“monsoon shower”
Review of Leverdale Hotel

Leverdale Hotel
Ranked #382 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2013

we saw the pictures of room 20 on web site, looked good with great monsoon and jet shower so we booked it. Arrived to room it looked ok ,windows would not lock,cupboard wardrobe would not shut,Bathroom fan not working, shaver light not working, thought good start. But was a lovely view. Had not tried the shower yet, what a joke half of shower door missing replaced with shower curtain, turned shower on water filled shower tray up to top not going down the drain,so i removed plug drain to find it was matted with hairs ,temperature was either red hot or freezing,I was afraid of being burn ,because there was hardly no room in the shower to move,frightened of touching the water temperature gauge .spoke to manager she said use shower in room 17 ,but that was not the point we had paid 180 for 2 night stay or so we thought, when we got bank statement 190 had been charged ?

Room Tip: give it a miss
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
sstark2, Manager at Leverdale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Its important we get good honest feedback, we remember you having a problem with the shower temperature, I also remember we went to the room, you failed to mention raf did get the correct temperature after moving the gauge slightly.

ITS VERY important you call in , If there has been an overcharge of 10.00 we need to ensure this is refunded.

kind regards

Alison

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We booked this hotel via amazon. ( promotion voucher ). On arrival we thought it is a bit out of the way.( in Bispham )but with tram stop over the road and frequent buses no problem.The hotel was clean as were the room.Nothing was too much trouble and the breakfast was up there with the best. Congratulations to Allison &Raf who both work tirelessly to make everyone welcome. A very memorable stay . Anyone who is looking for a good hotel this has to be it. Once again a big thank you to Allison & Raf. Note for allison,sorry but did'nt get a chance to have a cup of tea with your mom when we went to liverpool from your hotel.Keep up the good work! Beryl & Tony Colburn.

Room Tip: If you have someone disabled in your party,let the hotel know and they will put you in rooms that ar...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Very friendly staff , they could not do enough for us, we had a sea view room ,it was very clean and the bed was so confortable, breakfast was excellent and plenty of it, I would recommend this hotel.

1  Thank mickeyb76
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I had a great time with my boy. His eyes lit up as we had the luxury room and sea view. The room was spotless and little extras like guest water was welcomed. The bathroom was pretty impressive too. The light bulb, which was a specific bulb, in the bathroom went out during my stay (1 night) but with in 5 minutes it was replaced. Breakfast was very straight forward and the staff were great. Overall I asked for some quality and we got just that. 10/10. Lee & Finlay, Manchester.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Leonardotaun
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Was given a Groupon voucher by a friend which we upgraded to a sea view room on the top floor. Lovely clean room and sheets, excellent breakfast and really friendly staff.
Convenient location, made good use of the tram and the allday ticket.
Excellent fish and chips from the Bispham Restaurant round the corner.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Very bad hotel, I saw the hotel pictures on website and thought its ok and booked it, but when I went there with my family, it was really worse than the pictures, I had my kids with me and it was not suitable for kids at all, so I asked them to pay my money back( I paid 50% when booking) but they wouldnt agree, after lots of trouble I finally got half of my money refunded, but lost half of it.
High price, bad quality.
I then booked another hotel in blackpool which was much better and clean much cheap than this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mohdwahb
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My fifth return visit to the Leverdale - nice to see Raji & Alison again (the proprietors) who personally run the hotel, & making you feel very welcome without being pretentious. I've stayed in several of their rooms that have been improved & renovated & a couple that need a bit of TLC. Good value for money - if you expect silver service go elsewhere & pay over the top - for the average person looking for a homely base That they can feel at ease in then it's just the ticket. Past experience - if something is not right then speak to Raji or Alison & they will do their utmost to help.

1  Thank MrThundercat