“Excellent stay at the Baron”
Review of The Baron

and 1 more site!
The Baron
Ranked #327 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We had a lovely stay at the Baron, Graham could not do enough for us, we had trouble parking one day and Graham moved his own car so we could park at the front. Breakfast was first class and the service excellent.
Tony &Sheila Hart

Room Tip: nice clean comfy stay..
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
dar_lan, Owner at The Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Hello Tony and Sheila,

thank you for your wonderful comments in your review, I will of course pass them on to the team.
Marian and I look forward to welcoming you to The Baron on future visits to Blackpool that you may have planned

Reviewed 18 June 2011

after going to the baron since 2002 everything was absolutely brilliant.then what happened on our holiday in oct 2010 has made me write this review.our friends were treat like something that you pick up on the bottom of your shoe.and for that reason we will not be returning.and i myself was treat alright but found the attitude of this-what used to be a very friendly place change so quickly.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
dar_lan, Owner at The Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Hello BigEric,

thanks for your review.

I must admit I am a little confused.Mind you give me two shovels and ask me to take my pick and I am confused so I have no chance with your review.

Firstly you stayed with us at The Baron in October 2010 and left a review in June 2011 a full 8 months later.You say that for you everything was fine but you are not going to come again.
The main thrust of your review is that your friends were supposedly spoken to in a detrimental manner.I have to inform you that we have recieved no complaint whatsoever from your friends either in person, by telephone,e-mail nor have they resorted to Trip Advisor.As you say you and your friends have stayed at The Baron on numerous occaisions over the last 9 years.I would have thought that the rapport we had you would have been confident that any problem, percieved or otherwise would have been dealt with courteously and promptly had you mentioned it to us.

When your wife and your friend called in to see us whilst they were on a day trip to Blackpool recently no problem was mentioned and the usual joculariy ensued.Hence my confusion.

We wish you well locating another 4 star Promenade B&B with Sea View rooms some with larger than average showers, a shower stool provided for you, a Lift, level access from the rear Car Park and a convienient secure area to park your wheelchair whilst its battery is being charged.

P.S. does this mean you friends will visit us this year?

signed,

Confused of Blackpool.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

We arrived in Blackpool on a windy, rainy afternoon, walked from the station to the Baron to a lovely welcome. We asked for, and were given, sea view rooms, looking out directly onto the north shore. The rooms were comfortable and welcoming and the breakfast was really delicious, with a great choice, excellently served. ( scrambled egg on toast comes with a design surprise!). It was our friends Ruby wedding and Marian (mine host, with husband Graham) had arranged for a bouquet to be in their room when we arrived. A great stay, great hosts and staff, great value for money and we shall return! Jeff & Heather, Brian & Lynda, Peterborough

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank fenland_traveller60
Reviewed 30 May 2011

A warm welcome was received on arrival and it was really appreciated that the owners had arranged for us to park in the car park of the hotel next door (as the Baron's front car park was full). Excellent room right up on the top floor with sea views and an excellent breakfast. My only minor gripe was that whilst the central heating was on when we arrived at 4pm on returning to the room at 8pm it was somewhat cold and despite me trying to get the radiator to come on, my efforts were in vain.
It is clear that the bedrooms are relatively newly-refurbished and the carpets throughout were immaculate. We will definitely return if we go to Blackpool again.
Blackpool itself was disappointing - the English Defence League's protest march meant that the town was snewing with police officers and the price of drinks in the town was exorbitant - e.g. £8.20 for a vodka mixer and a pint of lager. And, of course, the weather was horrendous!
This does not detract from the fact that the Baron is a little gem of an hotel and I would definitely recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank jeteasy
dar_lan, Owner at The Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

Hello Jeteasy,

thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review.
My apologies for the coolness of your room during the evening.Having read your review we investigated and found that the gas fitter (don't you just love 'em) had not reset the timer properly after our annual service.
Blackpool like any other town or city has to put up with demonstrations and the neccesary Policing, its the price we all have to pay for freedom of speech.
I have to admit the drinks do seem pricey, although the same drinks in the bar at The Baron would have been much less.Just a little plug there folks!
Any Hotelier in any resort in the country will tell you that we always know when its Summer.The rain is warmer.
Everyone knows that the Sun always shines in Blackpool and we have soft Southerly breezes that make the fronds of palm trees on the Promenade gently sway, or is that taking literary license a tad too far?
Thanks once again for your review we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2011

cant fault the baron hotel, we have been 3 times and will be back 6 of may 2011,
food and staff are great and we love the waiter who always does a good breakfast,
see you all soon DAVE and Debbie from OLDHAM

Room Tip: we love where the hotel is on the sea front
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sniffer13
dar_lan, Owner at The Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Hello Sniffer1,

thanks for taking the time to leave a review, particularly such a glowing one.It was great for us to welcome you back here in early May.I wil pass on your comments to Bob our waiter who I am sure will also appreciate your comments.
It will be a pleasure to welcme you both back here on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 February 2011

Hi, I'm Emma Kamara, I am from Stoke-on-Trent and I recently visited The Baron with my daughter my friend and my friends daughter. When i arrived at the The Baron it was evening time. As we arrived the hotel the owner was pleasant and warmly greeted us, he made sure that we were safe and showed us around before we settled. Considering we arrived so late and there was obviously no one else checking in he could and of given us a reasonable discount instead of £40 pp for children too. As we entered the room it was a nice atmosphere and it was very clean, the bathroom was more modern than the bedroom and was completed with a selection of fine soaps and other complementary toiletries, the rooms were very well equipped. Throughout the night and the next morning it turned for the worst, my friend was aware of the personal events that commenced at around 1:00am and concluded around 7:30am, she was very perturbed and tired by the bed squeaking and the walls of her room shaking constantly.
BREAKFAST(!), not only did myself and my friends daughter leave the dining room with 3rd degree burns due to scorching and skin blistering plates but the breakfast was a child's portion. Consisting of 1 rasher of bacon, 1 sausage, 1 hash brown, 1 fried egg and TINNED MUSHROOMS??, the plate had obviously been placed in the oven or furnace for some time as they were SCALDING (!) hot and totally and utterly untouchable (surely not in accordance with heath and safety regulations) .
All in all my stay at The Baron was good to very good and the staff were incredibly polite and pleasant, as the breakfast is a major important point for a lot of hotel guests it needs working on.
Thank you for my stay x.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank emmak25
dar_lan, Owner at The Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2011

Hello Emma,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to add a review.For the most part the review is fair,however one or two points require clarification.
The tarriffs.
The tarriff for the rooms you occupied, at this time of year, is £30 per person per night bed and breakfast. As walk in guests you were shown the rooms and informed that the rate was £30 per person.The rooms and the rate were accepted, payment of £30 per person and NOT £40 per person was made by credit card.If you check your credit card statement you will see the correct amount of £30 per person was debited. On our web-site we state children over 12 are welcome.Both children appeared to me to be well over that and were charged accordingly.
Room 18.
I have to point out that room 18 which is mentioned, is across a corridor and round a corner.It is a single room and was occupied by a regular guest who was attending the Magicians Convention along with several other guests.Could it have been that he was producing elephants from a top hat or could it be that there is a penchant of elasticity with the truth.
Breakfast.
We have found over the years that guests like hot food served on hot plates ( we have been complimented on numerous occassions regarding this) .
We do not possess a furnace nor do we heat plates in the oven,we do however possess a warming cupboard where plates are kept hot untill required. All guests are informed by the waiter that the plates are hot , IF third degree burns were receIved perhaps it would have been wiser to listen to the waiter when he informed you of the hot plates.
Breakfast is refered to as a Childs Portion with tinned mushrooms.Tinned mushrooms have never,ever darkened our store room shelves.It is interesting to note that no mention is made of the numerous choices of cereals,fresh fruit,yoghurt etc. which are all available along with an English breakfast and other selections of hot food. Incidentally all our fesh fruit,fresh vegetables including mushrooms, meat, eggs and sausages are sourced locally.It would seem that a little palate education is in order.Also available is toast with a varied selection of Marmalade, Jams and Honey.
At breakfast everyone is given a menu from which to choose.Guests can tailor their order to their specific requiremnts,if for example they would rather have 2 poached eggs instead of a fried egg on their English breakfast it is absolutely no problem to us at all as all our food is cooked to order and not pre-cooked in advance.Our staff are always available to assist with your selection.
Again thank you for all your positive remarks in your review

Reviewed 18 November 2010

I would like to take this opportunity to say that, The Baron Hotel in Blackpool is a joy to behold. On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by Graham who came across as very accommodating, there is also his wife Marion who is extremely friendly. The hotel is more than ideal for patrons who are Disabled or incapacitated in anyway as there is access to the hotel from the rear of the building for wheelchair users, this is accompanied by an internal lift to most floors. The rooms are spacious enough to accommodate wheelchairs, and Graham is only too glad to assist you in anyway that he can. The rooms are bright and airy and cleaned on a daily basis with clean toewels placed out every second day. There is a spacious lounge with bar which will cater to most needs on request, mine hosts Graham and Marion will join you for a chat during your time in the lounge, and both have a very good sense of humour. The restaurant is well laid out and again very accessable for wheelchair users, as for the food served, your choice of breakfast was wide and varied, to the point of Graham doing whatever you requested within reason of course, Robert the waiter came across as very polite and most helpful and would go out of his way to assist you in anyway at all. On the whole the Five nights that were spent at the Baron were extremely pleasant, I was there with My Father (wheelchair user) and Mother, although we were in Blackpool at the wrong end of the season we were made to feel most welcome, i would more than gladly return to stay at The Baron, and as a result would highly reccommend this Jewel to anyone at all, i would just like to finish by saying that i wish Graham, Marion and there Staff cotinued success for the future.

• Stayed: November 2010
dar_lan, Owner at The Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

Hello Eddymck64,
thank you for your wonderful reveiw.Marian and I are suitably embarrassed.We hope to see you all again in 2011.