so bad, that I am likely never going to stay at a Premiere Inn again.

However, I want to state, that this problem is probably just my own sensitivity and nothing against Premiere Inn. My boyfriend did not have a problem.

Besides the linen issue, I found my stay to be a good experience.

Like my review? Check out my blog!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen H
Dumfries
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just for the night as we were flying the next morning from the airport. Found it perfectly fine. You know what to expect from this chain. Quite disappointed with the pub next door for food in the evening, place was filthy, not the hotels fault I suppose!Morning breakfast is also served in the pub next door. Cooked breakfast looked decent enough that my partner had & it filled him up before our flight! Tea & coffee plentiful. Our room was at the back of the hotel & we never heard noise from the airport, only from other guests staying. Was a bit of mix up at check in (booking.com fault) but lady was pleasant & sorted it no problem. Check out wasn't as nice. Lady kept her head down & had no thanks, hope you enjoyed your stay etc just took the key. Manners don't cost anything! Overall I'd stay here again.

Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

This premier inn was the usual high standard. We didnt hear any road or airport noise which was a lovely surprise after reading the reviews. We booked a family room with a cot. The only problem was that it was a travel cot and the side collapsed after our 6 yr old leaned on it. We went on a Wednesday and walked to the front to catch the tram to see the illuminations. It took us a good 20 minutes but we could have gt a bus after 5 mins walk. We had breakfast and evening meal in the Air Balloon next door which was ok, just ok. We went to the zoo on the Thursday and were able to buy discounted tickets at the reception. Would stay here again but was expensive this time st £91.
Emily and Phil

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bishopton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel. It is situated,as expected next to Blackpool airport and about a mile outside the main touristy side of town. We had a front facing room and although are reviewers have complained about noise levels outside, i slept like a baby and i am normally not a sound sleeper. The hotel was very clean although it is not the most modern of premier inns. We had the breakfast which was great and certainly filled us up for the day ahead. There is plenty of car parking outside the hotel and the staff were very friendly and helpful. All in all a great stay and i would happily return.

• Stayed October 2013
Cumbria
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We chose this Premier Inn for its location to Blackpool Prom and were not disappointed.
From the hotel, cyclists are allowed to use the pavement, over the railway bridge and there in front of us was the southern end of miles of beautifully upgraded promenade. Turn left and you have more cycleway to Lytham St. Annes. Mile after mile of flat cycle route!
Blackpool's new trams also start their run from this same place; around 400 yards from the hotel.
The hotel staff extend a warm welcome. The room was warm, pleasant and very clean.
Our 'best bit' was the no-hassle use of car park for the duration of our stay.
Our 'worst bit' was the bed was rather firm for my liking.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackpool
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore
The Carousel Hotel
The Carousel Hotel
#16 of 70 in Blackpool
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lyth...
#4 of 17 in Lytham St Anne's
Village Hotel Blackpool
Village Hotel Blackpool
#29 of 70 in Blackpool

Been to Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!