“It's what you make it”

Ranked #382 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“It's what you make it”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Just got back from a brilliant weekend at the Wellington in Blackpool.
The hotel was £30 a night and great value for money.
Rooms are basic but have everything you need really (although you will need to give a deposit if you want towels)

Diane and the team were really helpful and let us have use of a function room for some pre-going out games.

It's about a 5 minute walk to the seafront and then 15 minutes to the centre where all the clubs and bars are.

Party weekends are really what you make them and if you're up for having fun and keeping your weekend cheap then the Wellington is a good hotel to have as base. Just remember, if you don't want to party don't stay at a party hotel, in fact, don't go to Blackpool at all!

From
Farmer Girls and Marie the Hen

Room Tip: House double vodka is £3 Cocktails are £2.50

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just came back from a hen weekend with girls / woman of a wide age range. Okay it's a party hotel, but you would expect people to have a little consideration for those who are not drinking all night in the bar. Instead, people were shouting, swearing, music blaring all night and to top it all, someone activiated the fire alarm at 5.30am causing everyone to have to leave their rooms. Rooms are grotty, had to request towels and toilet rolls. No soap or basics. I was afraid to look under the bed sheets for fear of what state the mattress was in. Four women in one room with only 1 small window that could be opened meant the room was stifling and in my opinion a fire hazard. They charged us just over £30 per person per night but with 4 of us in the room that was £120.00 per room per night! Other guest houses were charging £30 per ROOM per night. No breakfast choices - full english or nothing (not as nice as it sounds). Get your own cutlery and plate and make your own toast, tea or coffee and pay for orange juice. Was more like a canteen than a hotel breakfast room. When 2 of my room mates skipped breakfast, I asked if I could have 1 of their sausages and was refused!! even though it had been paid for!!
If you like getting drunk around the clock without having any consideration for other residents then this is the place. If you like to get any sleep at all (and I'm not exaggerating when I say you won't get any) DO NOT BOOK IN HERE!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose one here!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Just returned home from a stag weekend at The Wellington. After arriving we were shown a cctv tape of someone emptying there bowels on the landing. The whole place smells of sick and the breakfast was awful. If this wasn't enough on checkout they con you out of your room deposits by finding problems in the rooms you have stayed in. Are group of 16 were split across 5 rooms and we lost 75% of are deposit. All of the issues raised by staff were already in place so check your rooms. They ranged from broken blinds to broken bed bases.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere different!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed in the Wellington for a mates 30th Birthday, there was a group of 18 lads and even though they couldn't fit us all in the Wellington, Joeanne arranged for half of our group to stay in a B&B 2 doors down. We paid £15.00 deposit each and then the balance upon arrival (£35.00 in total). Something to point out that they didn't tell me until we booked the rooms, was that they would require a £20.00 "bond" which was a deposit we would get back for not trashing the place. This is fair enough and we all got our money back the next day.

Upon arrival we all got checked in, had a few beers in the bar (which was fairly priced, you could get 4 bottles of Stella for £10.00 each. The room we had was fine' no complaints was clean and the bed was pretty comfy (for the 3 hours I spent in it). In terms of location it is about five mintes walk from the tower so you are near all of the bars.

At the end of the road there is a pay and display car park which charges £6.00 for 24 hours which isn't bad at all.

I got back to the B&B about 3.30am and the place was rockin, and basically the bar doesnt shut. Also speak to Dianne and she will get you on the guest list for club sunuk.

Had breakfast which was pretty small to be honest but filled a hole, check out was no problem as well.

I would return to this hotel no problem. One thing is that this isnt a hotel for families, it's a party hotel

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Holmezzi
Cumbria
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Recently went on a stag weekend here. Rooms were clean, reasonably equipped and the service was good and friendly. Central location which is nice and a decent breakfast as well.

GIven the price, its excellent value.

One caveat is parking - on street parking is available, but very limited. There is car park 30 yards away, £6 a night. But beware, they will tow away your car and demand £250 at the slightest excuse. Read the signs very carefully, including the hidden one!

Room Tip: The higher the quieter...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank eldar_cb
Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Just returned from my little sister's Hen Weekend in Blackpool. We arrived on the Friday and straight away it was like home from home, Diane greeted us and couldn't be more helpful and lovely. This was to be the running theme of our stay, there was ten of us, we had two rooms of three and two twin rooms, all were absolutely spotless, nice fresh bedding, towels etc etc Downstairs was very spacious and there was a nice sunny beer garden out back, which was handy as the weather was fab :) Breakfast was fast and delicious, lots of fresh bread and rolls, which you could have as much as you wanted, to go along with your full English. On the Saturday night the hotel puts out a free buffet and it was great, loads for everybody, onion rings, sausage rolls, potato wedges, chicken nuggets etc etc It really helped soak up the alcohol for the night ahead. Honestly the staff were awesome, and made us all feel so welcome, nothing was a problem, they even let our party use the dining area for a kissogram we had booked for our bride-to-be !!!! I would recommend The Wellington to anyone, but if your looking for a stag or hen venue in Blackpool, you couldn't and wouldn't find any better, for location (right at the tower), staff (Diane was a star :)), price and accommodation, 5 out of 5 !!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Veronica G
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I went to Blackpool on the 10/03/2012 and I had booked to stay at the Wellington, there was 12 of us staying and the customer service I recieved prior to arriving was top notch. I rang up 4 or 5 times as I had people drop out add on etc an the lady on the phone was great an answered all my queries each time.

We got there and the check in was quick here's the cash here's the keys and wrist bands.

It was my stag do and the lads dressed me up in a lovely dress, and while in the bar the barlady came out holding a two piece belly dancer number which we made my brother wear this just helped in making my stag do great.
24 hour bar can't go wrong as well.
Next morning breakfast was good although I was hungover. Check out was simple and no problems getting the bonds back.

All in all great place. Also the disabled bathroom In room 2 was a treat had a monster hangover and could sit on the shower seat and soak away to sober up,the water didn't get super hot but that's possibly a thermostatic mixer valve installed? If so just needs increasing couple of degrees.

I would recommend this place, also free food onion rings sausage wedges etc = happy lads haha

• Stayed March 2012