“Nice Hotel Overpriced”
Review of The Baron

The Baron
Ranked #308 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed here for New year £40 per person Bed & breakfast in a Superior Room. The only thing that was superior was the bathroom obviously just been refurbished to a high standard. Room itself was basic good quality carpet but a bit old fashioned stayed in room 11. Breakfast was very good but felt a bit cramped in the dining room as though everyone was on top of you. Stay in Blackpool on a regular basis and have stayed in a lot better and cheaper than this.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Baron

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Just got back from a short break at The Baron Hotel. There was more than adequate parking which is a rare thing in Blackpool. The Hotel was very welcoming, clean and comfortable. Both the bedroom and bathroom were a good size, ours had both a shower and bath! Bed was comfortable and everywhere was very clean. Upon arrival we were given a choice of room and the hospitality from start to finish was perfect. The breakfasts were the best ever with so much choice.
Barney the African Grey parrot was a real hit with us both. Will definitely be returning when we visit Blackpool again. Thanks for a great break.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Able to park on a busy weekend, warm welcome, rooms a good size, beds are very comfortable, the whole place is very clean. Bathroom was big with shower and bath. However, for the same price you could stay in a very modern hotel with 24 hour reception (hotel is tradionally decorated and has plastic flowers/ivy everywhere?), room service, buffet breakfast and a resturant on site, so I thought it was a little over priced at £70 per night. I think £50 per night is a fair price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happyaslarry2011
dar_lan, Owner at The Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Hello
Thanks for your kind comments about the cleanliness,size of the room,bathroom and superking size bed it was much appreciated.

There are a couple of comments that puzzled me however.

We know from recent personal experience that modern chain Hotels charge extra for breakfast and parking.We were recently charged an extra £15 per person per day for breakfast which was buffet style and not waitress served as ours is. In addition to that, parking was £7.50 per day extra whereas we do not make a charge.Our tariff includes both parking and an extensive choice of breakfast menu, but it is fair to say that there was a 24hrs reception facility.

When making comparisons you have to compare like for like.If you had done that as we have you would of found our tariff very competative, as we did from our research.
Interestingly whilst staying with us you chose to extend your stay rather than move to the modern hotel,we find that curious.

Now I know that I am not an horticultralist by any stretch of the imagination,in fact when I have laid a lawn my wife has had to lean out of the bedroom window and shout "green side up" but even I know the ivy is real and the flowers are fresh.
Maybe it would of been prudent to put finger to petal before finger to keyboard

Reviewed 6 November 2011

Just got back from a 2 night stay at The Baron with my husband, brother in law and sister in law, plenty of parking spaces, very warm welcome, rooms were good size and bathroom lovely and clean, breakfast lovely with a good variarty of cereal, fruit juices and yogurts and the english breakfast was cooked to order, there was also a continental choice. we also made a new friend Barny the african grey parrot. Will definitley be returning,

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank luzzer1
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We have just spent a lovely weekend in Blackpool at the Baron Hotel. The room and en suite bathroom were spotlessly clean, comfortable and we had a beach view as promised. Our initial welcome was very warm and this friendliness continued for the duration of our stay. The breakfast's were delicious with so much choice available. Everything was cooked to order and served quickly and efficiently. When we return to Blackpool we know which hotel to choose.
Derrick and Caroline C.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Have just come back from a 2 night stay at the Baron & i have to say it is one of the best hotels in blackpool that me & my partner have stayed at, this was the second time we have stayed. Have stayed at other hotels in blackpool that are not a patch on this one.
The rooms are a very good size & spotless, the bathroom was really clean & modern & could not fault the food. I have always found the owners very warm & pleasant (especially Grahams witty banter ) & are always very approachable to resolve any issues that may arise.
Me & my partner will definately be back next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Stayed for 3 nights late October with my semi-invalid mother. Overall it's a really good value excellent little hotel/guest-house - very clean, good facilities, good size rooms, comfy beds, good shower, excellent quality cooked breakfast, nice lounge with reasonably prced bar, very friendly and helpful owners. No real downsides to speak of - I see that another poster has commented on needing four of the four milk cartons per cup of coffee in the bedroom. That's true but if that is all you can find to winge about then you will never find a hotel that satisfies you - I have stayed in 5 star hotels and they use the same silly little milk cartons because, well, if you want coffee and tea facilities in the room then that's the only way to keep milk fresh. Someone else posted that several light bulbs in their room did not work. Admittedly one of the ceiling bulbs in my rather nice room was blown ... the words "life, "a" and "get" spring to mind. I shall write to the hotel to demand my money back ;-)
The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the North pier along the seafront. There are some steps up into the hotel just after the front door which I was happy to traverse when carrying my mother's wheelchair in and out. The owners have a wheelchair for client's use which they keep by the fornt door if you do not want to carry a wheelchair up these steps (as I was happy to do). Alternatively there is rear access into the hotel without any steps. The lift does only go to the second floor which meant that I had two flights of stairs to climb to my room on the top floor, but the owners had informed me about this when I 'phoned to book and I had the option of choosing a room on a lower floor with lift access had I wanted to. My mother was kindly given a room on the ground floor. All in all, excellent caring service and a really good value hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lift access if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family