“nice little break”
Review of Hotel Nevada

Hotel Nevada
Ranked #482 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I arrived home yesterday after a 2 night stay. A very friendly man checked me in and made me feel welcome, even though I was the only person staying in the hotel that night, he could have easily cancelled my booking, but still went to the trouble of looking after me. My room was small, but had everything I needed and everything was spotless. The breakfasts were lovely, thanks guys.I'd just like to say that the pictures of the front of the hotel need updating, Would definitely stay again. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 December 2013

in thee past we have stayed in a few bed an breakfasts in blackpool and not had a vey good experience but I can honestly say that this was very pleasant. The rooms were nice and clean and the owners couldn't be more helpful and friendly, just glad weve found somewhere where wed come back to.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two nights, upon arrvial we waited 25 minutes at reception awaiting checkin as no one was present.. we had to call the resort owner on the telephone to let them know we were at Reception. We were directed to our room, informed that the lights did not work but that they would be up to fix this soon, we were also told that there was no breakfast due to a leak in the kitchen. Our room was basic, clean, no soap in the bathroom, the lock on the door and the electrics were questionable.. The lights in the bathroom and bedroom did not work and unfortunatly they were never changed or fixed for the duration of our stay, equally the light in the hall way leading into our room also did not work... so while we had a small lamp in the bedroom it was a very dark experience.

As we were out and about we did not spend very long in the hotel, the bar from what we could see was never open and we just came back to sleep. I think that the most concerning thing about the hotel was the very very strong smell of Marijuana that seemed to be in every area of the hotel, especially the corridors, some of the smell has stuck with us and I have had to wash my jacket that was hung on the back of the door.

The Owners were friendly and pleasant, although I do think that they are treating the hotel as a home instead of a buisness and could do with providing the hotel with a little TLC.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I hadn't been to Blackpool before and wanted to be on Lord Street as we were going up for a friends 40th and that's where they would be. This was the only b&b with availability a week before (perhaps this should have rung alarm bells!), so at £59 for a double room including breakfast for two, I went for it.

Ok, it wasn't that bad... we had a very friendly welcome as we arrived from one of the two landladies. The room was small and so dated I thought I had stepped back into 1970s, it still had carpet in the bathroom and the portable telly was least seen about 30 years ago! Having said that, the most important bit is how clean is it and the bed linen was clean and the bathroom, whilst not spotless was certainly not dirty.

Breakfast is only served from 0900-0930, so if you have had a late night you might struggle to make that - but as check out is at 1030 anyway, you may as well try and make it! Toast is a help yourself affair and the full english breakfast was nothing to write home about (cheap sausage, one tomato from the tin, small spoonful of beans, one fried egg and one slice of bacon) but I hadn't expected much for the price - perhaps I should have!!

So in all we only spent the few hours hour that we slept in this b&b. It was clean and friendly, if dated and a bit frayed around the ages but it was what it was, a basic Blackpool b&b.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed here with another person on the 10th of June for four nights. We arrived early evening and was greeted with a cheerful lady who was more than happy to check us in and run through things with us about our stay.

The room was cosy and clean, no complaints what so ever! The bed was so comfortable, was out like a light! The bathroom again was clean with no issues! So quiet and peaceful, so relaxing was not an issue either!

Breakfast was brilliant! Quick and cooked fresh with lots of coffee served with a cheery smile :)

On checking out, we was allowed to leave our bags there until we departed Blackpool without a fee!

We would definitely stay at this hotel as the place was clean and comfortable with friendly staff! Money well spent staying here! Quite Impressed!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gothyrella
Reviewed 11 May 2013

For the first time in my life I am lost for words :) all I can say is amazing. This hotel was PERFECT. It had everything me and my partner needed for us to make our first break away special. Very warm welcome by Sharon , room was perfect for what we needed, the establishment was so clean, breakfast mmmmmm "Devine"
My partners words and she is a chef !!!!!! Sharon made us feel so welcome we even shared a few drinks at night to. will be back defo.
This opinion may I add is coming from a fellow hotelier manger of the a holiday inn
Who has been in the business for ten years SO PLEASE BELIEVE ME WHEN READING THIS IT'S A GREAT PLACE
THANKS GIRLS

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Voijeans7
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Nice clean hotel, excellent location for bars, clubs and shops. Staff were brilliant, very helpful and friendly. "Ushi" the parrot made us laugh with all her chatting and wolf whistling, great to stay at a hotel with smoking rooms. would recommend.

Room Tip: room 8 is lovely, nice to have little table and chairs to sit whilst eating your food