“Great fun”

Aberford Hotel
Ranked #255 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Neil and Deborah are great hosts and will ensure that you have a fantastic stay. Located very close to the beach and in walking distance of many attractions. Ask them to get the karaoke out!

Breakfast is plentiful and the choice is great. This is a happy and fun place to be which would work for people of all ages.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

Have just spent Easter weekend in the Aberford hotel and would defiantly stay again. The good reviews are well deserved the owner went beyond helpful and the staff were just as pleasant. If your a breakfast fan then this is defiantly the place for you. Beds, toilets and shower all lovely and clean overall a friendly comfortable place to stay really near to the beach but enough back to be quiet .

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
west midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stay at the Aberford every year when i visit Blackpool and always have a fantastic time here. The Hosts are brilliant and go out of their way to do anything for you. when me and my partner stayed here there was a party going on the Saturday night which everyone was able to join in, they had put entertainment on and a free buffet which was totally unexpected in a small family run hotel. The atmosphere was lovely and we had a brilliant time, it really made our weekend. The breakfast was between 9am and 10.30am and i can say that i have never had a better full English breakfast! and the girl's that serve the breakfast are always pleasant. The location of the hotel is perfect, just off the sea front and about 5 minutes walk into the town we had never felt the need to get a taxi unless the weather is really bad. We have already booked to come again next year with some friends and i can't wait :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Recently stayed at The Aberford Hotel and felt that I simply had to write a review. I've stayed in many B&B's in Blackpool, but this is by far the best value!
The owners were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us, the room was modern and more importantly it was spotlessly clean and the breakfast was huge and cooked to perfection!

We will definitely be coming back in the Summer (We've already booked for a full week!)

Can't recommend highly enough!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

This week I had to stay in Blackpool as I was attending a course throughout the week. I booked into the Aberford from the Sunday night until the following Saturday.
On arrival I was greeted by Neil and Deborah the owners an they made me feel very welcome. As it was late I went straight to bed and I was very pleased with my room as it was very clean warm and comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. In the morning I had an excellent grease free full English breakfast.
This was the same every morning... Awesome :-D
Neil was a great laugh through the week as I had a drink in the bar most nights.
All in all it made the week go by hassle free. I have booked for may to return for a weekend with my girlfriend :-D

• Stayed March 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

stayed at the aberford for my birthday night . bedroom was spotless and had everything that you needed . breakfast was excellent and staff were always asking if we wanted anything esle , but the size of the breakfast you could not eat anything else . the only downside was the guests in room 18 , they were very noisey till 4 am in the morning. but you cant blame hotel for bad mannered guests

Room Tip: ideal central blackpool hotel .
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Neil1130, Owner at Aberford Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Glad you had a great time on your birthday. Hope we will see you again next year. Its a good time to visit as the annual Shozam Festival is on with many events around the theme of circus and magic on the streets and theatres.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights during July when the British Open was on. Major disappointment for us was that breakfast was at 9am and there was no flexibility on that. We had travelled from the other side of the world to see the golf, which meant we would be leaving every day well before 9am. So we then had to buy our breakfast elsewhere, which was ridiculous when we were staying at a bed & breakfast. My room was at the back of the hotel and was surprisingly quite nice with a bit of room to move and a decent bathroom though you had to wait simply forever for the hot water to come through. The tv didn't work nor did the light in the bathroom but all in all happy with my room. My friends room, however, was dreadful. So small you could hardly move and it had the smallest dingiest bathroom I have ever seen. Hardly a thing worked in this room. It was dismal. So if you were to stay in this hotel I think it would depend on the room you get because they obviously differ quite a lot. It was ok but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BrisCaz
Neil1130, Owner at Aberford Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Our breakfast times usually start at 9.00am so that guests can have a relaxed start to their break in Blackpool. We are flexible with the start times as some guests come for competitions at the Winter Gardens/Tower and sometimes need to check-in early at the venue and so we provide an earlier breakfast to accommodate their needs.However, this particular couple arrived late one evening and requested a breakfast for 5.00am. We had no advance warning of this request.This meant we would have to get up at 4.30am and as the other guests and,consequently, ourselves would probably still be in the bar at midnight, I felt this wasn't a reasonable request and so politely refused. This has abviously upset them as the event was in June and they didnt post a comment until December!!