“Couldn't get better”

Doric Hotel
Ranked #11 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
“Couldn't get better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

A great stay, went for 2 nights for pride. Arrived late, a great. Welcome from the moment I stepped in the hotel, your first point of contact reception, Sarah was on a fantastic member of your team, happy to help with all your queries. Missed dinner but got offered something to eat. Love this hotel got to be one of the best in the country, from the great staf of James, george, Sarah and Linda on reception. I could go on and on as all the staff are friendly helpful and bend over backwards to help. Thanx again see you in Auguest

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is going to be a bit of a different review, a review of two parts which coincidentally matches our experience of the Doric Hotel. Part one follows and was written on our first night…
I’m writing this at 10pm from my room at the Doric Hotel. Its roasting hot, but I can’t open the window because I’ll either be serenaded by extractor fans rattling away or the thumping loud music that I’m told will go on until ‘late’. I’m on the fourth floor so God alone knows what people are suffering below me. This is definitely not the place to stay if you want a rest. I’ve not had a good experience so far. After a 5 hour drive to get here the claims that the hotel has a car park we’re found to be far from the truth. There are about 12 parking spaces in the front which are shared with the hotel next door, and space for about 10 cars at the side of the hotel, with the caveat that you have to leave your keys with reception and allow the Management to move your car to cram others in. They could not provide me with any evidence of insurance so I’ve ended up parking 15 minutes away on a side street; the reception staff gave me nothing but attitude when I asked to see their insurance to drive my car, telling me that if I have a problem then the best thing is for me to park off-site. I ended up parking on a side-street 10 minutes away. I should have learnt my lesson then and just walked away. I’m going to cut my losses and go home tomorrow.
After being persuaded to give it another go we stuck it out and am writing part two after we got back home. The noise wasn’t quite as bad on nights two and three, although picked up a bit on night four. It’s worth mentioning the leisure facilities. The indoor pool is only 3ft deep and is quite small, definitely too small to swim in. The indoor steam-room and hot tub we’re ok though. Outside it the sauna and outside pool which I have to say we’re excellent. It was big enough to swim in and properly heated, definitely one of the high points. Other events worthy of note was happy-hour at the bar which reduced the prices back to reasonable levels; although recommend the pub next door which is amazingly cheap. Breakfast was table-service and I have to say that the service was excellent. The staff we’re completely different from our reception experience and we’re all up-beat and seemed to want to go the extra mile.
Staff worthy of note: Sarah on reception for having a ‘like-it-or-lump-it’ attitude to our arrival, a smile wouldn’t have hurt would it? And I couldn’t end the review without a mention to James who demonstrated an excellent positive attitude, encyclopaedic knowledge of the local area and without a doubt turned what was going to be an abysmal review to a positive.

Room Tip: Can only comment on rooms 72 and 74 which should be avoided at all costs. Noisy extractor fans and i...
4 Thank stuartadair
Willenhall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here recently the Customer service of all the staff was outstanding, very helpful and friendly. Facilities of the hotel and services were excellent. Cleanness and hygiene of the hotel excellent, couldn’t ask for a cleaner hotel and services.
The food served by the hotel, outstanding and good quality. The restaurant manager James D met every need and requirements needed in the restaurant all his Staff very helpful and polite provided high standard of customer satisfaction.
Entertainment: outstanding could ask for nicer stay at the Doric Hotel.
I will highly recommend the hotel and facilities to all my friends,family. I would stay again at the Doric.

Miss
K.e.Bayliss

1 Thank Kerry B
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here for a week last year with my boyfriend and our families.Bit of a shambles at reception because 2 of our party's rooms were available but ours wasnt so wen had to wait around. We were given a sea view room which was clean if a bit dated, same for the bathroom. The rooms have tea and coffee making facilities and a tv, which was a bit ancient. The food at the hotel is wonderful and there is always a good choice for the evening meal. One of the downsides to this hotel is parking, there are limited places to park in the side streets so just be aware of this. Hotel is perfectly located for the tram and bus stop so getting around is no problem. We didnt use the swimming pool during our stay but it looked clean enough.there is a bar in the hotel which is nice to relax in in the evenings. If you want to use the bus and tram, the corner shop just down the road from the doric sells passes that give you unlimited use so these are worth having. Overall a great stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
maidstone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed 6th-9th June 2014. Decided to have a weekend in Blackpool and chose the Doric as my base. What a good choice i made.My room was had not been refurbished, but it was comfortable, an adequate size.The room was spotlessly clean, which is a credit to the housekeeping team. In fact all areas of the Doric, were of a similar standard and deserves a higher star rating.All the staff,in reception, dining room, bar area, were highly efficient, friendly and customer focused. Nothing appeared to be to much trouble. The food was of a good standard, as was the evening entertainment. Well done to the Doric staff. I shall certainly spread the gospel and sing the plaudits that you deserve. The 600 mile trip was well worth it. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank maidstonetony
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The best hotel in Blackpool! Immaculately clean, food brilliant, lovely cocktails on the new menu, staff friendly and helpful. Clean modern bedrooms. Tram stop right outside which takes you in to blackpool town and attractions. Outdoor pool is great, you dont find many in blackpool and you can order pool side snacks, drinks, cocktails and ice creams. We have rebooked for August school holidays. Cant wait!!

1 Thank JackieD72
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

When you arrive you are given the warmest of Welcome's, given all the info the hotel as to offer which is plentiful, then told where you room is....then down for dinner where you meet James what a guy so helpful and happy in is work the waitresses and waiter's are great meal's are to a very high standard hot/plentiful as is the breakfast... Then George the porter great guy always looking after the guests will definitely be going back to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple