Branston Lodge Guest House
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Big Blue Hotel(Blackpool)
View Hotel
All reviewsmike and sallypleasure beachb bnext yearperfect hostson arrivalwarm welcomeplace to stayroom was spotlessfantastic stayfull english breakfastbreakfast was excellentlovely couplefamily roomfriendly hostsset you up for the daytoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2010

we stayed for one night we was welcomed with a smile and showed to our room, the room was clean tidy plenty of room, fresh bedlinen excellent could not fault this lodge well worth the money the breakfast was great celeals cooked breakfast toast tea coffee orange excellent. diffo will be returning later this yr or begin of next yr.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
BranstonLodge, Owner at Branston Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2010

Thankyou for leaving us your feedback on your stay we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 April 2010

If you ever visit here you will know what I mean. When we drove down the street for the first time we were greeted by signs stating that all rooms have clour TVs and what looked like rejected B&Bs from the 1950s.

It was my friends 21st birthday and with us having a large group of friends not many places would take our booking but we found Branston Lodge and couldnt believe the price. On our journey to blackpool we had a little problem on the road so we all were relived to be greeted by mike and sally the moment we got out of the car. Mike helped me and the other lads in with our bags and sally went in with the girls to get us all checked in. We had brought a few cans with us and mike and sally had no problem with us sitting outside and having a couple of drinks on their decking on a hot summers day and it just showed what kind of weekend we were going to have.

We visited the pleasure beach for a couple of hours, which is only a five minute walk away, came back and started to get ready for a night out around blackpool. Myslef and 2 others were having major issues with our costumes and sally was more than happy to help us fix them.

Anyway i will stop waffeling on, the room was spot on and clean, the service was excellent and there could not be a better hangover sure than mikes full english breakfast.

I would recomend this B&B to anyone and I am the assistant manager for a very prestigous hotel in helmsley.

THANKS MIKE AND SALLY

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank lmcdonnell00
BranstonLodge, owner at Branston Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2010

Crikey this took a long time to find its way back
still we must have left a positive impression as mentioned in your superb comments for which we are very grateful. You were fantastic fufun and we are delighted you had such a great weekend.

Reviewed 20 April 2010

Only stayed one night as on business but the hospitality and friendliness of Sally & Mike at breakfast made meel feel so welcome i felt i'd known them a while. Breakfast was great although did nothing for the diet and having freeview, wi-fi large room (i had room 7 a double for single occupancy) and parking a real bonus in Blackpool.
If you're looking for somewhere great to stay, business or pleasure, don't hesitate and it's got 4 Star Guest Accommodation by VisitEngland (the official tourist board for England) too which is important to me when I'm booking somewhere to stay.
Thank you for your hospitality and I hope you have a great successful season.

2  Thank Chubbs23

Sally and I thankyou for your comments we take it you found the Corona there were no rescue helicopters about so we assume you made it.
Hope to see you again in the near future,thanks for your feedback whilst with us..

Reviewed 12 April 2010

I was somebody who was never interested in going to blackpool, but, my other half and friends persuaded me to go. And even in the car on the way there i was still dubious, but, when i turned up at this lovely guest house, and was met by the wonderfully friendly Mike & Sally, i felt immediately at home. The place is so clean, and spacious, and although i was only there for two nights, i have no doubt that if staying longer it has eveything you need, and more. The road is just off the main prom, and less than 10 minutes walk from the pleasure beach, but, when sat outside on the decking in the sun, you wouldnt know it from the peace and quiet. The guest house really did make my weekend, and i will definately be booking again for next year!! Who knew that one guest house, and one friendly couple could change my views of a town that i was never interested in!! Thanks to both and see you again next year

4  Thank Ele158

Sally and I are so pleased we made such a positive contribution to your stay we do hope that you can come again for longer next year and see even more of Blackpool

Reviewed 11 April 2010

after a second year at the Branston Lodge, all 5 of us are going to book again for next year, (personal note to Mike, me and Neil Got our respective positions) May I say we all enjoyed our stay this year again, nothing is too much trouble, Lets go back to basics, what do you need from a Guest House? clean, comfortable rooms.... check.... No rowdy louts getting drunk in the bar..... check.... Down to earth great hosts.... check. Breakfast freshly cooked and to your liking... Check.. Good value for money... oops check again. If you are looking for a place to stay where you can drink till silly o'clock, get into a bed that has seen better days and sheets that have more holes than a dart board, then i would suggest somewhere else, here you have two lovely people who care about what their guests think, respond quickly to any quiery or request you may have. If you have any negative comments, dont leave it till you've left, speak to Mike or Sally, they will do their utmost to put it right. Personally I am looking forward to next April where I know I will be well catered for and well looked after.

3  Thank jph15178

Well what can we say ... looking forward to next year already, glad you are re- elected and we are delighted with your comments have a great holiday dont forget the pictures of the beach and babes see you next year