“This is our "holiday home"!!!”
Review of Claremont Hotel

Claremont Hotel
Ranked #19 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Stafford, England, United Kingdom
“This is our "holiday home"!!!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

So good to get back to the familiar surroundings, excellent staff always ready to help, a very good and varied menu plus the 'all inclusive' break is such amazing value. The room was clean and comfy, we always have a sea-view and that makes all the difference to us. Thank you to everyone, once again, will see you again in May.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CindyNewman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Went to the hotel with a group of 20 people for an all inclusive weekend which cost us £119 a piece. All I can say is we had a fantastic time with great food , great drinks and great entertainment.The hotel staff are superb you never have to wait for a thing and they always have a smile on their faces.Rooms are adequate we didn't have a sea view or anything but they were comfortable and clean.The restaurant is really good with a great choice and really well cooked food. The drinks are great you just have to pay a £1 extra for Guinness and ciders but all the other lagers, bitters and shorts are all branded names and are part of the AI package. Entertainment was a singer and a comedian both nights we there and they were really good.
It has been such a great weekend we are already planning to revisit in 2014 EXCELLENT.

1 Thank AndyJill
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My wife and I have just spent our third November weekend at the Claremont with some of our friends. As usual the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room clean and with a comfy bed and sea view. The food was up to its normal, tasty best and the service and presentation first class. We took eighteen of our family there in January to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary. Would I go again? Hopefully in November next year.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are best.
Hawick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Booked this hotel for a weekend with friends really enjoyed our time there. The hotel is at an ideal location within walking distance to the peers and the tower. The hotel itself could of done with a wee coat of paint but it was clean, bed very comfortable, and the food was out of this world. Would I stay in this hotel again........probably.........

1 Thank Jane S
Scotland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We booked this hotel for a weekend break, our first impressions where good we arrived just before 5 pm parking was troublesome but we found a space to the rear of hotel. We checked in and was told to go to the dinning room to book a meal time I did this only to be told no need to book your table is reserved and you can come anytime restaurant open you would think the reception would know this.
We went up to our allocated room 152 our trip to the room you could see this hotel is tired it needs some money spent on it, on arrival at 152 we opened the door to a tiny room every thing was there but this was not a double room it was a single with a double bed in it ( you can always tell only one chair) the room was dark I put the light on to find the window was small and had frosted glass ( like you get in a toilet) the bathroom was tiny in fact you could not sit on toilet it was to close to the wall the shower did not work properly it was not a nice room on the plus side the bed was comfortable.
We went down for dinner I was not expecting much but was shocked the food here is first class the chief has a signature dish and plenty of choice beside helpings where very large and it was filling and very good quality .
The bar prices where reasonable always a plus and the entertainment first class Just a pity the room let it down, so off to bed fed and watered I woke during the night to find people out on the flat roof Smoking they went out the fire escape the room was stinking of stale smoke I slammed the window shut think they got the message as they did not return on the Saturday night.
On my return home I wrote a letter to choice hotels about the room and the smoking I did get a swift response it was a standard letter and not a word about the smoking so I replied and raised this again to be told since the smoking ban they had problems with this and that was that.
So my advice is if you go to this hotel do not accept room 152 and you will get on fine.

I would have accepted the bad room if I had booked via a third party (i.e. late rooms or the like) but I booked direct with the hotel we paid there web price but the weekend still cost us £220.00 for two people for 2 nights I think the hotel treated us badly if I owned a hotel I would alway give the poor rooms to the 3rd party bookers and the better rooms to customers who booked direct .
So to sum up will I use Choice Hotels again my answer yes but not in Blackpool

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get Room 152
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

really enjoyed our stay couldn't fault anything, good food, service and entertainment, the only complaint is the artiste's are not on long enough (half hour) it seems they have been cut back this year.

• Stayed November 2013
Saint Helens, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Our stay at the Claremont was excellent and I would highly recommend it to everyone. Room was very good, bed was comfortable. Food was very good as was the service and the entertainment was good especially the comedians.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room no extra cost.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple