“A true diamond of a hotel!”
Review of Hotel Craig-Y-Don

and 1 more site!
Hotel Craig-Y-Don
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 14 October 2013

There's so much I can say about the Craig Y Don and not one bad thing comes to mind. This has been mine and my family's retreat in Blackpool for years...each year only gets better, that's both Blackpool and the Craig Y Don.
The Owners, Staff & Family are very, very pleasant people who's concern is always made clear. That concern being the quality of their guest's stay being the very best. If I was to have a problem, I know I wouldn't feel guilty nor would I feel like a pest. The owners of this hotel are true professionals.

I've stayed in a number of the hotel's rooms over the years, all being sea view...and when I say Sea View, I mean SEA VIEW. The windows are MASSIVE! :) All of the rooms have been spotlessly clean, fresh and of brilliant size. To also come back, after a long day of walking Blackpool's Prom 10x over, it's great to have your bed made. Don't get me wrong, I can make a bed! Not like the CYD's housekeeping staff though ;)
The location is also perfect. Right in the middle of Blackpool's golden mile with Central Pier (the best Pier in my opinion) on your doorstep! You also get a great view of the Illuminations if you choose the Light's season.

The Craig Y Don is also GREAT value for money. Compared to some of the back street hotels/B&Bs I stayed at before this hotel, there really is no comparison. I was paying the same sort of money for a place which didn't have the views, professionalism and overall quality of the Craig Y Don.

The food is also faultless. I always book in for breakfast and booked in for evening meal when I didn't have any shows of the night to visit. Both meals were hot, fresh and great tasting. And trust me, I have a fussy family of eaters! I have one who likes their bacon still oinking on the plate and another who prefers hers to be cremated- all tastes and preferences are taken care of!

Entertainment! This is one of my enjoyments of Blackpool. To have your hotel provide you which equally good entertainment is a massive bonus for me and my family. Nothing cheap or cringe worthy! Just some great artists, performing some great songs from a range of eras.

I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone- families, couples, EVERYONE. Never mind 'I will be booking again'...I've already booked for next year!! ;)

Denise & Family. X

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Denise D
There are newer reviews for Hotel Craig-Y-Don

Reviewed 14 October 2013

stay in this hotel was great staff room meals all great location fab only down side was entertainment on sat that woman would make your ears bleed did not wait to see next act went to the royal seabank and had a great night . would go back to stay in hotel but may have to go out for entertainment if it did not get any better

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie L
CraigYDonBlackpool, Owner at Hotel Craig-Y-Don, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear guest thankyou for the great comments. On the subject of the entertainment on sat eve, the lady singer is someone we do not normally have she was a last minute replacement for our usual singer who was not well. I have to agree she wasnt very good and we certainly wont rebook her . Shame you didnt stay for the second act he always does the 10pm slot on sat eve and is very good. He also sings at the Royal Seabank!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Me And My Husband Stayed There With My 2 Year Old Granddaughter. We Had A Lovely 4 Night Stay. And Were Made Very Welcome By Owners And Staff. Rooms Were Lovely And Clean. And Really Enjoyed The Entertainment. Will Be Booking Again. Would Recommend This Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Craig Y Don is an absolute favourite for all! Barbara is a wonderful lady who I have spoken to regularly and what a great Facebook page! :) Wayne

Great location! Great people! Great food! Great Entertainment, Craig Y Don Rocks!

Room Tip: Have a good dance with Craig Y Donkey!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank wayne d
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Lovely clean hotel and fab food, buffet style breakfast and choice of menu for evening meal.Evening entertainment was good, and staff very pleasant.This was our first stay at craig y don and will defiantly be going again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

First and best hotel we have stayed in for a long time. Cleanliness was superb. Staff could not do more for us if they tried, gave us extra quilt as bed was too firm for us and extra pillows to easy our comfort :), Entertainment was an added bonus , Can't wait to get back next year :). Thank you to all at the Hotel for a truly tremendous long weekend, Waking up in the mornings without that mouthwatering breakfast just isn't the same :(. See you all again next year :). The fancy dress night on the Saturday was the pinnacle, so much effort was put in by all staff and guests.

Room Tip: we had room 18 and i have to say we never heard a thing at night was so quite :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Went there on the 27th of Sept till 30th Sept.( Glasgow Sept weekend ) Liz and myself went with another 18 couples,fun from start to finish, on the saturday ngt we had a fancy dress party and fair play to nearly everyone who took part in it.(we won it ) lol...maw n paw..
Anyway bk to the hotel.management excellent. Bar staff excellent, restuarant staff excellent, prices at bar, where ok, the food for brekkie was self service,eat what you wanted no one bothered,meal times te staff gave u the main part of your mealthen the rest was yours.
The room we where in was very spacious and very clean,the hotel central and right on the front,everything on your doorstep,the entertainment was ok not to brill but with a good drink it got better lol.
Our crowd has booked up for next year,we cant wait.if you have not been at this hotel..try it,you will love it.

Room Tip: Lifts to all floors, ask for seaview'
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business