“A gem amongst alot of old rocks!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Address

The Address
The Address
Ranked #152 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A gem amongst alot of old rocks!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

This place really is amazing. . .the rooms are immaculate, the breakfasts were definitely the best I've ever had and the service was impeccable. From the minute you arrive the husband and wife team go out of their way to make you feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them. It's the little touches that make the difference and Joseph and Kalpana certainly know how to be the perfect hosts. I can't praise them enough and would highly recemmend The Address to anyone!

• Stayed April 2013
Joseph R, Owner at The Address, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear janers88,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Blackpool & for taking the time to post a review of your experience at The Address on TA.
It is great to know that the room, cleanliness & breakfast were up to standards.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kalpana & Joseph.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

My partner and I stayed here as part of a last minute trip away. The owners were lovely although unfortunately we didn't see them much not because they weren't around just due to the fact we only stayed 1 night. We didn't book just basically called and luckily they had room for us. Room was lovely and ready straight away which goes to show they are organised and prepared. Room was lovely, very clean and very well priced a lot better than most dumps in Blackpool!! Breakfast was scrumptious and I was very comfortable eating it, I am a tad picky but it clearly wasn't processed nonsense you can get at a bargain B&B. Sorry we didn't get chance to take your names but thank you very much for our stay and being so helpfull. Vicky & Jonathan. I'm sure we'll come again but book this time!!

• Stayed March 2013
Joseph R, Owner at The Address, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear Vicky R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your 1 night stay at The Address on TA.
We are glad that you were happy with the room & breakfast.
We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Blackpool.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We have just returned today 01.04.13 from a two day family break at The Address and have had a fantastic time. We have been looked after so well by Kalpana and Joseph who make you feel so welcome a lovely couple.. Accommodation is First Class . We had a family room with plenty of space . Location is very well situated everything within walking distance. The Breakfast every morning was lovely and home cooked so much choice and nothing too much trouble .We will certainly be recommending this Hotel we cannot believe how we found this accommodation and at an affordable price. We will certainly be booking to go again when we next have a trip to Blackpool.

M W and family - Tamworth

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Joseph R, Owner at The Address, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Dear mwooll,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent Easter break & for taking the time to post a review on TA.
We are glad that all of you enjoyed your visit.
It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Blackpool.

Cagney101
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have literally just returned from a great stay at The Address and felt the need to express my warm thoughts about the hosts and the accommodation. I'd read the previous reviews and am delighted to be able to report that former visitors aren't just being polite, this place really is a bit of a gem. Joseph and Kalpana create a welcoming environment, from the first moment of offering you refreshments on arrival to delivering your bags to your room.

I LOVE that you order your breakfast the day before so that they can bring it to you at a preset time.

Our group was 3 female friends on a nostagic weekend to see the show Boogie Nights. We had booked the family en suite (2A + 2C) which is more than appropriate for 3 adults as long as one of you don't mind a bunk - I didn't mind it and it was really comfy. In fact it felt rather as though I was on a sleepover at my mates and added to the fun of our weekend.

The room is large with a lot in it and divided in to two areas. The space is well used with a double bed, wardrobe (LOADS of hangers) and drawers in one area (a bit snug but not overly so) and the bunk area has two chairs and a stool. The en suite shower is immediately next to the double bed and those in the bunk room need to pass by the double bed to access it.

The hotel is exceptionally clean and the room seemed fresh and light.

To top it all we were allowed to leave the car outside after check to do a bit more touristing however I wouldn't expect this treat each time, I believe it depends on the number of guests they are expecting on the day.

Aside from the regular Trip Advisor rating scale for me the female friendlyness is up there in my decision making so as per my own female friendly needs :

1) Safe location - the hotel is set just outside of the wonderful Blackpool madness which protected us from the town centre noise while also providing a safe walking distance to the quieter area. It took us (3 women, one in killer heels) 10 - 15 minutes to walk to the Winter Gardens which is close to the tower and we felt pretty safe doing so.

2) Hairdryer - provided. I have long hair that takes FOREVER to dry so those you have to hold down throughout to make it work tend not to work so well for me so I'm in the habit of taking my own anyway. This hotel has that type of dryer and it worked perfectly well for my friend.

3) Mirrors! - Small mirrors, one over the sink and one in the bunk area with a handy shelf, underneath it with body lotion and grooming kit (which I snaffled by the way because it was exactly what I needed at the time). One longer mirror next to the en-suite and finally someone with the common sense to put the mirror next to the hairdryer and the socket! novel idea, some of the bigger chains should take a leaf out of their book.

4) Temperature - radiators in both rooms AND a really useful fan heater that took the edge off what has turned out to the 'the coldest Easter on record'!

5) Sleep quality - Outside was quiet enough, no eejits charging up and down the halls in the middle of the night and my bottom bunk was comfy enough and thankfully not squeaky. Now if only Joseph and Kalpana could so something about my mate's snoring ................

6) Food - By female friendly food I usually mean healthy low cal options and these were on offer but to be honest I would have severly regretted having gone for it because the cooked brekkie was very very delish and tastefully presented on clean, matching crockery. My one regret re the food is not having booked an evening meal at the time of the booking. I would LOVE to try the Indian dishes on offer and next time we stay I will most certainly make sure I don't miss out next time.

7) Chico - sadly not thrown in as one of the little extras provided so I can't credit the hotel for this, however his bare chested part in Boogie Nights was most DEFINITELY female friendly and the surprise of the weekend hence it's worth a mention too!

In summary I would say that if you are faffing about torn between where to stay, just book this one, you wont regret it.

Room Tip: It wasn't clear when booking through other than the direct website that Family en suite (2A + 2C...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cagney101
Joseph R, Owner at The Address, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear Cagney101,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your Boogie night out & for taking the time to post a detailed & descriptive review on TA...................much appreciated & pleasantly surprised as most reviews are short & to the point.
We are really pleased that The Address seems to have ticked all the right boxes with the additional "female friendly" as a bonus.....!
It was a pleasure to have you with us & we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Blackpool.

twinkle16
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed here with my Sister in law and my Niece. Kalpana and Joseph made us feel very welcome and went out of their way to make everything perfect for us. The food was excellent especially the chicken curry. The breakfast is FABULICOUS I normally give breakfast a miss but I couldn't resist Joseph's cooking. If you come to Blackpool this is the place to stay, the rooms are spotless and every need is catered for. We will be staying here again, Most Definitely.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Joseph R, Owner at The Address, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Dear twinkle16,

We are glad that the evening meals, breakfast, rooms & cleanliness 'ticked all the right boxes'...!.
It was a pleasure to host you & we look forward to welcoming you back.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Just got home from a 3 night stay at the Address and would recommend to anyone looking for a clean and friendly hotel. The hosts Joseph and Kalpana are a lovely couple who go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible.The room was clean and spacious and the breakfast was great!. I'd be very happy to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Joseph R, Owner at The Address, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear Mark T,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Blackpool.
We are glad that you enjoyed your trip & appreciate your taking the time to post a review of the Address on TA.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Once again we have had an excellent stay at The Address over New Year. Everything was perfect made to feel welcome thanks to Kalpans and Joseph. Food was great, nothing is too much for our hosts.

We'll be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in have been very quiet even the ones at the front.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Joseph R, Owner at The Address, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Dear David H,

Thank you for staying with us once again.
It is always a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Address on your next visit to Blackpool.