“One word - BRILLIANT!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Chesterfield
“One word - BRILLIANT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

I visited the lodge with a group of work friends for the weekend for a leaving "do" for my boss. Sally and Mike were so welcoming and remembered us making the original booking and commented on why we had booked there. The location is great, close enough to the sea front and Pleasure Beach, a bit of a distance from the pubs and clubs which was fine because you didn’t get the noise from everyone turning out at a silly hour, and a taxi there only cost a few pounds. The rooms are lovely, very airy and really well kept. I only had one breakfast there (even though we did stay for two nights) and again no complaints at all, Sally and Mike really couldn't do enough for us, bringing us extra toast and tea. I would definitely go back there again without hesitation!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MikenSally, owner at Branston Lodge Guest House, responded to this review, 9 October 2009
Thankyou very much for taking the time to make these lovely comments. You obviously enjoyed yourself so much you couldnt make breakfast after the 2nd night. We do hope you visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Oxton, Prenton, Wirral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

Hi Mike & Sally.

Really enjoyed our stay at your B & B. Hope you continue to have a successfull Business. Enjoy your Holiday in Eqypt. Would definately recommend your establishment to anyone...Very close to All of Blackpool's attractions. Breakfast was first class. Room V ery Clean & Tidy. What more can we say....

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thankyou for your positive feedback it was lovley to meet you and thankyou for you for taking the time to pass comments on the hotel..
Flintshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2009

My boyfriend and I, along with 2 of our friends, stayed at The Branston Guest Lodge last weekend. Although we would agree that it was a comfortable, clean, spacious stay within walking distance to the Pleasure Beach and G Casino, I would still only say that the B&B was average and that I’m not too sure what all the fuss on the below reviews was about…

I would also say it was more of a 3* than a 4*.

We arrived in 2 cars as we travelled down earlier than our friends, only to find that there was one parking place available (Out of approx 6-8 spaces at the back). Our friends ended up parking quite far away so I suggest the word “Limited” is added to the parking description on the website. I noticed the website also said that the rooms have heating, but ours was very cold in the morning!

The room we stayed in had 1 double bed and some bunk beds. It was definitely very clean and we found the bed comfy. I think it could have done with a couple of personal touches like a soap bar or shower gel in the bathroom. The alarm clock ticked VERY loud, so if you’re lucky enough to find that yours had ran out of its wind… DON’T wind it up! Or you’ll end up stuffing it in the draw with a towel wrapped round like we did…

The shower wasn’t powerful enough and took ages to heat up and the kettle didn’t fit under the tap so we had to fill up glasses of water then pour in the kettle.

Although the breakfast tasted nice, I probably could have counted the amount of beans we had on my two hands!

I also suggest the B&B purchase a card machine. I rarely carry cash with me as I usually pay off my card so it was a bit of an inconvenience to have to find a cash machine before we could pay (And the one I ended up finding charged me too!!)

I wouldn’t stay here again, but would say for it was an ok base for families that want to visit the Pleasure Beach. The owners are friendly and I’d imagine would help out with any queries.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BranstonLodge, owner at Branston Lodge Guest House, responded to this review, 22 September 2009
Thankyou for your feedback. Sally and I are sorry that your one night stay here was not satisfactory. We do our utmost to ensure that everbody has a comfortable stay,the heating is not on at the moment as it is early September but if you had only asked we would have responded to your request.
We wish you would have drawn these points to our attention while you were here.
As far as the credit card goes,we did explain to you when you rang to book here, we did not have credit card facilities in the guesthouse and you said that it wouldnt be a problem.
Thankyou for taking the time to provide comments on your stay.
Rochester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2009

Our first trip to Blackpool and we couldn't have chosen a better B & B.
Mike & Sally were friendly,helpful and made us very welcome. The room was great, spacious comfortable and very clean. The breakfasts too were very good and plentiful.
There was also the bonus of free parking. We really enjoyed our stay in Blackpool and would happily stay at Branston Lodge and highly recommend it to our friends.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BranstonLodge, owner at Branston Lodge Guest House, responded to this review, 18 September 2009
Sally and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2009

Very nice b&b- spacious, comfortable beds etc. It is well located, but is suprisingly quiet. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Thanks!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thankyou for taking time to give us feedback. It was lovely meeting you and we look forward to seeing you again..

Mike and Sally
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

We had a great stay in branston lodge mike and sally were very friendly breakfast was lovely the rooms were good size, clean and comfortable and in a great location, would definately recommend a stay here

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thankyou for your feedback. We think the location of the Guesthouse is Ideal as you say. Close to the Pleasure Beach but not too close and only minutes from the trams to town.
Sally and I look forward to meeting you again in the future...
watford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2009

we really enjoyed staying at the branston lodge and its one of the best hotels we have stayed in for a long time and we have stayed in quite a few. The hosts were very friendly from the start of our holiday to the end. The hotel is quiet and very clean and nicely decorated. We would certainly go back again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple