We recently had a family break in this hotel, after seeing their web-site thought it looked ok to stay, looked again today and no where does it say about no lifts, 55 stairs carrying cases to the top floor! Our first room number 32 on first impresseion looked ok but small, twin beds. Problems we had were a disgrace:-
1) The radiator did not work, no heating and it was cold.
2) On the friday evening, we noticed it was very windy in our room with the curtain blowing, looked at the window and the catch was broken, not holding the window closed, hence the coldness in the room. Called reception who came and said the catch was broken! and put small sugar packets together to hold the handle in place! tapped the radiator a few times and said they would get some out to look at it in the next couple of days!
3) The toilet woud not flush, took at least 6 attempts to get tissue down let alone anything else!
4) Saturday morning woken up at 6 am with rain coming through the ceiling and hitting the window cill, it wasn't a small drip either, it had collected quite a puddle all along the window cill and now splashing on the unit, when we pulled back the curtain we noticed mould all up the curtain which had certainly been there a while, so assume this had happened before! called reception and said we wanted to change rooms, we which did.
5) Was told we could move into the room at 10, went to get key and said the other people has not moved out yet so go back in half an hour and it will be ready, this meant they had less than half hour as a family still in the room room, they still had to clean the room and change bed linen in the short space of time.
6) Moved into room later that day, very small, noticed black hairs on the pillow, the bed linen did not smell fresh and when pulled the quilt back there were lots of black hairs on the sheets.
7) Only two choices of cereal, cornflakes and chocolate weetabix, very poor, cooked breakfast was just about edible but the eggs were anaemic.
8) Didn't feel we got any satisfaction, once they had your money they didn't care, oh they gave us a bottle of wine for all our trouble, but when we spoke to other people in the hotel, they too had that offer so that speaks volumes!
It was witnessed by a family member of the bed linen not being changed properly in a room which was being cleaned, sheet was changed but quilt was just shaken and put back on! Very very disappionted and feel their web-site is very misleading, if you have any common sence you will not stay in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Central seafront Blackpool. We are the most central location on the seafront, the closest to The Tower. We have three stars from Visit Britain. All rooms are en-suite with Tv, complimentary tea making facilities and free wi-fi. we have a lovely outside patio area and a licensed bar. ... more less