“Excellent..as always”
Review of Jesmond Dene Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jesmond Dene Hotel
Ranked #111 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Hawick,Scotland
“Excellent..as always”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We have just returned home from another stay at The Jesmond Dene and it was fab, as was our previous stay. Ron and Diane are the perfect hosts and can never do enough for you. My 8yr old son just loves staying here, plenty to keep him occupied with the computer room..unlimited internet..Xbox360 and lego. Ron's breakfast sets you up for the day and Diane is always on hand with a cuppa if you want. Rooms are spotless..beds are so comfy. It really does feel like visiting friends when you stay here. We will be back again soon.

1 Thank Whitefamily24

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Jesmond Dene Over the Easter holiday, we hadn't stayed there before, in fact we hadn't stayed in Blackpool for about ten years (lots of day trips though).
Now where do I begin?
The Hotel
The Jesmond Dene is a lovely little hotel on St Chads Road which is one of the quieter streets in Blackpool and only a stone's throw from the promenade and the new tram stop. As a small hotel it has everything you need, a comfy lounge where you can enjoy a nice drink, a nice dining room for meals, I will come to that later, A nice selection of bedrooms that are tastefully decorated and very comfortable, when we arrived, we were originally booked into room six, but Diane the landlady offered us to take a look at room eight, a bit more spacious (family room) but the same price, we choose room eight. Now for something different, right at the front of the hotel on the ground floor is the computer room, fully equipped with 3 computers with broadband access, handy for checking trip advisor, twitter or facebook or just general internet use. There is also for the children (and some adults) an Xbox 360 with a good selection of games, the Jesmond Dene even has WiFi throughout, and all the technological goodies are free of charge.
Your Hosts
Ron and Diane are a delight to know, they make it seem not like your staying as a paying guest in a hotel, but as if you are old friends that have been invited to stay in their home, as many other reviewers have mentioned my wife and I had hardly stepped over the threshold when Diane offered us a cuppa, Diane must brew up 50 times a day, at least. They even sorted out some 2 for 1 vouchers for the major attractions for us. After returning from a long day in Blackpool at about 9:30pm on the Saturday Diane asked why I hadn't put the please make over my room card on the room door, I actually hadn't realised I had to, Diane offered to go upstairs and make over the room at this late hour, I declined. It's this level of service and friendliness that makes your stay wonderful.
The Food
Many, Many reviewers have commented on Ron's wonderful breakfast, now for my superlatives:
Excellent, Fabulous, Great and Tasty, Tell you what lets have some more details. Breakfast consists of Fruit juice, Tea or Coffee, Cereals, Toast and then a choice e.g. Baked beans on toast, poached eggs on toast, or the wonderful (Whoops another superlative) Full English, containing bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, fried egg, tomatoes and fried bread, one young guest even asked for a bacon sandwich using fried bread (sounds quite good doesn't it?) any of these hearty repast's is sure to set anybody up for a day in Blackpool.
Overall
Very nice host's, Comfortable surroundings and great breakfasts, will mean you will have a great stay, but it's the little touches that mean so much, such as Easter eggs for everyone on Easter Sunday.
It was our wedding anniversary while we were at the Jesmond Dene, which resulted in a very nice surprise from Ron and Diane, All I will say about it is Thank You and it was very nice.
This is a fabulous (More superlatives) place to stay, you won't be disappointed
We will be returning, Maybe during the lights, if not then next year.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Where do I begin, We arrived on Friday 6/4/12, and was greeted by Diane the Best landlady We have ever stayed with we had only just got through the door when we were offered tea or coffee, then we met Ron, Diane and Ron are two of the nicest hosts you could ever wish to meet, they are very friendly and fun to be around when we were shown our room we had a choice of two room 6 nice double or room 8 lovely family room, we picked 8 as this is a larger room and we are big people, there hotel is very clean tidy and very welcoming, we didn't feel like paying guests we felt like people revisiting friends, one of the nicest things was on Easter Sunday there was a mini Easter egg under your cup, which we both thought was a very special touch, there is also internet access if you have a net book or laptop, or even computers in there computer room, also a xbox 360 with a good choice of games, (my husband loved this) Ron does the breakfast in the morning and i can tell you now it is fantastic, theirs a choice of cereals and fresh toast, jams marmalade butter, tea or coffee and orange juice, then we come to the actual breakfast itself, WOW. bacon,eggs,fried bread,tomatoes,baked beans mushrooms,and the nicest sausages ever. you can have that or a combination of them as Ron is very accommodating and makes sure you dont go away hungry it sets you up for the day. We are going back as soon as possible and this is were we will be staying, hopefully it will be sooner than later, Thanks Diane and Ron for a great weekend hope to be back soon Judith and Philip from Manchester.

Room Tip: Room 8 has a double bed and bunk beds and on-suite with shower it is at the back so nice and quiet a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

stayed here 3 nights,great hotel,diane and ron were very accommodating for children of all ages,as well as adults,we felt like we were in our own home we were made to feel that comfortable,clean,quiet,friendly and a great sleep at night,ron's breakfasts were good set us up for the day the kids got a wee easter egg under their cups,very nice,kids had a ball in the games room,they didn't want to go home,will definately be going back,thanks again diane and ron xx

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

stayed for 3 nights in the jesmond dene and couldnt have asked for a better stay was like a home from home. as soon as i arrived with my young daughter we were greeted by Diane such a warm welcome with a cuppa and was then showed to our room wich was very clean and very comfortable was so relaxing and peaceful. then we met Ron and he also gave us very warm welcome and his breakfast is to die for. Diane and ron looked after me and my daughter very well and i will definetly b goin back no need and i will be recommending it to anyone i know going to blackpool with a family. There is alson a grat games room for the kids also so the kids will never b fed up.Thanks for making our stay brilliant diane and ron will be seeing you again soon love charlene x

Room Tip: all rooms are a good size,clean and have flat screen tvs
Carron, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Welcomed by Diane with a lovely cup of tea and a wee chat.. She let us have our pick of 2 rooms as we had 2 little ones with us. The rooms are very spacious and very very clean, decor is also lovely...Great facilities with computers and games area which kept my 4 year old occupied and most importantly entertained and happy :-)
Breakfast in the morning was brilliant and sets you up for a busy day ahead in Blackpool.
I will definetly be recommending your place to all my friends... Keep up the good work Diane & Ron and see you again soon x

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed at the jesmond dene for the weekend and couldn't have asked for a better stay. The room was clean, looked beautiful and was very comfortable. There was no roudy noise so I had a very relaxing stay. And the best thing of all was the hotel owners, frankly the nicest couple I have met. Very warm and welcoming and couldn't do enough for u. Over all a brilliant stay and I would highly recomend staying ther as I will without a doubt be going back myself :) x

• Stayed February 2012