“Nice”

Aysgarth House Hotel
Ranked #150 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend at the end of June. I had booked a double room en-suite. We were met by Richie upon arrival who was extremely friendly and helpful and check in was quick and painless. We were in room 7 which was nice.

Good Points:
Cleanliness of the room, totally spotless
Décor of the room, much better than some of the dated stuff you see in Blackpool
Extremely quiet location
Good shower pressure, even if the cubical was very small

Bad Points:
For me the location was not that great, although not exactly far from the prom or attractions it felt like it was an awkward place to get to and from (this is just my opinion)
The mattresses were so, so soft, completely impossible to get a good nights sleep. Felt like I had to dig myself out of them in the morning
No storage space or shelves. One tiny little shelf in the room itself which held the kettle, tea & coffee. One set of drawers inbetween the 2 beds and a wardrobe built into the wall which housed pipes which meant that sometimes the hangers could get quite hot. No storage space whatsoever in the bathroom so had to end up putting stuff on the window ledge and toilet cistern.
The room had 2 beds one small double and one single. It would probably have been better to have one normal sized double in the middle of the room. The double bed being against the wall I find makes it impossible for 2 people to sleep in without disturbing your bed mate if you have to get up during the night or wanted to get up earlier.
The taps in the bathroom are push down like you would get in a public toilet which is a nightmare when trying to get washed or brush your teeth as they stay running for about 10 seconds at most.

Having said all of this, I had a great trip and the main thing that concerned me was the mattresses as I felt like I had hardly any sleep over the 3 nights we stayed there. I don't think I would book to stay here again, but it is not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hazel_Malcolm

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is one of the best we have stayed in. Great location. We were 5 ladies that stayed here, it was spotless clean, comfy, breakfast was yummy. Thanks so much for making our hols great.....we will return again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jean s
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Me and my GF arrived on the 28th May and were greeted by Lynne who was very happy too see us and took us straight up to our room which was a tad smell but that wasn't a problem as we hadn't planned on spending that much time in it. We met Richie that evening after being out on the town he was also very helpful and nothing was a bother to him even when I was sneaking down for beers when he was trying to rest lol. The couple gave us a voucher which got us into a show which would of cost us around £30 but we got in for nothing which was amazing.

All in all an amazing stay all we would of asked for if we could of was more plugs in the room buy hey ho it isn't FOUR IN A BED lol :)
thanks Richie and Lynne for an amazing stay we are back down in November and our booking will be with you definitely.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here over may bank holiday, for 3 nights, room excellent, Ritchie & Lynn made us feel so welcome, I think it's probably the best B&B we have stayed in yet. would recommend to friends. A big thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms excellent & clean
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here well my partner was on leave from the army. When we got here. The couple are from a milliery background and was so welcoming and lovly rooms was excellent and tidy. Vistit blackpool very worth staying here. Thanks to lynn anf richie for making it a great stay. X

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here at the end of April, me, my partner, our 7 year old, my sister in law and 80 year old mother in lass. Richie and his wife were lovely and made us all feel very welcome. The b&b is clean and tidy, the rooms are cared for and although compact are perfectly nice. I found the mattress a bit too soft for me but hubby and child slept like logs. The breakfast was yummy and there was plenty to go round. We had a lovely stay and have to come to Blackpool a couple of times a year so will certainly be back.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Me and my Wife decided to pop up to Blackpool on 17/04/2014 and after finding "Aysgarth House Hotel" on the internet, we gave them a call. The Hotel is Couple's and Families only so it immediately stood out to us. When we got there Richard welcomed us and made us feel so welcome. We had a chat before He showed us to our room and then we had a little look round. The room was Clean, Cosy and was well maintained. You could pay a lot more in Blackpool for a room and it not be as looked after as the rooms at the "Aysgarth". Later on we nipped down to the Bar for a Drink and Richard was there to happily serve us and then sat chatting with us. He was Friendly, Funny and was interested in getting to know His Guests. The next morning we had a continental breakfast and it was all lovely. You had a nice choice of Cereals, Fruit Juice, Tea, Coffee and Toast. It was all nice and get you set up for your morning. The website states Hairdryer in the room but they've had problems with things going missing before, so all You need to do is pop down, see Richard and He'll Happily give You one to use. As this was a late decision to go to Blackpool and we thought it would be hard to find a Hotel before Good Friday, we found such a brilliant Hotel and next time we want to stay in Blackpool the "Aysgarth House Hotel" will definitely be our Hotel of choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple