“very good hotel with a few niggles”
Review of The Corona

The Corona
Ranked #23 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I like the corona and have stayed here before. It is a bit more pricey than some places i have stayed in Blackpool but for that you get a very clean room, good breakfast, friendly staff and of course a great location if you are in Blackpool for the Pleasure Beach.

However, i do unfortunately have a couple of niggles on this occasion. I did specifically request on my booking for my room not to be at the top of a staircase. Unfortunately our room was, although its reasonable a request cannot be guaranteed though it would have been nice to have this request acknowledged. Also, we found the room to be on the small side meaning our tea making facilities were in the wardrobe. This dissapointed me quite a bit due to the amounts i had paid and played on my mind throughout our stay almost making me feel we had been given the odd room.

Overall though, i will likely book again as it ticks the majority of boxes.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spike1911

Reviewed 1 November 2010

Travelled here with family and met up with another family through whom we booked. Had a lovely warm welcome and were given clear instructions on how to get in after hours etc. If I had to be picky, the only negative was the size of the rooms. In our room we had a double bed and bunk beds for the kids. Not much room for 4 people and the ensuite, although spotlessly clean, was really small. Our friends' room was also quite small with and odd layout. It was also extremely warm in the room even with the heating turned lower and the window open which made it difficult for me to sleep well - I like my room cool to middling.
But enough of the negative, lets get on to the positive. At first our tv wasn't working - they couldn't do enough to try and get it working again - in the end it was a tiny loose wire which was fixed. Everything else in good working order. Enough storage space and a nice wide ledge in en-suite for my beauty factory! Hairdryer provided in room. Enough sockets for my hair straighteners and a handy socket by bed for the phone charger. Very good quality bed linen and again, spotlessly clean. Room nicely decorated and well maintained. The owners really care about guests' comfort - their policy is certainly not 'bums on seats and pile 'em high'
Breakfast delicious - practically licked my plate. Fruit salad, croissants, yogurts and a wide selection of cereals to help yourself to, then your cooked bit and plenty of toast and more given if wanted, ditto coffee/tea.
Lovely little bar with 'the best pint of Boddingtons' our friend had ever had. Bar shuts at 11pm - completely understandable!
How these two guys manage to get any sleep is beyond me - they're up late with the bar and up early doing the breakfasts. As I'm in the same business myself, albeit with fewer rooms, I can understand how hard they work to keep up standards. There's plenty of hovels in Blackpool and this hotel is a palace.
Well done lads - your stars are well earned. Make sure you get a good rest in January!

Reviewed 29 October 2010

The hotel was fantastic, the decorating was fabulous throughout, everywhere was clean and tidy. A lovely hotel for families, the owners were very welcoming and friendly and you could see they cared a great deal about their hotel, all the staff were very polite. The hotel had a really nice atmosphere about it. Visited alot of hotels in Blackpool before but not one of them matches up to the Corona, the little touches showed that they cared a great deal, there wasn't one thing that you could complain about. The food was amazing, well worth the money. Had a superb experience, would be sure to recommend to people, will go back again.

Reviewed 24 October 2010

Would not stay anywhere else in Blackpool. Always a warm friendly welcome and love our time at the Corona, booked already for next year, highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This is the 2nd time me and my girlfriend have stayed at the corona hotel in the matter of 3months. As like the 1st time we went, the service, the food, the rooms and cleanliness was excellent. Paul and Richard have made the hotel perfect for everyone to feel comfortable and happy to stay there! We will deffinately be returning to the hotel very soon. You just feel extremly comfortable asif you were at home. We would give 5 star rating from us again.
Matt & Fern x

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I normally stay at The Big Blue Hotel when I visit Blackpool but decided to try and find something just as nice but not as pricey. I noticed the Corona had good reviews on Tripadvisor so I went and booked a two night stay for me and my cousins. The Manager was very friendly and showed us to our rooms and helped with our cases.
My room had a queen sized bed which I had the best two nights sleep I've had in years. The room was very clean and the decor was nice and modern with a flat screen TV, the bathroom was a little small but it didn't bother me as there was only me using the room. The breakfast was lovely and they had a good selection of food on offer.
You can tell the owners have high standards because it showed right through the Hotel. All in all I enjoyed my stay at the Corona and I will definately be back next year.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We have been coming to this hotel for over 7 years and cannot rate it highly enough. Paul and Richard eat, sleep and breathe Customer service! You can tell it is a passion not just a business to them. The rooms are lovely and clean and very comfortable and if you want to spoil yourself choose a luxury/superior room and just wallow!

All the staff are very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make your stay a memorable one. Spent some lovely nights in the very opulent bar where you are made to feel like a friend not just a guest.

If you come to Blackpool you will not go wrong if you choose the Corona and I bet you too will be a returning guest.