“Real life savers”

Ranked #36 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
High Bentham
“Real life savers”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

What a great team, they helped us out of a pickle.
We'd originally booked into a small hotel near to the Winter a Gardens (it was the Punk festival)when we got there, our room was up so many twisty flights of stairs, we nearly needed oxygen to revive us, not great for me also as I have MS! The room was grim to say the least........ No way could we stay there.
We hot footed it down to the nearest Premier inn but they were chocker, do they contacted Blackpool Airport Premier Inn and they had a disabled room free.... PERECT!!
The staff were really helpful, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Due to me friend being unwell, we needed to stay another night, they quickly sorted this although we had to move rooms which wasn't a problem at all, even the lovely lady behind reception got stuck in to quickly get another room cleaned to we could pop our things in..... Brilliant.
The rooms were spotless, very comfy and spacious. My friends 6ft 2 and even he said the bed was massive.
The rooms were very quiet, no airport traffic could be heard. We even slept right through the preparations for the Blackpool Air show on the Sunday!!! The Red Arrows and the arrival of the Vulcan!!
Yep! Too much revelling the night before!!
All in all the staff made our weekend memorable, they helped us out of a potentially rubbish situation ( thank goodness we didn't need to return to the first hotel........ Yuck!!)
Thank you so much..... A great team...... We'll stay with you next year

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sarahnunty
Donna N, Manager at Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hello Sarahnunty,

Thank you for your lovely review of Blackpool airport Premier Inn, we are so glad we were able to save your holiday, and that the whole team made your trip perfect.

We look forward to seeing you again soon
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Middlesbrough
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Despite this Hotel being near an airport it was remarkably quiet. Its located a very short distance from the south promenade and a short walk away from the Tram base. We had a hassle free checkin and although we were missing a cot we reserved this was resolved immediately. Room was modern and the beds comfortable. Sheets were provided instead of using the duvet and the staff did advise that it can get warm in the rooms so a fan is provided however it would benefit from Air Conditioning.

The hotel is located next door to a wacky warehouse and pub/restaurant which is handy. We had breakfast as part of our stay, however i would have to say i thought this was overpriced.

There is ample parking available out the front to which you are given a permit for the duration of your stay.

Overall this was a pleasant experience and we would use this chain again.

1 Thank boyleyuk
Hello Boyleuk,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am very pleased you had a lovely time visiting Blackpool and we are your choice for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Always preferred premier inn to tavelodge on our short breaks and the rooms did not disappoint at all. My +- 30th premier inn rooms to date. Clean and comfy as usual.

The restaurant was a different story only two staff serving and taking orders for breakfast and the same person managing the till so made to wait 4 hungry teenagers plus 4 adults for 30 minutes for the orders. Nobody pointing you where to sit so you have to decide for yourself then the staff took two orders from people who just arrived for 10 mins . Would not recommend this restaurant at all.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Wowin03
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This premier Inn is easy to find and in a very handy location for the airport. The rooms are clean and tidy and the staff are friendly. The pub next door us,also a very handy place to get something to eat.

Will be happy to visit again,no complaints.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chloe M
Hello Chloe M,

Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Blackpool Airport, I am pleased you had a lovely comfortable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

After choosing a Premier Inn(our normally preferred choice ) for our day in Blackpool 6/8/14 we arrived at our hotel about 5pm and went to our room to discover its was really warm I checked the temperature unit to discover it wasn't working (no read out) and assuming it was an AC unit I complained and I was told that it wasn't AC unit and a fan was provided and I could open window ,also they had taken batteries out of unit for obvious reasons ????...what in case I accidently turned heating up ? or maybe if I was cynical I couldn't see the actual high temperature reading ? so after explaining to guy at desk that a comfortable temperature is conducive to a good nights sleep I was greeted with a nothing we can do about it attitude. So after an awful nights sleep I have requested a refund, strangely enough it was cool outside ( I was hanging out of window at 3am to get cool) yet the heat inside would point to a heating issue with the hotel in general.
Looking at old reviews going back to 2012 it seems this heating issue has been long acknowledged by head office ......so there really is no excuse hence my refund request.... slap on the fingers for Whitbread Inc.
Couple of other small gripes worth mentioning disappointed that the hot breakfast was not buffet although food was good quality and no coffee machine (coffee in thermos was awful) and no whole milk there was semi skimmed only which stopped my wife having cereals there really should be a choice. All other aspects of our stay were the normal high standard.
I'm sad to be negative our stays in other Premier inn locations like Liverpool, Manchester ,plus business stays have been top notch.

Mark

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the good - all the reception staff were pleasant and helpful just as you would expect.

However, everything else was not want we normally expect from this chain. The cleaning was not great (no tea bags or coffee on two occasions and cleaning spray left in the bathroom luckily my child is old enough to know not to touch it).

There is no restaurant in the hotel but you go to the pub next door.

The main issue I had was nowhere on the website show does it state there are no lifts. I admit there are only 2 floors, however, as a single mum with asthma taking suitcases up and down stairs can be an issue. If I'd known this I might have requested a downstairs room or gone to another hotel.

Both my daughter and I said nothing apart from the reception staff made this hotel feel like a premier inn and if we return to Blackpool we will look elsewhere to stay.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Baddeb
Hello Baddeb,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am sorry that on this occasion you felt our usually high standards where not met. I will be personally looking into your cleanliness comments. I have looked into the website and if you click on disabled access it has a break down of each hotels details. However I will look into having the fact we have no lift made clearer and on our main page.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I always stay at this hotel its in close location to the beach and other amenities.
The staff are all friendly and polite.The bedrooms are clean and comfy although i had a problem with my bed it was eventually sorted( it did not spoil my stay in any way).Great place for families with children, has a Wacky Warehouse on site too. No need to ponder on whether to stay here or not.. BOOK NOW..!!! Yes, i may seem a little OTT but I do so LOVE Premier Inn BlackPool Airport. xx

1 Thank Sharon T
Donna N, Manager at Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hello Sharon T,

Thank you for your very lovely review, we are so glad you had a lovely time again, beside your bed issue, we are getting the brand new premier inn beds very soon, and hope to welcome you back to an even better nights sleep.

Donna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackpool
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore
The Carousel Hotel
The Carousel Hotel
#16 of 70 in Blackpool
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lyth...
#4 of 17 in Lytham St Anne's
Village Hotel Blackpool
Village Hotel Blackpool
#29 of 70 in Blackpool

Been to Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!