New Hacketts Hotel
  • Pool
Doric Hotel(Blackpool)
Hotel Sheraton(Blackpool)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturkey and tinselgreat entertainmentexcellent value for moneythe ritzfantastic weekendcouldn't do enoughmy mumlong weekendfull englishbingoberniesingerbreakpensionerslaughtramfleetwood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed at the Hackett York for the Valentines Weekend with family & friends, 12 in total. What a good time we had. The valentine meal was delicious and the staff made the night very special. We stayed for three nights. The hotel was such good value for money, the breakfast was Buffett style which was excellent, so much choice and very hot. Our rooms were clean with maid service daily with lots of clean towels. Entertainment over the three nights were fab. Three excellent singers with a D J finishing the night off each night. I must say the 24 hour bar was a bonus. Bernie the hotel owner is such a friendly happy man who greets everyone so warmly, Kim on reception was a star, nothing was to much trouble for her. Dave the bar manager was a credit to the hotel, what a laugh we had with him. He was great with all the children in our group, we really didn't know they were there lol. Scott you deserve a mention such a hard working friendly night porter. We enjoyed the bingo every night and yes we did have a good win. Overall I can honestly say we have stayed in many hotels in Blackpool,but this hotel stands out for being such a very family friendly hotel, we can't wait to come back, if you'll have us that is. Thanks Hackett for making Valentines and my friends birthday one we will never forget . The Bolton Family

Room Tip: Sea view lovely also have upgrade rooms if required
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Debra G
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Me and my husband came to Hacketts York House on Valentines day 2014. What a lovely, enjoyable time we had, so glad we booked here. The staff are so friendly, chatty and helpful. On arrival we were first greeted by 2 friendly members of staff in a bright, airy reception area. We were shown to our seats and introduced to a friendly waitress called Kim, a very polite young lady who provided us with excellent service and made sure all our needs were met. Thanks Kim. The food was very well presented and delicious with excellent choices and it exceeded our expectations as the cost of our booking was value for money. We were chatting to a family on the next table who said this was the 7th time they had come back to Hacketts. The entertainment was composed of a dj and excellent singer also bingo was on offer. Loved it all and I had a dance on the dancefloor with my husband and other guests who were dancing too. At the bar I was served by another lady called Kim. A very nice friendly person who we chatted to for a while. The drinks were cheap which was a bonus. The bar is open 24hrs, we stayed till early hours in the morning. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, I have nothing to complain about. Got a good nights sleep. Breakfast was also delicious with once again excellent service from staff members. I live in Blackpool and have stayed in quite a few other hotels, this was by far the best I will definately reccomend staying at Hacketts and am looking forwand to our next stay. We will be definately returning this year. 10/10 thanks for our pleasurable experience. Mr & Mrs Haworth.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry H
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Went for the weekend with family and friends, most of whom had stayed before. The hotel was very very quiet, our party and just a few others.

The staff are lovely, very pleasant and helpful and make the hotel. They were also good with the kids.

Room was ok but basic compared to other hotels I have stayed in, but it was lovely and warm and clean.

As it was so quiet there was just a DJ on in the evening but he kept us entertained for the two nights.

Breakfast was good but the main meals were just ok, but considering the price we paid, overall it was value for money.

Great for cheap holiday but maybe not the hotel if you want luxury.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I found Hacketts York hotel to be very good indeed. It is very clean, the food is excellent. Nothing is to much trouble for the staff, they are all very helpful and pleasant. I would have no problems staying there again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adan W
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions, it has recently been refurbished to a good standard. There has also been an overhaul on pricing making it excellent value for money. The staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming. Food was lovely. I will definitely be staying again and would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: January 2014