“Terrible”

Ranked #480 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Stayed for 3 nights. no refreshments in the room. we had a kettle but no plug to plug it in, no mugs and no tea bags. Only had 2 hand towels in the bathroom so getting dry after a shower was a bit of a task and they were not fresh every day. We also got charged for two rooms instead of just the one so lost out on £120. We were not happy at all. would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kerry123_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed here on FRIDAY 13th July..... our en-suite room was clean comfortable if not a little small.... the staff were brilliant! I asked for decaffeinated tea bags and within minuets they appeared ( fantastic). Shaz and her partner made us feel very welcome with nothing to much trouble!........Breakfast the next morning was very welcome (scummy) with help yourself to toast ans lots of tea/coffee, they even remembered I liked decaf tea...........great stay.

Room Tip: we had room number (9) a none smoking room at the front of the hotel, not noisy......
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed at the Nevada last month and would have been back but we like to try as many different places as we can, so have only stayed the 1 night there as yet,
Room was clean with everything you need...shower, toilet, Tv and Coffee making facilities, Breakfast was good and the host was pleasant and helpful.......would stay there again and would also tell you to take no notice of the negative bad reviews about this place...its clean confortable beds and breakfast was good. .. good value for money

Room Tip: Great value for money, clean friendly
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Rude staff, sharon and partner lexie run this hotel in a manner which suits their life style, in other words if you want something you better hope it dosent get in the way of what they want to do because that means you wont get it. breakfast not served at times stated, bar not open as owners out in the pub, no staff in hotel to approach if you have a problem! lexie was particularly rude during stay, she will think nothing of swearing either at you or in front of you. i was due to stay for 3 nights, in the end i could only take one night of hell so i checked out and went to a lovley place down the road. the rooms are also dirty and cold, my ensuite clearly hadnt been cleaned...... some on elses "hair" in the shower tray. The windows also had some sort of mould growing on the frames as a result of a cold damp room no doubt. cant comment on the food as i never got any, but judging by the cleaning standards of the rooms i dread to think what the kitchen is like so maybe thats not a bad thing!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY, TIME AND STRESS AND GO SOME WHERE ELSE!!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank darkstar27
Liverpool Merseyside
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We went for a birthday celebration, Shaz and Leckie couldn't have made us more welcome. They even decorated my room with birthday banners and balloons. The whole house is clean and welcoming and the breakfast was lovely. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I would definitely recomend this B&B.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Stayed here with my husband for 1night, which was more than enough for us.
- website advertised private parking, just lucky that we got a space on the street.
- clean fresh towels, HA, never got them until 10pm that night and I had to go and ask for them, after already trying to get them earlier but there was noone there to answer the bell.
- booked bed & 'breakfast', advertised between 9-9.30am, we went down at 09.05am to find everywhere in darkness and noone going about, and certainly no smell of cooking breakfast. We had to go and spend more money buying breakfast in a cafe!
- rooms cleaned to a high spec - Ha Ha, it was flithy! I had to go and buy a cheap pair of shoes for fear of walking on the floor in my bare feet! Bathroom door had no handle or lock so therefor we couldnt shut it. Dirty rug on bathroom floor. Shower cubicle was minging. and the bathroom was so small we had to reverse into it.
- Staff, well cant say too much about them as we never saw any of them except the one guy that gave us the towels and the girl that gave us the room key.

To say we were very disappointed is an understatement, we have stayed in Blackpool on many occasions, and this has to be the worst place we have stayed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Surprised by last comment as my elderly mother, teenage son and I stayed the same time for full week and I would disagree with much of what said. Sharon and Lekkie could not have been nicer. Room rates were very reasonable. On arrival my son had conflicts with his laptop and, although nothing to do with the WIFI, the owners went out of their way to get a friend to help fix this to allow him to enjoy his stay. Breakfast was lovely, my Mum was given extra fruit and my son offered eggs and toast to take up to the room when he didnt make it. My mum was invited to leave her wheelchair in the hall to avoid lifting and they organised for a friend to free up a free car parking space opposite, when we discovered we did not have the same mobility badges as used in area. We had 2 rooms on first floor and after a few days when one party left, without prompting my son and I were offered a change of room for a bigger space, which would have involved additional room preparation. We therefore tried 3 rooms in total. All rooms were quite basic but very clean and additional blankets, towels, changes of bedding and linen etc were offered., We did not have a problem with cleanliness. The owners leave you to enjoy your privacy so don't generally check occupied rooms but you only need to ask and anything needed is provided. On my last night the ladies opened the lounge a bit later for me and fixed me some stupendous cocktails on the house which was the highlight of my stay! Poodle cuddles are available on request.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family