“Rude and unprofessional ”

Inglewood Seafront Hotel
Ranked #742 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend and friends last week. When we arrived I was told I hadn't paid, even though the booking website said that my card would be charged when I booked. The woman on reception said that I definitely hadn't been charged and neither had several others that day but that she would check anyway. She said She would let me know later. She didn't let me know so obviously I assumed we hadn't paid, and we had to check out so I paid on leaving and was given a written receipt. When I got home, I realised that the lady that was on reception when we checked in had charged me 160 pounds, which was £40 more than the booking stated. Plus I checked my bank and I had been charged by the booking company so I had paid twice. I have attempted to ask for a refund several times but had no luck. I even contacted the booking website who assured the money would be into bank within a couple of days. I'm still waiting for it.

Furthermore, my friends left the one room a bit messy and the towel rail had broken, they also had a couple of cigarettes in there which was stupid so obviously the hotel were upset. But the lady on reception contacted me and was very rude when I called her back explaining that it wasn't my room and the people that stayed in there would call her in a minute or two. She then hung up on me, and when I contacted the booking company about them charging me twice, they told the booking company they were taking £50 from the money they owed me for damages, even though I told the lady on the phone that the people who damaged the room would give them their card details so they wouldn't charge me.

The rooms were okay, clean and tidy but old and tired looking. The shower was awful and took 5 minutes to heat up, then it was too hot to stand in. There was no soap or handwash, and the kettle was mouldy inside. The bed was comfortable and clean but the door to the room was stiff and kept getting stuck. You could also hear every room in the hotels noise.

Overall, I really wouldn't recommend this hotel and it's staff are unprofessional and dishonest. You will end up paying like I did if you stay here.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Natters91

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here a few years back on a hen weekend with 5 other friends, most awful place I've ever stayed in, only good thing was the location! Rooms were disgusting, dirt everywhere, even the cups had dirt in the bottoms! Hairdryer was pathetic and shower was even worse. Bathroom was tiny, couldn't even fit the sink in there! Didn't trust the staff there so hid all our valuables or took it all out with us. We were watched by the staff when we left and when we came back. !!!!!!STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from this awful hotel, there's many more which are much nicer!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank StephLeam88
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent location right on the promenade. After an initial mix up with our room as we booked through booking.com I received a phone call from the owner (Tina I think) 2 days before we arrived to say unfortunately she didn't have the family room which we originally booked but that there was 2 double rooms side by side available. She also said we could have breakfast for free in the morning as an apology for the inconvience. On arrival the rooms were located on the top floor side by side and had fantastic views of the beach. The beds were made immaculately with fresh clean linen. Walls and furniture could do could do with an upgrade and carpets frayed in parts. Bathroom very outdated but clean. Had a comfortable nights sleep and the cooked breakfast in the morning was delicious ( usually £5 for cooked breakfast toast cereal tea coffee and oj) which is so worth the money.
Overall the hotel was very basic in need of an upgrade but clean and a comfy bed and a breakfast which set us up for the day.
I would stay here again but will book direct with hotel won't be booking through booking.com again.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Turtooe
Reviewed 9 July 2014

....................We wouldn't stay there again if they paid us ! Dreadful place. Really unhelpful staff and very condescending. There's nothing good to say about this place..........................

Room Tip: There aren't any!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank JoJools
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Quite possibly the worst hotel ever. Booked a family room. Couldnt get pram passed cars that cram the tacky car park no help offered. They put us on the top floor! Upon opening the room we were met with heavily stained carpets holes in the doors. SHARP NAILS STICKING OUT OF THE CHEST OF DRAWERS!!!! IN A FAMILY ROOM. Mould and chipped paint hanging off the walls the window latch broke 3inch of dust on the blinds. Broken wardrobe. Urine on the walls in bathroom. Hair and dust behind the bathroom door. Broken shower door. The bunkbeds have slats missing and are held together with nail tacs. They are heavily graffitied. When I booked the room I asked for a travel cot for my son they provided A SINGLE BLOW UP BED WITH NO EXTRA BLANKETS OR BEDDING. The draft at night blew all the carpet up causing a fire hazard as we struggled to get out of the room. The skirting boards were absolutely flithy as were the drawers. They were mouldy. Scared to put my children down on the floor. The staff arent much better I rang with a luggage query after waiting over 10mins at reception to be told "we are all busy making breakfast, I will see if someone can get to you.... after waiting another 10 mins someone came. Im disgusted with my stay and would not advise rats to stay here. Photos taken to use as evidence against any dispute.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Cara S
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel is great nice clean and cheap. The food was lovely but the man on reception when we stayed was really rude. In the morning we went for breakfast and he was in the kitchen talking to someone, moaning about an old couple who were also staying in the hotel I find this unprofessional especially when there are other guests around too listen.
We did stay the year before this and there was a lovely young man on reception and we had a great stay he made our stay that good he was the reason we returned.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank manuismylife
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Recently stated here after being transferred by another hotel and although I was charged the original price not the price this hotel lets out at it was worth it fantastic staff very clean very helpful if I ever go to blackpool again this is where I'll stay

• Stayed: May 2014