“sharon and alan,lovelly room”
Review of Leverdale Hotel

Leverdale Hotel
Ranked #423 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2013

we decided at the last minute to go to blackpool for the weekend with my daughter and her friend and had a ball the staff went out of theyre way to make us feel welcome after our 4 and a half hour drive,room was lovely spotlessly clean and the linen and towels brilliant white.when staying in blackpool accommodation can be a bit hit or miss but the leverdale is a cut above the rest,no problem with the parking either we asked when checking out if we could leave the car there for a couple of hours and there was no problems at all.will definately be going back to this hotel thank you so much guys

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Myself n my husband went for our anniversary. We stayed there as it was suppose to have had good reports.
However we arrived at 1:30 and our room wasn't ready. We was told to come back in a few hours. We had to walk seen as our car keys had been taken off us. We came back at 3. We went to a far back 3rd floor room that absolutely stank of gas so much it made me feel sick. The keys didnt work in the doorlock, the kettle lead didnt reach the plug socket so kettle had to go on floor. No cups either. I asked to be moved which they did after we had to wait another hr until that was ready.
What a joke! The ceiling paint peeling n flaking off, radiator hanging off wall, kettle handle broke off, shower was old n cold. Then to top it off we found faeces stain on bed cover. OMG!
We complained and they didn't seem at all apologetic or shocked. Disgusting n disgraceful artitude n management.(The restaurant staff were excellent..)
Our car was also left unlocked n moved several times pathetic..

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank debio21
sstark2, Manager at Leverdale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

May I say.......we are very shocked at your review.....we moved you from the first room as you said you could smell gas........(we think possibly the outside drains) Check in is 2pm of course some rooms will not be ready if you arrive early.

We only move cars when its absolutely necessary. If anyone has a problem leaving keys, you have the choice to find alterative parking.

We have rooms to suit all pockets .......we apologised for the stain, housekeeping put it right immediately which you failed to say. It was rust, it came from the laundry. You really shouldn't make statements like that. Its very unfair.
All issues stated have been put right, including papering the ceiling.

Regards

Reviewed 16 August 2013

me and my wife spent 2 nights here.the room was a nice size,clean and the bed was very comfortable.all the staff were very friendly and attentive.there just happened to be an air show on the 2 days we were there,which was very enjoyable.
graham&(smiley)sue.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Phoned to say a ground floor room was needed as mum can not walk upstairs. On arrival told our room had been given to a man in the hotel already as the lift was broke. Sorry as she didn't make a note that ground floor was essential. Phoned other hotels and couldn't get us a room. Returned money paid but refused to pay for petrol wasted (approx. £30). Not asked to take a seat or offered a drink - we went to the lounge ourselves. So angry I cried as my mum has Alzheimer's and disabled. I also noticed a sign pointing downstairs to the dining room - asked if that's where breakfast was and told yes - how was my mum supposed to get down there? Unbelievable customer care. The entrance was shabby and it didn't smell nice either so I have no idea what the room would have been like.

Room Tip: No idea how you get a room that you want as I asked on the phone specifically for a ground floor roo...
Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Whilst I would like to give this hotel a poor rating, I will not...But this is due to the helpful and hard working staff who really do try their best.
This hotel was booked by using an amazon local discount voucher, but I was told that I also had to pay to upgrade as the standard room the voucher related to was not available.bad experience of using amazon vouchers, Which I will not be doing again ,I will also be contacting Amazon reference this.I paid £99 for a 2 night stay which although isn't extortionate I found it to be over priced for the standard provided. As I said I paid for an upgrade room, god knows how bad the standard room would have room, the upgrade room sported mouldy walls, whistling drafty windows, stained dirty towels that were not changed, a faulty heater that threw out sparks when plugged in to try and warm the cold room, lights that didnt work in the room, a nail that was protruding through the bathroom floor, struggled to find the dining room due to no signage and no staff around, actually found it hidden in the stingy dungeon area of the hotel.To be totally blunt-the hotel did its job, it provided us a base for a couple of nights, we hardly spent anytime in the hotel but we never intended doing,Just one more gripe, the car parking situation is a joke, you have to leave your car key in reception, and my car was moved several times by hotel staff, I dread to think the legal implications of this should something serious happen, i.e your car is left insecure by hotel staff, then it is stolen. unlikely you would think, believe me its not...my car was left unlocked by the hotel staff. I wouldn't return, and I think the amazon local voucher results in you being treated as a second rate guest.
Lesson learnt.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel.
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a 2 night stay. We only booked due to watching a show in Blackpool. We upgraded the room and was shocked to see the room provided. The room had mould on the walls and windows ill fitting, due to high wind outside they whistled all night. There was a nail sticking up from the lino on the bathroom floor. If this was an upgrade I wouldn't like to see a standard room. There was a strange smell outside our room, which smelt like gas. The towels in the room were stained. There was only 1 light bulb working in the room. At 4am the tank outside our room was filling up and woke us up. The car park had room for 12 cars. This is a bonus until you come back to find your boot unlocked and ajar. You leave your keys at the reception, the car was moved at least 3 times by a member of staff. There was no reason why our car needed to be moved as we didn't use it, seemed like they just liked moving the cars around. Not an ideal hotel for people with mobility issues as we were on the 3rd floor and the dining room was in the basement. The breakfast was ok, you had a choice of cereal and juices then a cooked breakfast. I did feel rushed with the shortage of tables. Don't think we will be returning to this hotel again. On leaving we were not asked if we enjoyed our stay, which I think is strange due to them asking you to put reviews on here... We didn't want to complain and make things worse than they already were. I cant see how people would want to stay for a week.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was very disappointed with the Leverdale Hotel, I felt we were fobbed off with an inferior room, as this was changed from the one we were told we had been allocated. I didn't complain as this was just for two nights, and it's not usually my way. but when leaving we were not even asked if everything was ok which proved to me that they knew they had not given the service they should. it was a shame really as the staff were very pleasant, and on the whole the hotel looked clean although our room was inadequately furnished, there was nowhere to hang towels or put toiletries in the bathroom although there was plenty of space to have them.it felt like a child's playroom rather than a hotel room. I wouldn't go back or recommend this to my friends. I booked this hotel with a discount voucher and I am now wondering if they think they should give discount service!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family