“Excellent!”
Review of The Corona

The Corona
Ranked #22 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Best hotel in Blackpool. Clean and comfortable rooms. Amazing breakfasts. Paul and Richard couldn't do enough for us. Felt like we were at the home of friends rather than a hotel. I have stayed in about 11 Blackpool hotels and The Corona is by far the best.

Room Tip: All rooms decorated to a high standard.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
LancashirePaul, Owner at The Corona, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you so much for the review, we take all points seriously and we take care when preparing guests rooms. I appreciate your time that you have taken and we truly hope to see you return to the Corona again, many thank's
Paul

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have stayed at the Corona several times and never ever have I been conned by the lovely host. Paul and Richard are 2 of the most fabulous people who you will ever meet. We have never been disappointed with the rooms, service, breakfast or how clean and tidy the hotel is. Paul and Richard will do anything to make your stay with them the most comfortable you will have in Blackpool. This is a HIDDEN GEM tucked away behind the Pleasure Beach.
As recent reviews have stated BAD PLAY please do not listen. Book and see for yourself. My words are true!!!
Ask me anything. Kerry

Room Tip: The beach is only a 2 min walk!! Rooms decorated to high standards Lovely bar area with a gorgeou...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you once again for taking your time to write a review. There are people who have given the Corona bad reviews, we understand the hotel is not suited to everyone's taste, style or budget but we work hard along with our staff to offer our guests the best experience possible.
Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My friend won a stay at this BandB at a charity event. We had 2 nights here and absolutely loved it. Great location for beach and pleasure beach. The owners were lovely, as were the other members of staff, and very helpful. They gave a great recommendation for a local italian restaurant (which i think was called San Marcos)- the food was fantastic and early bird offer was £9.95 for 2 courses and a drink. They also recommended the hot ice show which was unbelievable and a very good evening event. The room was lovely, comfortable and very clean. The breakfast was very good and there was a large variety of choice. I would recommend and stay again. Thanks for such a nice few days away.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank amz20

Hello and thank you so much for the lengthy review. We support charities on a regular basis and when we heard about the event that was taking place, I was only to happy to offer a free 2 day stay. This is our 6th charity we have donated to this year. We believe that if we can do just a little bit to help raise funds for cancer, it all adds up. I t is so nice to hear how you appreciated our efforts and how you enjoyed your time at the Corona.
Thank you so much, we hope to see you returning to the Corona.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked a weekend at the Corona as part of my husbands birthday between Friday 18-Sunday 20th July and stayed in room number 4 at the front of the guesthouse. Although we are more used to staying in five star hotels this is the perfect getaway when you want to enjoy Blackpool in the sunshine or rain.
The minute you walk through the door Paul (front of house) and Richard (chef and evening barman) are the perfect hosts, attentive, knowledgable and professional and nothing is too much trouble. I had asked for a bottle of Chardonnay to be ready for us in the room as well as some chocolate covered strawberries and I can say without doubt they were the best we have ever had, I say we but in all honesty it was mainly me as they were so good hubby didn't get much of a look in.
Room number 4 is not the biggest of rooms but tastefully decorated with everything you need and a little bit extra on top, slippers, dressing gown and Elemis bathing products added a little touch of luxury as did the Ferrero Rocher waiting for us ( well yes me again) on the bedside table.
Everywhere was spotlessly clean and well maintained and our only negative during our stay was being woken up at four am ish by some fellow guests, they weren't particularly noisy but the doors do slam a little as they catch and the floors are a little creaky ( something to be expected in a building of this age) but nothing too bad as we managed to get back to sleep. All in all a lovely stay and we will return

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharon-Ann R

Thank you to both of you for choosing the Corona to celebrate your husbands birthday. We value honest comments from guests and appreciate your trust in us as a small hotel.
Richards chocolate strawberries were made just for you, he was over the moon you enjoyed them. We are not a 5 star hotel by any means and as so many guests have said in the past, the rooms are compact and I can agree although they are clean. I would love to stay in a clean small room rather than a large dirty room, I work with our staff to ensure our standards are maintained and any issues are dealt with straight away.
Thank you so much for informative review. We look forward to seeing you return to the Corona and perhaps room 20 might be your next choice. 6FT bed, 42" wall mounted TV?

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were looking to find somewhere to stay for three nights with our young son (10) and our dog. I found The Corona online, and immediately emailed to book. Once the booking had been confirmed (promptly), I then rang to check whether our dog needed to be with us during the day, or if he could remain in the room, as he usually sleeps all day. Paul told me it was fine to leave him in the room, and also said that if we found ourselves out longer than planned, they would take our dog out if necessary, and also that if they heard him pinning, they'd call us. From then onwards, I knew we were in for a treat. The room, along with the rest of the hotel was spotless, even the plants seemed dusted. There is a lovely Spanish feeling courtyard, which we used in the afternoons and evenings for a couple of drinks. The bar prices are very competitive, and whilst the bar is not manned all through the afternoon/evening, we were told that if we wanted another drink to ring the bell, and that this would be no problem, as "we like coming to serve you." We had several long chats with both hosts, who are delightful, and were given two fantastic restaurant recommendations. Breakfast was great - freshly cooked, lots of choice, and lovely staff. I'm quite picky at times, and having been in the trade myself, often see aspects that could be improved upon. We spent three days there, and it was perfect from booking until we left (which was at 5:30am to return for a football tournament - we were offered breakfast pastries and boxes of cereal for the car journey as breakfast was not served at that time of the day.) Can't recommend The Corona, Richard and Paul highly enough. Our son is insisting we return, with his older siblings and our dog, as soon as we possibly can. Thank you Paul and Richard for making our visit so perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Wow, now that is a review, thank you so much for all your positive comments and advice for other guests about your stay. We do accept dogs as you mentioned and we also have a wonderful dog walker who can collect your dog and take them on a daily walk, or if you have a busy schedule and can't find a kennel she can look after him overnight to.
I hope we do see you back with us, and as you said when you stayed, we can accommodate a coach party of friends and family.
Paul & Richard.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hi ALL I recently booked a 2 night stay threw KGB DEALS AT CORONA booked this 2 night stay in feb 14 to travel to corona july 14 - I rang hotel to book this 2 night stay but on arrival surprise surprise hotel Owner had no record of this booking and Then Owner went on to say there had been a problem with KGB even though KGB NEVER informed me the customer.
Owner did give us option to go find other accomadation or THE PUNCH PAY ANOTHER £60 ONTOP OF £69 ALLREADY PAID TOTAL £129 , Owner saying take this up with KGB to claim back money -on return home contact KGB who deny any issues and say no refund as voucher had been used /claimed by Owner Corona Hotel -PLEASE ALL BE VERY AWARE

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank barry s
LancashirePaul, Owner at The Corona, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello, I guess I should thank you for taking time to review the Corona although this review is out of context and you have misrepresented the Corona and myself as a business owner. I have waited to hear from tripadvisor but to this date, they have not contacted me to discuss this review and where we stand as a business.
Firstly if I set the scene to those guests reading your review and my reply:
The guest apparently phoned to enquire about a date to stay, this was February, they turned up 4 months later in July but we did not have a booking in his name, why? because an enquiry is not a booking,
no details were given so without the usual details, we did not have a room reserved in his name, not forgetting he did not pass on details to me such as name address phone number and the most important thing, the KGB ( internet offer) voucher number.
It's all very strange, during the guests stay they had a great time.
It was explained we could accommodate his weekend stay but the voucher would have to be redeemed by me by logging on to the internet and he agreed to this as well as paying a supplement. To our surprise, a bad review was written.
It was strange that his wife did say " I should have checked as he has done this before"
So in closing, we know the review was unjust and after phoning the guest after reading the review I was amazed with his threat of more bad reviews until we paid him £40.00
blackmail comes to mind.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in a side road near the pleasure beach, so its located in the nicer end.
The hotel is well maintained and has its own unique style. It is tastful and you can tell effort has been made for the fine details.
Staff here are really friendly and like to look after you.
Rooms are small but clean and tidy.
I would defenatly return here if I visit Blackpool again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarahjon25

Thank you so much, our rooms are clean and tidy and as you pointed out, we are in the nicer end of town away from all the noise but only a short walk to be in amongst it. We took our time when looking for a property to buy as we live here all year and we wanted a nice neighbourhood.
I hope we do see you again on your next Blackpool visit.
Paul & Richard.