“a great holiday at the strand”
Review of The Strand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
The Strand Hotel
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 18 October 2013

we have just arrived home from a 4 day break at the strand, we were all made to feel very welcome the staff couldnt have been more helpfull the food was excellent too.
The rooms were clean and tidy cant praise them eneough. all in all afantastic holiday thank you the strand...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard D
There are newer reviews for The Strand Hotel

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My mum, young daughter and myself have just returned from an excellent short break at the Strand. It is a lovely, modern hotel - and we are so glad that we chose this one over all the others. All the staff are so friendly and helpful - especially the waitresses. I have to make a special mention about Jamie (who has only been working there for 3 weeks) , she was brilliant - especially with my daughter. The evening meals were very good - different choices each night and the breakfast was delicious. The Strand is in a perfect location - just next to a bus stop and across from a tram stop, quiet enough for our family stay, but close enough if you did want to go out at night. It was definitely worth paying a little more for a sea view. All in all, a superb trip - we will back!

Room Tip: It was definitely worth paying a little more for a sea view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dolley22
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Strand with my young son for 4 nights in September. The hotel offers a fantastic child stays free package for dinner, bed and breakfast so I only paid for myself! We had a family room with a double bed and bunk beds with Seaview which was great for us but probably a bit small for a family of 4. The food (both breakfast and dinner) was delicious, I've never seen my 4 year old eat so much! Both the barman (tall, glasses, alan?) and the polish girl in the restaurant (short blonde hair) were lovely. I was slightly worried that the hotel was a bit out of town but there's a tram stop right outside making it really easy to get to any of the main attractions. The only negative is that the base of the shower could have been cleaner, we returned to the room one morning to find a housekeeper scrubbing it but would have preferred this to be done before we arrived!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Hascar13
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Visited The Strand for one night on the 12th October with my parents and two children aged 11 & 8.
I had a sea view room 204 with double bed, plus single for daughter - my parents had room 203 next door.
Room 203 was smaller than 204 - both adequate for one night stay.
Able to check in just after 1.00 tea / coffee making facilities plus 2 bottles of water, fresh clean white towels on the bed. Hairdryer in 204 but not in 203.
Lift slow but did the job if you weren't able to walk.
Lounge area overlooking the sea downstairs with bar, pool table - live entertainment on in the evening which finished at 11.00 pm.
Some inconsiderate guests talking loudly early hours of the morning which luckily didn't disturb the children - maybe a sign could be put up to remind guests that after 11.00 they should keep the noise down!!
Breakfast was excellent - very pleasant staff, buffet style, selection of cereals, fruit juices, tea, coffee, toast, large selection of hot cooked breakfast - hot plates!! Couldn't fault anything!
Evening meal was available but we didn't have it.
Yes would recommend hotel - lick of paint to the outside would make hotel more appealing and windows in bedroom could do with clean - apart from these small jobs i would say its good value for money.
Free parking available on the side street which was very convenient - also.tram stop just few meters from hotel.
About 15 minute walk to Blackpool Tower.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel best one I've stayed in especially in Blackpool will be back again. Very clean and comfortable if there was one con is that the room was a little on the small size but as we only stayed one night was fine just for the two of us. Friendly and polite staff made everyone welcome.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my mummy and nanna to see the lights. I'm a doggy so not many places let me in but i was a good boy so i hope they let me come back. My bed was very comfy and even though i slept on the floor it was very clean. I had a shower which wasvery clean and well equipped. They even let me use a hairdryer to blowdry my fur. The staff were lovely to me and very helpful. I sat in the bar which had lots of drinks but i prefer water so the nice barman got me a bowl of water. The hotel was quiet at night so i got lots of rest after my tiring walk. The breakfast was amazing! I even got to try some sausage and bacon which was yummy. I will definitely be coming back. I woofed it :)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank beckyboop1986
Reviewed 9 October 2013

once again we held our annual trip from the ciswo club glenrothes, 50 people,in bus party,the stay was brilliant the food the best in blackpool ten out of ten to the staff and drink prices were great 2 75 a pint,a double spirit 2.75,waitresses and frank and karl make our weekend special they cant do enough for everybody,the cabaret friday saturday sunday was excellent.
The owners jane and arron have now bought another hotel round the corner from the strand which is called the strand lodge cant wait to see it open, it is under renovation at the moment.,thanks once again for a brilliant weekend,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends