“over night stay”

Bracondale Guest House
Ranked #443 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2012

The bracondale guest house in blackpool is one of the best with a four star rating nothing can go wrong inside this great hotel. I have stayed in many hotels over the world and I can say the bracondale is one of the best if you plan to spend a few days in blackpoolthis is the hotel to go to

Room Tip: If you pla to say in this ask for room 3 its the most quiet
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Bracondale Guest House

Reviewed 3 January 2012

This is a nice place on he north shore 1 minute walk to the tram or bus which takes two minutes to get to places like coral island or the blackpool tower, also great for getting away from the noise of blackpool but only 2 minutes away from all the activitys and u are away from all the noise of those self catering flats ,in my 3 visits in 2011 i slept like a baby no noise at all
the only thing missing is bigger tv's they are pretty small in room but apart from that its clean. Nice owner and manager and superb breakfast ,i have stayed here on my own and with my kids, theres a fish and chip shop italian chinese indian and a spar all with in 2 minutes walk so you cant go wrong here.

Room Tip: they do a superior room with big tv
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Had a great weekend break with our 3 year old grand-daughter. We were made to feel very welcome. Complimentary drink when we arrived. Rooms very clean and breakfast was great the next morning. We sat in the bar in the evening with other guests and confirm very reasonable bar prices. When I asked for something they did not have behind the bar - the staff went out and bought my drink. Newspapers order and there next morning at breakfast. I recommend this hotel and confirm we are going back to let the New Year in.
Alison Ron and Beth

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed for one night and really wouldn't recommend it. We booked a Superior room through Late Rooms. It promised a plasma tv with cd and dvd player, and king size bed. This was definitely not what we got. There was a small poxy tv with no dvd and cd. I happened to look in the opposite room next morning and that was definitely the superior room. Most disappointing. The owner was very friendly but at 9am on Sunday morning there was no one about so we started to leave to go and find breakfast - we just presumed there was no breakfast. Anyway, we were walking down the road when the owner came running after us asking if we wanted breakfast. Too late!!!!!!! Very disorganised and along with that he was starting next day to alter the bar/ restaurant area so there were ironing boards, bin bags etc everywhere. Not comfortable! Would definitely not recommend it and won't be staying there again. Bit too far away from the town centre but quite close to the sea. From our experience now, we would probably stay on the south shore rather than the north shore as it is definitely a bit worse for wear and shabby in that area.

Room Tip: South shore of Blackpool is definitely better than North Shore accommodation. Avoid the sea front a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
skipperBlackpool, Owner at Bracondale Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

I am sorry that these guests were disappointed. They did book room only. They declined a complimentary drink on the Saturday evening and chose not to communicate. They did not order breakfast and left the premises without returning their key or settling their account. Hence the necessity to chase them down the street. The issue with the TV was not brought to our attention. We apologise and will remedy the situation. North Shore is usually the much preferred option, but obviously not for everyone.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

My daughter and I, and later my son and his girlfriend, really enjoyed staying at the Bracondale for 3 nights at half term. The management team joined us while we (and a few other guests) put the world to rights over several glasses of wine and while I had a couple of suggestions on how they could improve a little - this super team listened and made sure that my concerns were allayed and reassured me that they want to (and did) give the very best service. It certainly was one of the happiest and nicest long weekend breaks I have had in a long time. The breakfast was second to none, and the room really lovely. When we got caught in a downpour and returned drenched and too wet to go out again to eat, they allowed us to order in pizza and even gave us plates and cutlery to enjoy the meal properly in the dining room/lounge. I would certainly plan to return next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This hotel is probably the best I have stayed in. The owner and staff are so welcoming and friendly its like you have known them for years. My wife and I stayed for two nights in one of the two superior rooms in September 2011 The rooms are spotlessly clean large and well decorated with larger than average clean well equipped on-suites. There was a tea and coffee making tray in the room which also included herbal fruit teas. There was also a complimentary decanter or sherry with chocolates and two glasses in the room which was topped up daily ( how many rooms have that a glass of sherry and chocolates in bed for a night cap ) There was also a complimentary drink in the bar on the first night and bar prices (no draught various bottled beers only ) were very reasonable. The bar stayed open until you were ready to leave which was well after midnight as the staff and other guests were so entertaining.
The breakfast the next morning was excellent and they went out of their way to ensure you had anything you wanted ie they do not normally do fried bread, I mentioned that I liked fried bread and they made fried bread for myself and other guests who wanted it. The full English was definitely full and lasted us until tea time.
The hotel is about fifteen minutes walk along the north shore from the tower. It is situated on the side road adjacent to the Ritz hotel. There is a tram and bus stop outside the Ritz which is about 100yds from the Bracondale hotel.
The hotel does not have parking but there was ample unrestricted street parking outside the hotel and we and the other guests had no problems parking right outside the front of the hotel and due to it being a quieter area it felt safe to leave the vehicle on the roadway.
This really is a first class establishment and I would be happy to recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: Rooms one and two the superior rooms are well worth the few pounds extra they definitely have the w...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Stayed for one night, the manager is so welcoming and friendly, a complimentary drink was enjoyed in the bar and later in the evening free bottles of water. The room was spotless and bathroom nice and big. The breakfast had everything you could want, when they say full english, that is exactly what is served. Will return here next time we visit Blackpool.
Sue- Ossett, Wakefield