“5 star rating”

Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Denny, United Kingdom
“5 star rating”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you want to experience Blackpool hospitality at its very best you need look no further than the Doric Hotel.
The staff are amazing, so friendly, helpful and James should be employed by the Blackpool tourist board as there is nothing about Blackpool that he does not know.
The rooms are lovely, housekeeping first class, cleanliness a priority.
The food is great, piping hot, home cooked, plentiful with all tastes and dietary needs catered for.
This is our 5th time back and have already booked for next time.
Absolutely Wonderful!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Reviewed 14 May 2014

First of all the website is very misleading, the room was nothing like those shown on the website which was the initial attraction. The room we were given was very small even for two people, the TV was pathetic (small portable) I have used a better travel kettle than the one supplied and could hardly hear ourselves speak as the carpet was very 'loud'. Although the bathroom was very nice..

Secondly regarding breakfast (or lack there of) Breakfast is served between 8:30-9:00 though you don't get told this info until you have to checkout at 10:30. When we explained we paid for bed and breakfast the reply was "it tells you on the screen in the bar area breakfast times" because that's were everyone looks to recieve info on the hotel, good job we're competent readers.

Thirdly the pool facility. Pool.. 3ft deep. Jacuzzi.. the controls for it are about 6ft away from the tub itself, the steam room was far too hot with the outlet conveniently placed at ankle level, nice suprise! You also get a great view of the rubbish bin at the side of the building on the way to the steam room an shower area as the 'firedoor' was left wide open.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Sergisons
Alloa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Can't wait for return visit hoping to for another 4 night stay next month Staff were first class / Food excellent / Guests were a great mix of ages and characters / Fabulous Time / Been to Blackpool many times over the years first time I haven't found A fault / certainly will recommend The Doric Hotel See you soon

Room Tip: Sea View on Higher floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christine P
Leigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Currently staying at the Doric Hotel in Blackpool. What can I say, from the moment I arrived they could not do enough for me and all other guests. My bedroom is amazing with full sea view, en suite with bath and shower facilities. The staff are so pleasing and supportive of guests, nothing is too much trouble, they all smile and take the time to talk and acknowledge people which as a lone traveller means alot. The food is hot and a very good varied menu which is cooked to perfection. Entertainment well, I can only say for last night but was a great male singer, who got everyone enjoying themselves. Been in the outdoor pool today which was great. Due to poor health conditions and I am currently recovering I was very hesitant and anxious. But no more. I will be booking a return break here. So many people are regular holiday makers. Outstanding to all Doric team and thank you so much.

Room Tip: Front sea view rooms are lovely although alittle bit of traffic noise through the night on the prome...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank cheryl P
Colne Lancashire
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We booked this hotel as my neighbour's husband was in Blackpool Victoria for a triple by-pass. It was only just over 2 miles to the hospital but not immediately central to the hustle and bustle of Blackpool so it was perfect for us. Lovely hotel with excellent attentive staff from the moment we signed in to our departure. Facilities at the Doric include Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna and Pool was as stated and we made full use of them. Entertainment every evening as advertised. Freshly cooked evening meals with plenty of choice for each course was very enjoyable and the breakfast each morning set you up for hours! The only downside was the creaky floorboard noise from the people in the room above us pacing about but an old building is sure to have these. All in all a very pleasant stay and we wouldn't hesitate to return and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Side sea view room was very nice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sue71044
newcastle-under-lyme
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here just for one night and to be honest I would use the hotel again. Ample free on street parking as well as parking at the side of the hotel. The entrance and bar and dining areas of the hotel have obviously been modernised I expect to attract the lucrative wedding package market. The staff as mentioned by others are all very pleasant and check in was very simple, we were also given a 10% discount voucher for our next stay. There is a small lift which services the four floors which we used as we had a pushchair. The corridors leading to the rooms are very narrow and the carpet is quite old although not threadbare, the fire doors which you have to pass through make pushing a pushchair slightly difficult but not a major issue. One thing I did find was its quite warm even with no heating on, I expect that this is because the fire doors don't allow for much air circulation. Our room was really warm and we had to leave the window wide open, what the heat would be like on a warm day I dread to think. The room itself was very clean and the beds very comfy although the furniture was a little tired and slightly tatty. The TV was an old CRT set with a free view box attached via scart lead, but it was fine and worked. The bathroom had been updated and was very nice, small pot of shower gel and shampoo and a hand soap. I did notice the signs in the bathroom asking you to be environmentally friendly had spelled environmentally incorrectly (I did tell reception on check out!).

Breakfast in the morning I have to say was ok, had I have paid more I wouldn't have been as forgiving. The selection of cereals is good and there is a good selection of fruit juices, you are shown to your seat and orders are taken for drinks. The toast is not great as its mostly only toasted on one side the other side is just warm bread, there is a breakfast menu and as well as a full English you can have porridge and kippers as well as eggs cooked various ways. I think the hotel needs to pay a bit more and get a better quality sausage as I have to say they were rubbish, my son loves sausages and he didn't eat his and my wife left hers as well. Unfortunately my wifes first breakfast had a hair lurking under the bacon. To be fair to the staff, they changed the entire breakfast straight away with no fuss so full credit to them.

Overall the location is great, you're out of the way of the stag and hen dos and power drinkers. Its only a short walk to the town or there is a tram stop directly outside if you feel less energetic! Its clean and the staff are pleasant, I can't comment on the entertainment or the swimming pool areas as we didn't use them. The upgraded rooms from what I have seen on the web look really good and I think I would pay extra (and use my 10% discount voucher) next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank wolverine360
Manchester
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Thanks again for a lovely stay, Thanks for great food even if i did eat soooooo much breakfast James Drury you are a Star once again. You made my kids laugh and smile. we will see you again soon.

John Cavanagh 2014 9/10