“Dont even bother!”

Ranked #691 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Dont even bother!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have never experienced anything like it and it ruined my friend's birthday! Firstly I will start by saying it was booked through awesomeweekends.co.uk so be careful!

Firstly we were told we would be staying in 1 quad room so we would all be together with an en suite. It was 2 separate disgusting rooms with a SHARED bathroom with other people.

With the shared bathroom we were greeted to urine in the toilet and all over the seat, which was obviously done by a male and we were told it was just a girls bathroom! (Picture attached). Pubic/body hair in the bath (also picture attached) and the smell was something else.

The bedrooms were absolutely vile, not only were we separated but the dirt was unacceptable. I have never seen anything like it. (pictures attached). For £60 a room we could of got a premier inn but instead we were stuck with these awful rooms. The dust was unreal, the wardrobes were broken, the windows were filthy, the dirt in the wardrobe slide was disgusting, the splatters of sick and liquids on the walls were horrendous (we could smell it) and the fact we have brown sauce and dirty tea spoons in the tea and coffee pots just topped it all off.

It was that bad we didn't sleep in the beds we sat on the edge after our night out and stayed awake because it was that horrible.

Then it comes to breakfast… a long wait to even get asked what we want. 45 minutes to be specific. We were given burnt toast (picture attached) and the beans were stone cold and hard with the breakfast!

We wanted to get out of there as soon as we possibly could and left at 9:30am with no goodbye or anything from the same owner/worker with a 3 hour drive home with no damn sleep.

This was booked through awesome weekends, so be careful when using them too!!!
They refused us a refund and then had the cheek to offer us another weekend in Blackpool that we had to pay for! At least 8 people and one person goes free! NO THANKS.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Nikki G

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Warwickshire
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

If your thinking of staying here then I suggest..DONT!!! This is the worst b&b I have ever stayed in, I would rather sleep on the streets than ever sleep here again!!!

A group of 4 girls aged 22-28 stayed for one night and ONE night only THANK GOD!!!

We were promised a quad room with a private bathroom for just our use but instead got given two tiny DIRTY (sick splattered up the wall) box rooms with a bathroom that was shared with the whole bar/hotel! Urine all over the toilet, pubes everywhere a rug on the floor that was soaking wet with piss and we were expected to use this bathroom to wash etc! We didn't wash the whole time we were there and us all being girls this was extremely hard for us!!!

This was supposed to be a birthday celebration night out but instead was ruined by this disgusting hotel! We tried to get the owners attention to tell him but he JUST WASNT BOTHERED!

We had no sleep, b&b was noisy 24/7 with drunks we expected a little noise with it being a place for party people but oh my god it was horrendous, we considered checking out and sleeping in the car instead!

We payed £60 a room which included breakfast! A RIP OFF! We waited 45 mins for our breakfast order to be taken and it came out cold!

I'm not usually one to moan but I feel I need to warn other girls that are thinking of booking here to stay for a night out..DONT!!! ITS RANK!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gina L
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at the Regency for a weekend as a stag party of 10. From the outset the proprietor was vey welcoming and would do anything to make us feel welcome. The rooms were comfortable and basic but we all slept soundly and our belongings were secure. The bar at the hotel was excellent, the drinks were very cheap and served with a smile and many tales from the friendly owner Andy.

We opted to pay for parking at one of the shops opposite, this proved cost effective and convenient.

Breakfast was very good and seved hot and promptly every day (it was a welcome hangover cure).

Our only two criticisms would be the shower in our room was underpowered and difficult to control, and the lady at breakfast on day 2 was very grumpy.

Overall we had a great time and would come back to Blackpool just to have some beers in the bar it was that good, most importantly our stag, Simon had a great time,

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Really good accommodation, excellent breakfast would definitely recommend, value for money and central for everything, Great host made to feel really welcome, drinks really good valve for money, had a great stay at this hotel and would definitely stay here again, Nelly,Darton,Barnsley,South Yorkshire

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hawick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Five Scottish Lads From Hawick stayed here
On reading reviews I was pretty apprehensive to book this place, however after calling around trying to get accommodation for 5 Scottish 18-30 year old lads I soon realised this was more difficult that I thought! Not many want stag, hen doos, groups, or one nighters.
So sod it i booked it.
I booked through their website awsoneweekends, a company that take a commission for booking to this hotel (found this out on checking out speaking to owner Andy)
Anyhow, back to the Hotel,
On arrival it looks pretty dates and run down, but once inside its your typical Blackpool hotel, no frills, budget accommodation. Now to be honest the hotel and it's owners don't make out its the Ritz, you can tell they've done done work and keep on top of it best as possible but this hotel is basically a party hotel! And if you want a quiet hotel or a decent nights sleep then look elsewhere.
If you want a hotel that offers a bed, breakfast, cheapest bar prices in Blackpool a long with friendly owner Andy then this is the place to come. The poor bugger is kept busy and while we stayed the Saturday night, it was cram packed and busy as it could be, he kept smiling and entertaining. The bar prices are dirt cheap....in fact for a hotel bar, far to cheap in comparison. It's to get you to drink there, instead of taking drink to your room etc, but to be honest, it works. The bar was packed and you get a great banter with others and Andy joins in. So all in all e wry one is a winner. He even keeps bar open when you come back in at 3am lol
While your spending Andy will sit there. Poor bugger, 4am still serving, up at 8am doing breakfast ha ha
So if your staying here, leave your drink at home and your the bar and give Andy a turn. He actually deserves it!

You also get Free VIP wrist bands for discounted entry fees into bar clubs, food etc.

Room we got had two singles, and two bunks. Fine for the night or weekend. Was enough room to move and get changed. As there was 5 of us, we also got a double bed room down stairs. Was just a room no en-suit but had a decent shower/bathroom next door. I used this one as 5 lads trying to shower and get changed is a challenge on its own so the extra room was handy.

We came back in at about 4am, place was still buzzing, folk about drinking laughing, partying. But all was good cos this hotel is a lively one so you need to get pissed to sleep. Wasn't loud, or anything just a busy hotel so you do here noises. We were right at top so wasn't to bad. Some lads were banging on doors but didn't last long. Also fire alarm went off too at 4am but went off quickly. Was probably folk messing around.
My only real gripe with hotel was breakfast, we went down at 10am, was packed, think everyone was down at same lol
Waiting around 5 mins then sat down at a table once folk got up. Was a table that sat 12 I think. We sat 20 minutes before his wife I presume actually acknowledged us enough to offer a glass or fruit juice. A further 10 minutes to get a pot of tea. Still the table hadn't been cleared and it's now 40 minutes and she brought a rack of toast. We sat with dirty breakfast plates and no clean anything. Now she was busy and we were aware she was running about. But she looked pissed off to the max and was a little dis - interested in serving a clean table and a breakfast. Was almost as though she thought its only 5 young lads ill not bother. Maybe she was having a bad day but it wasn't a good look considering Andy works his butt off to make you feel welcome. I actually got up and left my friends 50 minutes later without my breakfast or a clean table as I was so fed up.
I was going to speak to Andy up stairs but decided not to.
This B&B would actually Benefit from not doing breakfast, lower the price a few pounds and stick in sandwich machine or just do filled rolls or something. Either that or offer a cafe round the corner a deal to do the breakfasts for them and send the guests there. They were run ragged but it wasn't run efficiently. Two older guys behind us got up and walked out also.

But apart from that, it's a decent enough hotel And I'd stay again, but I'd tell Andy I'm not wanting breakfast lol
Ignore bad reviews, if your looking for a bed for the night and your young and want a laugh and cheap pre-drinks before heading out then this is the place for you!

Remember they don't put up with trouble or really loud noise or groups that disrupt others, but if your fair then they are fair with you and you'll get on fine.

So don't hesitate you'll be fine.

Top tip, book direct with hotel, you'll get if for around £25 pp
If you book with agent they charge £30 pp

• Stayed October 2013
Leeds
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here as part of a hen party, had a twin room, very small and cramped. All doors are fire doors so no matter how quietly you try to shut your door it slams which results in a restless nights sleep. The bathroom was tiny but the water was hot and the toilet flushed,

Rooms were clean but could do with decorating - very dated and unappealing.

Breakfast was lovely. wouldn't stay here again out of choice but ok for the price

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Do not stay here if you value your life. No electric and when we questioned the manager simply said, maybe the room next door is using too much!! Not what you want to hear when you are trying to get ready to go out. We were then given an extension lead which had to run through the corridor which was a danger for coming and going. All rooms were stated as ensuite, we shared a bathroom with another room. The wardrobe slider doors tried to hide a multiple of sins until you opened them to three open main sockets, exposed nails which I cut myself on trying to open the door and breeze block walls. One door fell off its slider and hit my mother on the head. When we raised our concerns to the manager about the above and the fact that there were wires and extension leads through the hallways he simply said, well I'm concerned about my electric bill!!! No sorry, no sympathy and a shouting down at breakfast for daring to ask for no black pudding. Then because the breakfast was cold when it arrived, I decided to opt for weetabix, BUT these were out of date!! DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed October 2013