The Colwyn Hotel
Big Blue Hotel(Blackpool)
The Headlands(Blackpool)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstram stoppleasure beachsea viewgreat hotelfamily roomtoastfull englishbreakfast was excellentpool tablechoice of cerealsnext yearsingle roomwould stay againcooked breakfasttea coffee making facilitiesyogurtlast minute booking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I have been going to blackpool for twenty years and this is the best hotel ive stayed in and breakfast was exquisite. Finally bacon cooked properly. Room was spacious and clean. The staff were attentive and professional. What more do you want

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed for one night and had a family room and a double room. Check in was speedy and although we were 2 hours early the lovely lady said we could put our luggage in the room that was ready. The rooms were spotlessly clean as were the bathrooms with tea/coffee making facilities and a flat screen tv. My only complaint is the bed was very 'creaky' which did wake us up when turning over. The breakfast was excellent, with plenty of cereals,croissants,fresh melon and fruit juices. The staff were very attentive delivering coffee,tea and toast to the table before our lovely full English was served. Free WiFi, a computer, pool table, tv's with Playstations and an abundance of local information was all available. Overall a gem of a hotel and if was to visit Blackpool again I would definitely stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend from the 4th - 6th of August in room 105 and we loved every minute.

The staff were extremely friendly upon welcome and after explaining a few things (Breakfast times, etc) guided us to our room and left us to get settled in. The room itself was fab with a great view of the ocean and was very clean. Breakfast in the morning was great with a selection of juices, fruit, croissants, spreads and cereal to chose from before a full English breakfast.

The location of the hotel is convenient as it is located opposite a tram stop that takes you along the promenade, which is great as it runs to around 2am and you can return to the hotel at anytime as long as you don't disturb other guests upon entering.

For the last night we decided to stay in the hotel and enjoyed playing pool and having a few drinks at the bar (which was open until late). We were due to check out before 10am but our train back home wasn't until 7pm. The staff at the hotel were happy to keep our bags until we were ready to collect them.

Overall fabulous stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed 4th to 8th very pleasant stay,breakfast was not small portion and plenty of choice. yes a little dated but very clean that goes along way in blackpool.Tram just outside hotel very handy.If you needed any info owner Mr.Rupert and his staff always on hand to help.Never had a problem getting a drink and my boys played pool and darts when we came in at night.My only complaint was the bed not comfortable. All beds clean and fresh. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Colwyn Hotel is a great hotel. Fantastic location next to the Pleasure Beach and the tram stop. Very pleasant, clean and friendly staff to welcome you. Breakfast was really good and the quality excellent.

We only stayed the one night. However, I would have no hesitation in returning and I would highly recommend it.

Staff also go the exta mile as I have left one of my belongings behind. The owner telephoned me and I was able to return to collect it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family