“Fantastic”

Ranked #280 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Have just come back from a 2 night stay at the Baron & i have to say it is one of the best hotels in blackpool that me & my partner have stayed at, this was the second time we have stayed. Have stayed at other hotels in blackpool that are not a patch on this one.
The rooms are a very good size & spotless, the bathroom was really clean & modern & could not fault the food. I have always found the owners very warm & pleasant (especially Grahams witty banter ) & are always very approachable to resolve any issues that may arise.
Me & my partner will definately be back next year.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Stayed for 3 nights late October with my semi-invalid mother. Overall it's a really good value excellent little hotel/guest-house - very clean, good facilities, good size rooms, comfy beds, good shower, excellent quality cooked breakfast, nice lounge with reasonably prced bar, very friendly and helpful owners. No real downsides to speak of - I see that another poster has commented on needing four of the four milk cartons per cup of coffee in the bedroom. That's true but if that is all you can find to winge about then you will never find a hotel that satisfies you - I have stayed in 5 star hotels and they use the same silly little milk cartons because, well, if you want coffee and tea facilities in the room then that's the only way to keep milk fresh. Someone else posted that several light bulbs in their room did not work. Admittedly one of the ceiling bulbs in my rather nice room was blown ... the words "life, "a" and "get" spring to mind. I shall write to the hotel to demand my money back ;-)
The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the North pier along the seafront. There are some steps up into the hotel just after the front door which I was happy to traverse when carrying my mother's wheelchair in and out. The owners have a wheelchair for client's use which they keep by the fornt door if you do not want to carry a wheelchair up these steps (as I was happy to do). Alternatively there is rear access into the hotel without any steps. The lift does only go to the second floor which meant that I had two flights of stairs to climb to my room on the top floor, but the owners had informed me about this when I 'phoned to book and I had the option of choosing a room on a lower floor with lift access had I wanted to. My mother was kindly given a room on the ground floor. All in all, excellent caring service and a really good value hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lift access if you have mobility issues.
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2011

we had a short 2 night stay in the 4 poster room. looking at the pictures on websites does not do the room justice. It is very clean, and roomy with fantastic attention to detail. The bed was massive, bedding very warm. I usually have to ask for extra pillows when I go away, but was more than happy with the quality and size of what we had. The hotel itself was quiet and tastefully decorated, Unfortunatly the breakfast room was a little cramped, and the full breakfast itself was a bit small, but there were other choices of fruit, cereals and juices. Also one other little niggle was the hotel did smell of cigarettes everywere except our own room. and the parrott in the lounge did like to make a mess. I found the staff very friendly and always had a smile. would recommend this hotel to the older generation.

newport shropshire
Reviewed 29 October 2011

i have stayed at the baron many times,when i was working i stayed all over the country courtesy of a company who never argued over hotel or food bills [they did exist once] i find the baron clean freindly and mine hosts always helpful,on occassions[rare] when say a light bulb as gone it is replaced immediately,i can only say health prevailing i will be back i am not very good on my legs and they couldn`t do more to help [---]

Room Tip: just ask if you need more help
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2011

we stayed at the Baron i september 2011 along with my large mobility scooter, graham was a real gent & he couldn't do enough for us to assist with our stay & helping with accomodating my scooter. The hosts were extremely helpful at all times & the breakfast was second to none, thank you so much for making us so welcome, we shall return. We also saw "the Legends Show" it was fantastic value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
walsall
Reviewed 24 October 2011

not sure how this hotel got 4 stars,just got back from a weekend stay there,the room was not too bad except there was 3 lights not working in the ceiling,shower door was off the rails and dint shut properly,the shower its self was coming away from the wall,there was no signs anywhere where the dining room was,the breakfast were very skimpy and was served on like a sandwhich plate,wasnt asked if we wanted beans or toms just got 1/2 a tom 1 sausage,1 bacon,ahs brown egg,the pot of tea we had was like dishwater must use cheapy tea bags,it says it has ample parking but it hasnt,you have to leave your car keys with the owner incase he has to move your car ,no mention of that on the website,we used our car one day when we came back we couldnt park anywhere ,on the door as you go out it says have you left your keys with reception (car keys) there is no reception what so ever ,when we left there was no have you enjoyed your stay or anything and his wife is very moody not someone you could approach ,the tea and coffee making facilities you had in your room was very skimpy 4 little milks (we needed 4 in one coffee)4 coffee sachets i suggest you buy some milk and take it with you,for £70.00 a night for a double room with breakfast in my opinion was not woth it the breakfast was very skimpy,and they dont even tell you were the dining room is and there are no signs up any where and no reception ,i would not return to this hotel and would not recomend it and the whole of downstairs stunk of fag smoke

England
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I stayed at The Baron with my partner Friday-Monday to see the illuminations in October. I use to go to Blackpool yearly but my partner had never been. It was my first stay at The Baron. After a long search on the internet The Baron was chosen for its location (nicer north end of Blackpool and seafront location). Parking was available and we selected a seaview room.

When we arrived the car park was full and there was a lot of people waiting to check in. Which was fair enough as we had arrived at check in time (2pm). The owners kindly informed us that there was another car park around the back.

We were shown to our room. The Baron has a lift but I chose the stairs as I don't like lifts. There was a lot of stairs!

The room was a double with a single bed also. En-suite toilet and shower. A lovely sea view, Ample storage, tea and coffee making facilities. The room was clean and the owners were pleasant.

The negatives for the hotel was that there was no bath mat provided so had to step out of the shower onto a cold tiled and slippery when wet floor. There were no plastic cups or glasses to rinse you mouth out with after cleaning your teeth. The opening did not close securely so on our last night when there were 60mph winds this made the room very cold and you could see the curtains moving! We were given biscuits only on the first night and they were never replenished and I remember seeing something on the website about complimentary mineral water which was not in the room.

1 Thank pandora26
dar_lan, Owner at The Baron, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Hello Pandora,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to leave a review and all the positive things you have kindly written.
As you rightly say we are extremely busy at The Baron and unfortunately we overlooked the hygenically wrapped beakers and the mineral water etc.
We have whipped the member of the team concerned with rusty barbed wire to within an inch of his life and hopefully he will not forget again!
In fairness had it been mentioned when the omission was noticed it would have been attended to immediately.As it was things were put right the following morning when the room was serviced.
Regarding your concerns about the slippery en-suite floor you need not have worried.Approximately 2 years ago when we refurbished all 20 en-suite bath and shower rooms we specifically chose non slip flooring recommended by our builder.
Incidentally the heating in all our rooms is controlled by thermastatic valves on the radiators.
Thanks once again for your review we look forward to welcoming you to The Baron on your next visit to Blackpool.