“great value hotel”

Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Paisley, United Kingdom
“great value hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

just back from a fantastic sept weekend full board. room spotless and - for blackpool - spacious rooms. Staff very helpful if a bit slow at the bar. Food was the best part, buffet style, hot, fresh and as much as you want. no complaints and would go back. had a sea view and it was just the icing on the cake

Room Tip: sea view is well worth the little extra
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lindamuir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

first class hotel. room sea facing and extremely clean. staff excellent especially neil on
reception and adrian in restaurant. food excellent quality and plenty of it. bar was very
reasonably priced. entertainment was also very good - not forgetting BINGO.
would have no hesitation in returning again.

Room Tip: ask on booking for sea viedw room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patricia267
Paisley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Me and my family booked to stay here for 4 nights and we were all looking forward to it despite some of the reviews it had been getting. I called a week before we arrived just to clarify a few things and the reception on the phone I got from the owner barbara wasn't the best, on arriving when I approached the reception desk there was a female who looked like she didn't want to be there it turned out to be the owner and she had a disgraceful attitude towards us, I wasn't at all cheeky I was very pleasant but still she was very dry! I was given my keys and I checked my room, I was given the sea view room which I was pleased with I have no complaints about the room, my mother in law checked her room and she wasn't happy as she felt it wasn't
suitable for her and my disabled father in law. My mother in law asked to change rooms and it felt like we were asking for money out the till, my mother in law paid for the upgrade to another room which was ample but still unsuitable as we advised her on the phone that my father in law had difficult walking and had difficulty with stairs, she failed to inform us that there was stairs at the front leading into the hotel. Once we were unpacked and settled I asked if it was ok to store milk in the fridge for my one year old son this seemed a problem to the owner to the rest of the staff were really friendly and very obliging, it was a nuisance to deal with dinners and the bottles as I was to ask members of staff to assist me in heating the milk and his food, I was advised that I could do it myself then told I wasn't and made to feel that I was at fault. Also it seemed a problem to borrow a spoon and a bowl from her and felt I had to explain myself at every point. All in all the hotel was nice and will be lovely once it is completed it's refurb but I would say that they are not suitable for young children or disabled people refined to a chair or have great difficulty walking, I would also say that the owner Barbara needs to go on a course for people management as she isn't the nicest of people!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are bigger
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Frances G
CraigYDonBlackpool, Owner at Hotel Craig-Y-Don, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
This family seemed so happy when they were here and on departure were asked if everything had been ok. Very surprised at their comments. We had to tell the mother of the baby not to go in the bar kitchen and use the microwave, this is against hotel policy. They only booked bed and breakfast and wanted to feed the baby in the lounge, if they had booked evening meal we have full facilities in the dining room for infants. Her father was disabled and we had put her parents in a ground floor room, but her mother insisted on a seaview. We explained that all the seaview rooms had 5 steps up to them but she insisted and let her husband struggle all week. What can you do!
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

Decided to go to Blackpool last minute- when we arrived we were made to feel very welcome- myself & the 2 kids stayed 1 night & we had no complaints- good breakfast & freview in the room was handy for keeping the kids quiet while i went for a bath. Great location & bar snacks are a good price. Many thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

The Craig-y-don hotel is only a short walk to town and the beach is just across the road. the views for the lounge look out to sea, the hotel has a lift to all floors . the staff are very friendly and so friendly nothing is to much trouble. the pool table and games room kept the kids busy tthe hotel has wi-fi so i was able to send emails which was a bonus , Rooms are clean and tidy . The garden out the front has a lovely pond and was the idea place to watch the local air show . we would stay again and recommend to all my famley and friends

Room Tip: we had room 43 a lovely sea view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
durham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Me and the wife stopped here for a week end, nice clean modern room, flat screen tele on wall,self serve brekkie really yummy eat as much as u like, good atmostphere, all in all very happy would defo recomend .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barry_traynor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

We have just got back from a great weekend in Blackpool. We found the hotel great value for money and the staff went out of their way to help us.
Our room was clean and lovely and the entertainment was brilliant.
We will definitely be returning again soon!
Thankyou