“Yuck”

Yates South Shore Blackpool
Ranked #17 of 95 Nightlife in Blackpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Family bar upstairs with a games room including pool and table tennis and fun bar down stairs with cash prize Karaoke on a Friday night. Free car park free function room and a large beer garden. Kids meals with a free drink only £1.99 2 meals for only £8.99 daily deals chosen meal for only £3.99
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Derby, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Yuck”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Went here for a meal with boyfriend, usually these Yates pubs aren't too bad but this one was terrible. Tables and chairs were all sticky, staff miserable and rude and just stood their gossiping. Needs updating and redecorated. Went to order nachos for starter, they had none. Went to order steak for main, they had none. Food we did order was nothing special, would have enjoyed Mcdonalds more. No lift or disabled access to upstairs family dining area, had to get out my wheelchair and walk up the stairs. Never again will I visit.

2 Thank Stacey L

Burton Latimer
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Got noisy in the evening”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Went upstairs to the 'child-friendly' family section hoping it would not be so crowded and noisy as downstairs. OK for a bit, but we left just after 7 as it got rather unsuitable for families. Korma was very nice though, and a lovely view over the beach

Visited May 2014
north east england
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great pub meal”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We were caught in the rain with our daughters on sat 24th may so ran in (literally) for a meal. One of the door staff told us that the familiy dining area was upstairs, great idea as it was loud downstairs.
Kids meals were great, southern fried chicken gougons and a burger both with chips, only down point was that the burger bun was more of a muffin type and our youngest didnt like it but she just pulled the burger out like normal and ate it lol. The majority of the main meals are 2 for £8.95 and are lovely, chicken, cheese and bacon burger with chips and burger relish was gorgeous, very pleasently suprised that it was a grilled chicken breast :-). The hubby had the chicken melt with chips and again very nice and good portion sizes. Drinks are reasonably priced too.
The highlight of our meal tho was a group of lads on a stag weekend that came upstairs for a meal. They made our daughters laugh as they were dressed up as ladies in full regalia, the stag even entertained our eldest when she asked why he was dressed like that, top bunch of blokes amd a great pub for a family meal.

1 Thank starfish-fan
Lake District, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Miserable rude staff ”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped here as it had outside seating and was a glorious sunny day . James a member of staff was the most miserable rude bar person I have ever met and was rude to me son with learning difficulties and to my elderly mother . The words please and thank you clearly alien to him and when HE opened the wrong beer for my son HE blamed my son for bit stopping him . Luckily I'm a lady as had I have witnessed this myself I would have had him over the counter . HOW dare staff this day and age afford to be rude to customers. Apart from a couple rowing at the back of the pub this place was deserted yet is in a prime location YATES it's time to sell this pub or get a refurb

2 Thank sugarplum24
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“It's like a private pub its that quiet!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Me and my friends had our Friday night in the South Shore Yates and was shocked/pleased how quiet it was.

Karaoke was on but because there was only 8 of us (4 in our group and 4 staff), it seemeds like a private pub just for us - the drinks are what they are - cheap and cheerful and the service was great as we were the only ones there!

The barman were great fun and made us smile that evening - wouldn't have been the same if it was full of people :)

Visited April 2014