“fab” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belgrave Madison Hotel

Belgrave Madison Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
Belgrave Madison Hotel
Ranked #64 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Aberdare, United Kingdom
“fab”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

what a fab week end the hotel from the out side dont let it put you off in need of doing but inside very clean very tidy.Warm welcome on arrival.
The food was excellent plenty of it.
The owners are brill and their staff friendly and do any think for you.
room are very clean and tidy.clean towels daily sheet fresh and crisp.
cant wait to go back we met lovely people and the welcome we had was outstanding .our driver outstanding .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I had read the reviews and were a bit apprehensive about our 2 night stay ,but we were greeted very warmly and made to feel welcome right away. We upgraded to a sea view and we were not disappointed.Yes the rooms do need a refurb but it was clean and the towels and bedding were spotless. The breakfast was more than adequate and evening meal was good wholesome cooking so can not fault the cook . We had a lovely stay and made to feel at home and we also went to the sister hotel the Leverdale on the 2 evenings for a drink and that also had a lovely friendly atmosphere , I would just like to say the Belgrave Madison is a work in progress but this would not stop us from staying here again .

Birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I visited last weekend (10th & 11th August). I had read the reviews but always go with an open mind, especially as it was a cheap deal from KGB Deals (£99 for 2 nights for 2 people including breakfast and evening meal).

Arrived there on Saturday afternoon and parked up and walked in to small foyer. Several people were checking in before us who were performing at the Revolution Weekend at the Winter Gardens. They were shown their room and then we were greeted from the friendly female owner. She asked us what we would like to order for our evening meal that evening and showed us to our room. She also gave us some extremely useful advice about purchasing a day saver tram ticket for £3.50 each as tram fares are quite expensive. These tickets proved invaluable to us because we travelled back and forth to the hotel and to Cleveleys several times using the tram and we would have spent a fortune otherwise. Tickets are purchased a short walk up the road from the local McColls shop. I would recommend using the tram as the hotel is quite a walk from the town centre and takes about 8 minutes on the tram.

When we entered the room (Room 14), it was clean, which I only half expected after reading reviews so that was a bonus. The bed was clean and comfortable, as was the bathroom. I have to admit the shower, if you are more than an average size, you will not be able to get in to it!

The downside to this room is that it is dated. It has an analogue TV which can only show 2 channels. The kettle has to be boiled on the floor as the lead does not reach the plug and the cups had a strange smell to them! The hairdryer which was on the wall, I used on the Saturday evening and could smell burning.....it melted whilst in use! Also, the electrics need urgently looking at as the wires from the TV and the extension are live and only held together with a clip......certainly do not touch this!! There is also a massive draught under the door from the gap in the fire escape door which is next to this room.

I did mention the hairdryer to the female owner and she did replace it immediately and apologised.

We went to the evening meal on the first evening and I would say there were approximately 20 diners in the function room/restaurant all being served by only one waitress. I take my hat off to her as she was backwards and forwards taking orders and bringing out food and clearing tables and was really friendly. (the girl with the red streak in her hair). The food was quite basic but tasty but it isn't really my idea of a night out so we ate out on the Sunday evening in Cleveleys where they have a Wetherspoon and several restaurants/bars etc.

I did try to obtain a drink at the bar to have with our meal but nobody was serving. Eventually, the male owner served me to the wine I asked for (thinking it would come from the Stowells machine on the wall) but he brought in a bottle of wine which was absolutely awful. We did, again go to Cleveleys for a decent drink in the Wetherspoon.

Breakfast on both days was ample. A selection of different boxed cereals, grapefruit segments and a full cooked breakfast. Ample toast and drinks and refills if required.

All in all, we did enjoy our weekend away. We didn't spend too much time at the hotel, we just used it as a base to sleep for the night. I wish the owners the best of luck with this hotel because it needs a complete refurbishment and needs modernising but they are really friendly and deserve a break!

Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

After reading other reviews I was quite apprehensive about this stay, and I have to say that when we pulled up outside the hotel for our 2 night stay and saw the exterior of the hotel I thought my fears were going to be realised.

The exterior looks tatty and badly needs sorting out, and once inside the foyer you can see immediately that the carpet on the stairs has worn on the edges of the treads. When we got to our room the first thing I noticed was the ceiling, which was stained and patched up in places.The room was quite small but adequate, as was the bathroom. The bathroom was old fashioned and needed at the very least re-grouting.

That's all the bad stuff out of the way now. Because the room (especially the ceiling) could have done with being re-decorated, it made the general appearance of the room look slightly grubby - however it was spotless. That to me is THE most important thing. The bed wasn't the best I've ever slept in, but it wasn't uncomfortable - and again the bedding was spotlessly clean.

The public areas downstairs are fine - there's a TV room, the bar area, and the restaurant. There's also a dance floor although it wasn't in use while we were there.

The meals were okay, nothing to get excited about, but nothing much to complain about either. We were a group of 7 and we all agreed that the evening meal on our first night was better than that on the second night. Breakfasts were fine - self service cereal and juice, followed by a full cooked breakfast, which again was nothing to get excited about but was perfectly okay - it was pretty much what I'd expect from this type of seaside hotel. They were great at keeping the coffee and toast coming!

We stayed in the hotel both evenings and thought the drinks were very reasonably priced - we wouldn't have stayed in if they hadn't been!

The staff were absolutely lovely, especially the owners. They took over the hotel about a year ago and are fully aware of what needs doing, however without a sizeable lottery win it's likely to be a work in progress for some considerable time to come.

In conclusion I would really recommend giving this place a try. It's a long way from being perfect but there's something appealing about it at the same time. I was sorry to leave and would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

after reading the reviews i was expecting worse,this was paid for by my sister for me and my husband and did not read them and did not know it is 3 miles from blackpool,had towait while room was being hoovered at 3 o clock,paid extra ten pounds for sea view for two nights,it was a friday and was told no entertainer was on,and bar not open till 7,went for evening meal at 6,and took half hour to bring us starter,then half hour for main,then another half hour for pudding just one girl doing all of it for about 20 people,then our drinks was flat asked for another and still the same,was a big t.v room,think thats because you can only get one channel on,our cups in room was dirty,there was a blood stain on the white bed cover,was hairs in the draws,no door on the wardrobe,bathroom not very clean,shower grubby,i made an excuse and did not stay another night,not worth the money,and had already been in blackpool for a week before going to this hotel and was a five star compared to this 2 star

Room Tip: rooms on front are cold
1 Thank token32

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

On arrival hotel was empty ,piles of unopened mail in reception.Rung bell and greeted to be told we would not be staying here , but booking had been passed on to sister hotel The Leverdale.We were then pointed in general direction.

4 Thank JayneTaylor2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I don't usually write reviews but after my recent experience at this hotel I felt I had to. Prior to staying here I read the reviews left by other guests but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt as there were some good reviews. I wish I hadn't! This hotel needs a MAJOR REFURBISHMENT! Its old, scruffy, dated, needs a damn good clean everywhere. Our room was horrible, wallpaper virtually hanging off, dust everywhere, the room in my opinion hadn't been cleaned prior to our arrival, the tv was tiny and only had one channel. Thank god the kettle was working so I could at least have a coffee first thing. We stayed in a sea-view room so the view outside was nice which was something. Breakfast consisted of microwaved bacon, garlic croutons?!, egg, frozen sausage and cheap beans- we have stayed in quite a few b&bs/guest houses/hotels and never have we had a breakfast like it. Evening meal was average at best, similar poor quality of food. The owners were actually nice people to be fair. If we had spare cash we would have walked in and walked straight back out again and found somewhere else. The owners really do need to read these reviews and get this hotel sorted out. I would be embarrassed to own it and run it. We would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple