Ruskin Hotel
US$73
US$85
US$74
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$45
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscabaret weekendturkey and tinselblackpool promotionsdeluxe roomeach eveningnight porterpower showerfood was lovelynext yearrestaurant staffwonderful weekendwonderful hotelbuffet breakfastreception staffbar pricesbit datedbar area
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Enjoyed the food and entertainment was great. The bar area is nice and the drinks are reasonably priced. I requested a nice room when I made the reservation, the room allocated was dreadfull and shabby, also think our room was above the boiler, we had to sleep with a fan on and the window wide open.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank manoocan
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Just enjoyed another excellent 4 night Turkey and Tinsel at The Ruskin Hotel. The price includes 4 course dinner, bed & breakfast and nightly entertainment. As usual the hotel, food and entertainhment were all first class. It is a good reflection of The Ruskin to see so many familiar faces every year, it is now something of a reunion when we go.
We are looking forward to returning in 2012 for the 60's Tribute Weekends and the Cabaret Weekends.
There are a limited number of garage spaces at the hotel.
J & S B North Wales

Room Tip: Superior rooms are available
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Johnhyp
Reviewed 4 December 2011

This is the first time we have stayed in a hotel in the centre of Blackpool. Our room was a little on the small side but we knew space would be at a premium. However the facities in the room were very good, clean, well decorated comfy bed. The public areas were also very comfomtable warm, and relaxing. The food was excellent with high quality ingredients, well cooked with generous portions. Breakfast was of a similar high quality. The staff were friendly helpful and courteous. As you can tell, we enjoyed our stay, hope to return and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roy E
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We called in to see the evening entertinment. Bar staff were friendly and the recptionist. The 'turn' was a man singing songs from the 60's. When he sang Roy Orboson, he sounded just like him ! My friends and I sang a long to every tune. We had great fun recalling old memories the music evoked in us.
I'm sure it would be a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank jean s
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I have just returned from what was supposed to be a much-looked forward to break but was more like an imprisonment. When booking the hotel I explained that I was in a wheelchair and, having stayed there before when I was a bit more mobile, was well aware that the corridors were too narrow for a wheelchair. I was also aware that they did not have rooms which catered for the disabled but could cope with this fact because I had my husband to help me. I explained that I could only manage a few steps with the help of my husband and crutches so would therefore require a room closest to the lift. I was informed that room 129 was only a few steps from the lift and happily accepted this and confirmed the booking. On arrival I completed the paperwork and my husband was given the room key. We went up in the lift and upon exiting my husband told me we were in room 127. I told him that it would be the room closest to the lift (which was indeed room129) but my husband checked and told me we had definitely been given room127. He went in search and found it at the end of the corridor. He went to collect my crutches from the car and the only way to get me to the room was by my getting on my feet and leaning on my crutches and my husband getting on the floor and pushing my feet along the carpet until we finally reached the room. Obviously I was exhausted by the whole experience but this is how I had to reach either the lift or our room each time I wanted to go anywhere. Our plans had been to go out and see the Blackpool lights on Friday evening after dinner. Our experience in the dining room was excellent - my wheelchair did not fit under the table we were shown to so the manager went around the room until he found a table that would accommodate the wheelchair and reserved that table for us until the end of our stay. The food was excellent and the restaurant staff were very friendly. After the meal we had to return to our room to go to the toilet and get ready to go out. We went through the performance of my husband getting back down on the floor to help me along. Unfortunately the corridor was used by guests who needed to get to other areas of the hotel so I was holding everyone up because it took so long to get me along to my room. The other guests continually asked why I had not mentioned my disability when booking and I always responded that I had. By the time I reached my room on Friday after dinner I was so distressed and upset I told my husband I could not face the journey back to the lift again and would not therefore go out to see the lights that evening. On Saturday morning having traversed the corridor in our usual fashion to go to breakfast I asked my husband to take me to the reception desk. The head receptionist (?) dressed in a black suit (might have been the deputy manager) asked if she could be of help. I informed her that I was upset that I had not been given a room close to the lift, how difficult it was for me to get to our room and that I had been informed that I could have room 129. My husband also mentioned that room 101 would have been an easy room to reach had it been available. The receptionist informed me that I could not possibly have been given this information because it was not possible to book specific rooms because it was not hotel policy. She also added that room 129 was now one of their blue ribbon rooms which was at a higher tariff. The indication and tone inferred that I could not possibly afford this. She also added that room 101 was more of a family room catering for more that just 2 and that this also came at a cost and could not possibly be made available to me. This again indicated that I could not afford it. She told me that 127 was the room that had been allocated at the time of booking and that the reservation had been made by "Paul". I told her that my reservation had been made by a lady but she argued with me that I had spoken to a man. My disability is with my legs and not my ears - I do know the difference between a man's voice and a woman's no matter what the pitch. She also told me that there was a note on my booking form that I required a room close to the lift with some kind of reference to my disability. She told me that room 127 was not really far from the lift and that I should be grateful because they could have given me a room much further away from the lift. My husband at this point took me away from the area because he knew how angry and distressed I was becoming at her comments. By Saturday evening when I was meant to be seeing the Lights and watching a demonstration at the Winter Gardens I was so exhausted with the journey to my room after dinner that I again decided I could not face the trip to and from the lift and cancelled my arrangements and sat in the room and watched TV. This was an entirely ruined weekend and i might just as well of stayed at home to watch my much larger TV. This was all down to a policy which to my mind is totally discriminatory against the disabled. I think they need to take a serious look at their policy and also at their customer service training.

Room Tip: Not allowed to make specific requests.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple